User Tag List

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    I just finished Carrue Ryan's "The Forest of Hands and Teeth" - a great zombie book that doesn't use the word zombie, and just started Jonathan Maberry's "Bad Moon Rising".

"Scavenger"

Status

PSN ID: TheAmazingBoomer
    Currently reading through Separation of Power, which is part of Vince Flynn's series of books (it follows a CIA operative named Mitch Rapp) and also reading the paperback versions of the Walking Dead comics (just finished volume 11)

Only recently started ready again recently, topics of interest are action/thriller, mystery and of course any novels with zombies in it...lol, suggestions are welcome

"New Arrival"

Status
    Lee Child The Killing Floor. About halfway through it. Pretty good. Hoping it doesn't go the route of the Harry Bosch books and age the character up so much as the series goes on.

"Hoarder"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerXL View Post
    Currently reading through Separation of Power, which is part of Vince Flynn's series of books (it follows a CIA operative named Mitch Rapp) and also reading the paperback versions of the Walking Dead comics (just finished volume 11)

Only recently started ready again recently, topics of interest are action/thriller, mystery and of course any novels with zombies in it...lol, suggestions are welcome
    I love the Vince Flynn, Mitch Rapp books! Did you read the newest one that deals with Rapp's recruitment and training? Pretty good stuff.

Right now I'm reading Gladiator by English author Simmon Scarrow, another series following the (mis)adventures of Macro and Cato in the Imperial Roman Army.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    Are they good? I read the first one and got to a quasi rapey scene and was kinda turned off by it so I put it aside. I've seen the show and I enjoy it but apparently the show and the books are different.
    The books are better in some ways--For example, the Maenad doesn't die in the book and in fact hardly shows up at all. She just makes the rounds to various vampire territories and demands tribute (an animal to tear apart) or else she causes an insanity in vampires that makes them super destructive.

A lot of books these days are long on concept but a bit short on execution. Her writing isn't fantastic, but it gets the job done.

I like the Parasol Protectorate series of books. Again, long on concept, but better written.

I'm reading the nonfiction "The Other Brain" and I just finished "Tooth and Nail"
    SKITTLES?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Halo Crytum

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Today, I finished read the Chaos Walking trilogy. Imagine living in a world where all your thougths were projected out of your mind, that's what this book is. A boy named Todd is forced to leave his hometown and warn the rest of the world of Mayor Pretiss's army he has built up and stop him. Anymore would be spoilers, but I was expecting the worst from this book when my friend loaned it to me. I was pleasantly surprised by the awesomeness of it. It's an emotional rollar coaster as well, I teared up multiple times, if your into that.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurVeteran

Gamertag: Mikeyd2tall Steam ID: Mikeyd2tall
    im currently running through the harry potter series yet again. gonna brush up on the books and movies for my blog so i can review 7 part 2 with a Huge recource of info. but normally whatever i can get my hands on.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyd2tall View Post
    im currently running through the harry potter series yet again. gonna brush up on the books and movies for my blog so i can review 7 part 2 with a Huge recource of info. but normally whatever i can get my hands on.
    Have you listened to them on tape/cd? Jim Dale is excellent.
    SKITTLES?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    Not at all. I was refering to stories like World War Z, The Zombies of Lake Woebegotten, and Morning Star Strain. I think those are names. I made the mistake of reading J.L. Bourne first and now nothing is good enough. I'll get back to them eventually.
    A friend loaned me Day by Day. And Bourne's facebook page actually lead me to We're Alive. The book was brilliant and I'm eternally grateful for being lead here.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast