Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Currently "reading" elantris by Brandon Sanderson..if I remember correctly it is his first novel, and while it shows to a certain extent, the premise and plot is really...really..interesting..im only seven chapters in and so far it's a brilliant piece of dark fantasy
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Pied piper by Nevil shute
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    There are two members named Nitara listed, one in New York and one in Indonesia... none in Florida.
    Okay, here's the link http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4721718-allyson

I signed up to goodreads via my twitter profile. I think that might be why I wasn't showing up.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

This Is Your Brain On Music: The Science of Human Obsession by Dr. Daniel J. Levitin (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...Brain_on_Music)

I know nothing about the author or the work itself, it was an impulse buy as I was preparing to leave the bookstore today. Had an interesting title and cover. Sold me enough to shell out another $20.

I picked up a copy of Slip of the Knife by Denise Mina (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...p_Of_The_Knife) without knowing it was #3 in a series. Now I feel like an asshole and have to go BACK to find the first two before I can read it.

Also reading:

Legion by William Peter Blatty (
    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/219362.Legion)
    Watchmen And Philosophy: A Rorschach Test by Mark D. White (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...and-philosophy)

I'm saving Secret of the White Rose (
    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9683576-secret-of-the-white-rose) for after surgery.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Started The Reapers Are The Angels by Alden Bell tonight. I'm only four chapters in so far, but it's really good.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Just started an interesting new book called "Dead Country" by Bonnie Dee. The concept is different. The zombie apocalypse has come, but it's been contained. The story focuses on a small community in Kansas that survived, but is very isolated. The government has survived, the military has turned the tide, there is a vaccine to prevent people from becoming zombies. But the country is wrecked, there are still zombies out there, supplies are running low, winter is coming and help is a long way away. It reminds me of Jericho, but with zombies instead of nuclear war.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Foxfire book 2 It's a collection of stories, pictures, and "How to " diagrams of old time ways to live.
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Found a copy of Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes in a used bookstore this afternoon and just about lost my shit. It was only $2.50!!! I wanted to jump across the counter and kiss the girl behind the counter... should have... she was super cute. Guess I know where I'll be going tomorrow!

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: bloodredkennedy PSN ID: bloodredkennedy
    I am currently reading John Greens the Fault in Our Stars, as well as Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughter house five. Now I have read slaughter house five before a few times and I strongly recommend it if you haven't yet read it. As for the fault in our stars I've only read a few chapters thus far. But what I have read I like it. I would also recommend the author John Green I love all of his books; Looking for Alaska, an Abundance of Katherine, and Paper Towns.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bradwnel View Post
    I am currently reading John Greens the Fault in Our Stars, as well as Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughter house five. Now I have read slaughter house five before a few times and I strongly recommend it if you haven't yet read it. As for the fault in our stars I've only read a few chapters thus far. But what I have read I like it. I would also recommend the author John Green I love all of his books; Looking for Alaska, an Abundance of Katherine, and Paper Towns.
    I've got a copy of Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska sittin on the shelf waiting for me to finish everything else on my current 'To Read' list.

Welcome, by the way! Be sure to drop in the Introduce Yourself thread and say hi!

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast