User Tag List

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Currently reading: Count Zero by William Gibson. A little cyber-punk to get the week moving. Book two in The Sprawl trilogy, "sequel" to Neuromancer. So far it's interesting, but isn't blowing my hair back the way Neuromancer did. That said, it's a good read and it's totally worth checking out if you're at all into good storytelling.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Just started "reading" The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath as read by Maggie Gyllenhaal. I've been meaning to get to it for quite some time, just kept putting it off. It's not bad so far. It's like reading a smarter, better Bret Easton Ellis.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Just finished Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us by Robert D. Hare PhD and it's frightening. Ugh. I don't know why I do this stuff to myself sometimes. Of course, I've been doing nothing but watching documentaries on serial killers for the last week... so... disturbing, but informative. I'm pretty sure everyone in my neighborhood is a serial killer. I want to move.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Just finished Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us by Robert D. Hare PhD and it's frightening. Ugh. I don't know why I do this stuff to myself sometimes. Of course, I've been doing nothing but watching documentaries on serial killers for the last week... so... disturbing, but informative. I'm pretty sure everyone in my neighborhood is a serial killer. I want to move.

Lol, that's how I feel every time I get back onto serial killer books and documentaries. Which funny enough I'm back on, so I might read that book.

I just finished reading Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris, very good. I also finished Reconstructing Amelia, also very good. Just started on When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris, and My Year of Meats by Ruth L Ozeki. The Sedaris book is another memoir and it's funny so far. My Year of Meats I just started and it's still building up, so I can't say much, but it does have some awards behind it, if that's your thing.

I read a lot, I have a book in every room

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Finally finished Count Zero by William Gibson. Moved on to Fletch by Gregory Mcdonald.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Am right in the middle of "The Dead" (Enemy-series) by Charlie Higson. Being the second in this series it is much better than the first novel of the "Enemy-Series".
    Am at 3/4 of "Faces of Fraud: Cases and Lessons from a Life Fighting Fraudsters" by Martin T. Biegelman. Really interesting.
    Am at 1/6 of "Debt: The First 5,000 Years" by David Graeber. Although this seems to be kind of a scientific approach, it reads much more entertaining than one might expect.
    Have just started reading "Nightside The Long Sun (Book of the Long Sun)" by Gene Wolf. Not sure what to think about it, 'cause it is some weird style of writing, which may change.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    Well Liked1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Am right in the middle of "The Dead" (Enemy-series) by Charlie Higson. Being the second in this series it is much better than the first novel of the "Enemy-Series".
    Am at 3/4 of "Faces of Fraud: Cases and Lessons from a Life Fighting Fraudsters" by Martin T. Biegelman. Really interesting.
    Am at 1/6 of "Debt: The First 5,000 Years" by David Graeber. Although this seems to be kind of a scientific approach, it reads much more entertaining than one might expect.
    Have just started reading "Nightside The Long Sun (Book of the Long Sun)" by Gene Wolf. Not sure what to think about it, 'cause it is some weird style of writing, which may change.
    The enemy series, although it's aimed toward a younger audience, is such a good read!
    I loved all of them and am very jealous you have so many to read!!!
    I'm waiting for next one which is out in September!

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

I've been reading the Game of Thrones graphic novels while waiting for the episodes to be released.

It also makes me firmly believe that a WA graphic novel would be very doable...
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyButters View Post
    The enemy series, although it's aimed toward a younger audience, is such a good read!
    I loved all of them and am very jealous you have so many to read!!!
    I'm waiting for next one which is out in September!
    Yeah, I am very glad that a while ago someone pointed me towards the Enemy series. The first title left me kind of confused for a while, because I never was certain what the story was about, who the real main protagonists would be etc. But that does not necessarily mean that I dislike the first title or that - more generally spoken - the first book of this series is "bad" or something. I really look forward to finishing the second title and to go on with all the other books of this series.

As for so many titles to read ... There are much more. But there is no reason to be jealous. It is me who has to be jealous because I have hardly time reading at all. Currently my job and apprenticeship is very demanding. So it happens very randomly and occasionally that I have the one or the other hour to relax with a good book to read and to relax with ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    I'm almost done with my college class and will be taking a break from courses for a month or two since we're moving to South Carolina in the summer. But, for now, I'm reading about the Ayatollah (class) and still need to finish up my book on NSA's history (not class).
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast