User Tag List

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Beta reading a friends zombie novel entitled "Outbreak". Lovin' it so far.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Steam ID: JusticePain
    I am reading World War ZGREAT BOOK!!!!!!

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    So, I finally picked up my Kindle (couldn't resist a good price when I saw it) and downloaded some books. I'm currently reading the Imperial perspective on the Revolutionary War. A lot more interesting than the average school book on the War for Independence. It's called "Those Damn Rebels: The American Revolution As Seen Through British Eyes".
    Last edited by Hellbringer; Sep 12th, 2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: forgot something...
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by j0be View Post
    If you haven't read it, you need to read the novel for I Am Legend. The movie was good, but didn't stay true to the story almost at all. Totally different story. Plus the book actually explains much more about the outbreak, and even explains the story's title.
    Without a doubt one of the best horror novels of all time, and much better than any of the three movies. I picked up the book years ago because I read an interview with George Romero that I Am Legend was the book that inspired him to make Night of the Living Dead. I recently read House of Suns by Alastair Reynolds, which, like all of his books, was amazing if you like hard scifi. Reading the first book in the Samuil Petrovitch series right now and I am liking it so far.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    i am reading "Kill Bin Laden". it is written by a delta force commando about the battle in the tora bora mountain range and the initial hunt for bin laden back in 2001-2002. i love reading modern military memiors. my two others are "Roughneck 91" which is about a green beret team which was one of the first teams into Iraq, written by the GB team sergeant, and the other is "House to House" written by an infantry fire team leader during the battle of fallujah. interestingly enough, the battle of fallujah is now used as a textbook for urban terrain combat operations. if you enjoy autobiographical works, or fast paced military writing, or both then you should check out any or all of these three books. favorite so far: "Roughneck 91"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Edenebook/dp/B...8524986&sr=1-1

Eden by Tony Monchinski.

Post zombie outbreak
    Hero is infected right away
    Did the zombies get in or were they let in?
    Can our hero find out before he turns? (slower turn here, hours not seconds)

Independent author ala Bourne. So, if typos piss you off, do not go there. If you can let them pass or won't even notice it take a look. Amazon has a look inside to taste writers style.

In full disclosure, he is a Facebook friend (I have ~70) of mine
    epic, i've been plugging that for a while. despite the typos, i love that book. i don't know why but i had a really hard time putting it down.

"Lurker"

Status
    Star Wars: Darth Bane Trilogy. Simply the greatest Star Wars Novel series out there.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Money View Post
    Star Wars: Darth Bane Trilogy. Simply the greatest Star Wars Novel series out there.
    if you like your scifi with a military flare, check out the orphan series by robert beutner. it is hands down the greatest military scifi series ever penned: believable, fast paced, hard action, awesome. and if you like hard science in your fiction, check out the looking glass series by john ringo. man teamed up with a physicist to make sure his stuff was squared away, epic. the first in the series is into the looking glass, lots of hard science, really good aliens, really good military action, simply awesome. vorpal blade took the sci more into fi and was awesome in it's own right, but for different reasons.
    Last edited by reaper239; Oct 5th, 2011 at 06:28 AM.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    I'm in the midst of reading the "pendergast" books by preston&child...basically a series of books with the central character being special agent Pendergast of the FBI. The books are of a crime fiction nature, with a paranormal theme that typically gets flipped in some way...its a good series, after reading enough of them they get a bit predictable....but the character development is enough to keep me coming back...seven down...three more to go..

"Gatherer"

Status
    I just started on a new one called "The Vision of Claim" talking about the Israeli "occupation" of their land. I love a book that a group of pissed off Muslims wrote

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast