Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

What are you reading?

Kind of like the what are you listening to thread, but about books!
    I don't know about you but I'm always looking for new book suggestions so....

What are you reading? Are you enjoying it? Should we read it too?

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I'm usually reading two books at once - one fiction one nonfiction.

So currently I'm reading Under the Dome by Stephen King and Surpassing the Love of Men by Lillian Faderman.

Under the Dome is really interesting so far. I love the ideas that King comes up with. Stephen King used to be a really guilty pleasure read of mine but I'm over my fake haughtiness of reading. He's gross and crass but really a great horror writer.

Surpassing the Love of Men is a book about the history of the romantic friendship between women... It's really fascinating.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    At the moment the only books I'm actively reading (aside from a few unfinished zombie novels) is the Sookie Stackhouse series. I read all the books and just waiting on the new one to show up in May.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiehead View Post
    (aside from a few unfinished zombie novels)
    I may be full of myself but is this a reference to me? If it is, I'm sorry I swear I will get back on it. I just need some free/alone time.

Back on topic, some formulas for special relativity in terms of time... Nothing major. But for fun, I'm reading the Lord Of The Rings series again. Probably go through the Forgotten Realms books I have, again.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    I may be full of myself but is this a reference to me? If it is, I'm sorry I swear I will get back on it. I just need some free/alone time.
    Not at all. I was refering to stories like World War Z, The Zombies of Lake Woebegotten, and Morning Star Strain. I think those are names. I made the mistake of reading J.L. Bourne first and now nothing is good enough. I'll get back to them eventually.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Rereading the Elric series

"Hoarder"

Status
    Not at all. I was refering to stories like World War Z, The Zombies of Lake Woebegotten, and Morning Star Strain. I think those are names. I made the mistake of reading J.L. Bourne first and now nothing is good enough. I'll get back to them eventually.
    Very true..after J L Bourne it is very hard to find anything as good.
    I tend to go with audiobooks..the Day to Day series is awesome.have you heard any good ones?
    Last edited by cycogod; Mar 26th, 2011 at 10:07 PM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki EditorTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Creem Filling Steam ID: Creem_Filling
    A friend loaned me Day by Day. And Bourne's facebook page actually lead me to We're Alive. The book was brilliant and I'm eternally grateful for being lead here.

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: bloodredkennedy PSN ID: bloodredkennedy
    I am currently reading John Greens the Fault in Our Stars, as well as Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughter house five. Now I have read slaughter house five before a few times and I strongly recommend it if you haven't yet read it. As for the fault in our stars I've only read a few chapters thus far. But what I have read I like it. I would also recommend the author John Green I love all of his books; Looking for Alaska, an Abundance of Katherine, and Paper Towns.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bradwnel View Post
    I am currently reading John Greens the Fault in Our Stars, as well as Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughter house five. Now I have read slaughter house five before a few times and I strongly recommend it if you haven't yet read it. As for the fault in our stars I've only read a few chapters thus far. But what I have read I like it. I would also recommend the author John Green I love all of his books; Looking for Alaska, an Abundance of Katherine, and Paper Towns.
    I've got a copy of Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska sittin on the shelf waiting for me to finish everything else on my current 'To Read' list.

Welcome, by the way! Be sure to drop in the Introduce Yourself thread and say hi!
    joint-point-counter-joint

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast