User Tag List

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Craig Dilouie has a new book that came out yesterday. It's called "The Killing Floor" and is a follow up to "The Infection". It's supposed to take up where The Infection left off, with the US military absorbing reinforcements coming home from the Middle East and counter-attacking to re-take areas lost to the infection. I just downloaded the Kindle edition and expect to lose myself in it starting this evening.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

On the block right now:

Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife by Mary Roach
    Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
    Packing For Mars by Mary Roach

Re-reading:

The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Gatherer"

Status
    Night of the Living Trekkies. I got this because of the book trailer on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyO2k-jApng

Hilarious.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Just re-read John Dies at the End because the film comes out soon (which is now one of my favourite books as it has the right amount of humour, horror, gore and 'messed up-ness'), and now I am reading Battle Royale about a group of teenagers who are put on an island and have to kill eachother for a gameshow and if they don't then they die. It's actually very interesting.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyQuinn View Post
    Just re-read John Dies at the End because the film comes out soon (which is now one of my favourite books as it has the right amount of humour, horror, gore and 'messed up-ness'), and now I am reading Battle Royale about a group of teenagers who are put on an island and have to kill eachother for a gameshow and if they don't then they die. It's actually very interesting.
    I'm super excited about the JDatE sequel! If I'm not mistaken is called "This Book Is Full of Spiders". I'm simultaneously excited and filled with trepidation about the film. I loved the book but I have no idea how they would do some things. I'm super excited to see the mural in Bob Marley's trailer though!

Shit Narnia! Testamints! Hearing Three Arm Sally FINALLY perform Camel Holocaust!!!

I knew a man! No, I made that part up! Hair! Hair! Haaairrr! Camel Holocaust! Camel Holocaust!

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Is this the same Battle Royale which became a Japanese movie in 2000ish and that a lot of critics say The Hunger Games ripped off? And before anyone flames me on that, the jury's already adjourned on how many book/movies/plots you can have in a post apocalyptic world and feature some sort of winner/killer takes all.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    I'm reading trash complete trash and I'm ashamed to admit it. I'm reading a novella by Colleen McCullough The Ladies of Missalonghi
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I'm super excited about the JDatE sequel! If I'm not mistaken is called "This Book Is Full of Spiders". I'm simultaneously excited and filled with trepidation about the film. I loved the book but I have no idea how they would do some things. I'm super excited to see the mural in Bob Marley's trailer though!

Shit Narnia! Testamints! Hearing Three Arm Sally FINALLY perform Camel Holocaust!!!

I knew a man! No, I made that part up! Hair! Hair! Haaairrr! Camel Holocaust! Camel Holocaust!
    I would so go and see Three Arm Sally, I wonder how bad they are going to be (probably about as bad as The Slugz). I am so excited for the film and the sequel but I think the UK get the film quite a bit later than when it actually comes out.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellbringer View Post
    Is this the same Battle Royale which became a Japanese movie in 2000ish and that a lot of critics say The Hunger Games ripped off? And before anyone flames me on that, the jury's already adjourned on how many book/movies/plots you can have in a post apocalyptic world and feature some sort of winner/killer takes all.
    Yeah that is it but I wasn't aware that critics were saying The Hunger Games ripped it off?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

I would so go and see Three Arm Sally, I wonder how bad they are going to be (probably about as bad as The Slugz). I am so excited for the film and the sequel but I think the UK get the film quite a bit later than when it actually comes out.
    I know it did a festival tour and was well received. It's just one of those "I've got an picture in my head" sort of things. I listened to the audiobook version of it recently and the guy who read it did an beautiful job giving John and Dave their own voices (his John was brilliant and exactly how I heard him in my head). I'm trying to keep an open mind about it, but I know that there is so much that isn't going to translate. Especially considering the length of the book against the length of the film. They did the Soy Sauce really cool though, using Ferrofluid and all that. Super awesome.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/105484...ng_ferrofluid/

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast