User Tag List

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    I just started World War Z. I think someone else here mentioned it before, but I picked it up totally unrelated to that.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by j0be View Post
    I just started World War Z. I think someone else here mentioned it before, but I picked it up totally unrelated to that.
    Good read, bro. Good read.

Unrelated, I picked up zombie, Ohio the other day... but I'm in the middle of Unbroken (which is amazing) so it remains unread, on the shelf.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by j0be View Post
    If you haven't read it, you need to read the novel for I Am Legend. The movie was good, but didn't stay true to the story almost at all. Totally different story. Plus the book actually explains much more about the outbreak, and even explains the story's title.
    The movie with Will Smith is the 3rd movie based off of that book, The first one had Vincent Price and is called Last man of Earth (1964) then Omega Man with Charlton Heston (1971) and finally I am legend with Will Smith (2007). My personal opinion is that the first one sticks closest to the book, the second one has that 70's feel and the third is good but strays from the book to much.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drew227598 View Post
    The movie with Will Smith is the 3rd movie based off of that book, The first one had Vincent Price and is called Last man of Earth (1964) then Omega Man with Charlton Heston (1971) and finally I am legend with Will Smith (2007). My personal opinion is that the first one sticks closest to the book, the second one has that 70's feel and the third is good but strays from the book to much.
    True story. The Last Man On Earth was wonderful. I prefer it over the latter films. Could be that I'm just not a Woll Smoth fan.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    True story. The Last Man On Earth was wonderful. I prefer it over the latter films. Could be that I'm just not a Woll Smoth fan.
    Funny Story I found it in a 7 11 for 2 bucks and had no idea what it was when I bought it. I just thought the title was cool and it seemed like something I would like. From there I read the book and then found Omega Man which was good but still not as good as the first one. I was in Baghdad when will smiths movie came out but we managed to get a good bootleg so I was able to see that over there, enjoyed it but again still not as good as the first one. If your are into books like that try Earth Abides, by George R Stewart, I am about half way through it and it's pretty good

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Some of the books I have read in the past few months which are with the read

Patriots: A novel of Survival in the coming collapse (hard first few chapters but then well worth it!!)
    Alas, Babylon (Cold War goes Hot)
    One Second After
    Patient Zero
    The Art of War
    Star Wars: Death Troopers
    Hater
    Both Day by Day Armageddon books
    Both Plague of the Dead books
    The Walking Dead graphic novels
    Dying to live

I just downloaded Atlas Shrugged, it's 2 min shy of 63 hours, I have a 17 hour international flight coming up so I am saving some of it for then. Most of the books are zombie or end of the world type books.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    well atm i'm reading the entire Blackest Night series. i'm only 8 books in and it's probably the most epic comic book story i have ever read!
    In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

"New Arrival"

Status
    Well, for the non-genre crowd, I just finished Youth by J.M. Coetzee. It was amazing. Moving on to Post Office by Charles Bukowski. Then The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolano.

One book I can't recommend enough is The Gone-Away World by Nick Harkaway. I guess I would call it a story of growing up and friendships, but set in a post-apocalyptic sci-fi world.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I just read the first Sherlock Holmes book and now I'm onto Dracula (love the free books on ibooks). Then I've got The Game by Neil Strauss and, if I ever manage to track them down, the second and third books in the His Dark Materials trilogy.

EDIT: Oh and the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th books in the Dexter series
    Last edited by kafu288; Jun 13th, 2011 at 09:25 PM.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Right now I'm on a bit of a Kevin Smith kick...

Silent Bob Speaks: The Collected Writings of Kevin Smith
    My Boring Ass Life (also by Kevin Smith)
    Batman: Cacophony
    Batman: The Widening Gyre

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast