User Tag List

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    "Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

What are you reading?

Kind of like the what are you listening to thread, but about books!
    I don't know about you but I'm always looking for new book suggestions so....

What are you reading? Are you enjoying it? Should we read it too?

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I'm usually reading two books at once - one fiction one nonfiction.

So currently I'm reading Under the Dome by Stephen King and Surpassing the Love of Men by Lillian Faderman.

Under the Dome is really interesting so far. I love the ideas that King comes up with. Stephen King used to be a really guilty pleasure read of mine but I'm over my fake haughtiness of reading. He's gross and crass but really a great horror writer.

Surpassing the Love of Men is a book about the history of the romantic friendship between women... It's really fascinating.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    At the moment the only books I'm actively reading (aside from a few unfinished zombie novels) is the Sookie Stackhouse series. I read all the books and just waiting on the new one to show up in May.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Are they good? I read the first one and got to a quasi rapey scene and was kinda turned off by it so I put it aside. I've seen the show and I enjoy it but apparently the show and the books are different.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Yes, they awesome. I tried to read just one at a time, and soon realized I should start ordering 2 at a time because I sped through them so fast.

The show and books are very different. VERY different. Producers added alot of useless drawn out crap to the tv show for content. Season 1 plot was somewhat the same. They strayed from the story heavily in Season 2 and kept very few book elements in Season 3 unfortunately. The Fae don't dance around in sparkly dresses like they're on ectasy, they actually kill things. Secondary characters are just that, secondary. All supernatural beings stay true to their nature (fighting and biting) so yes there's sporadic examples of feeding and breeding which is expected but not distracting. The books make much more sense and are far more humorous and entertaining.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    (aside from a few unfinished zombie novels)
    I may be full of myself but is this a reference to me? If it is, I'm sorry I swear I will get back on it. I just need some free/alone time.

Back on topic, some formulas for special relativity in terms of time... Nothing major. But for fun, I'm reading the Lord Of The Rings series again. Probably go through the Forgotten Realms books I have, again.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Is Forgotten Realms the books with Drizzt?

Afterlife of the party

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorTagger First ClassVeteran

PSN ID: jobe_tr Steam ID: jobe_tr
    If you haven't read it, you need to read the novel for I Am Legend. The movie was good, but didn't stay true to the story almost at all. Totally different story. Plus the book actually explains much more about the outbreak, and even explains the story's title.
    It's pronounced: johb
    Find me elsewhere: Reddit - j0be | PSN - jobe_tr | T - @jobe_tr | Facebook

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    j0be, awesome ending. Have to by a whole book to read 50 pages though. Another good one in the genre is The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.
    Currently listening/reading From Eternity to Here: The Quest for the Ultimate Theory of Time by Sean Carroll. The arrow of time. Not saying I follow it but I am paying attention. Any one care to explain entropy?
    Teether
    Does rocking the Claw Machine a worthy apocalyptic talent?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    I may be full of myself but is this a reference to me? If it is, I'm sorry I swear I will get back on it. I just need some free/alone time.
    Not at all. I was refering to stories like World War Z, The Zombies of Lake Woebegotten, and Morning Star Strain. I think those are names. I made the mistake of reading J.L. Bourne first and now nothing is good enough. I'll get back to them eventually.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast