User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Lurker"

Status

Zombie Icon

I'm pretty sure that if a zombie outbreak happened Robby would be pretty happy it's not Z's all the time. Just like i'm sure our cast is.

Presidential Feline

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger10000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurTagger First Class
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ObamaCat PSN ID: ObamaCat Steam ID: ObamaCat
    Quote Originally Posted by justwork View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if a zombie outbreak happened Robby would be pretty happy it's not Z's all the time. Just like i'm sure our cast is.
    Well said sir.

"Builder"

Status
    It's good to post both good and bad reviews so Kudos to Kc for posting that.

I have no Idea what Leviathan is for the podcast/website, but My mythology class in highschool understanding says it has absolutely nothing to do with any zombie anything. Where as WA "We're Alive" has at least some linear correlation to anything related to zombies.

I also totally agree that if it was constantly zombie stuff all the time I would get bored with it as well. I like that we are able to get into the characters and I also agree that WA does seem to be moving pretty quick so It's great to have some slow down and take in some info episodes.
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant: if I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven Such is the rule of honor.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I tried to get into Leviathan a while ago. Got only a few chapters in and then stopped after I hit one where there was just 30+ minutes of one guy talking. Occassionally another actor asked a question but it was just that one guy giving an entire backstory in single breath. Snoozeville. I started to tune out after 15 minutes then I suddenly realized is he still talking? *delete*
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    The Last Place You Want to be During a Zombie Outbreak
    Quote Originally Posted by MrScott101 View Post
    It's good to post both good and bad reviews so Kudos to Kc for posting that.

I have no Idea what Leviathan is for the podcast/website, but My mythology class in highschool understanding says it has absolutely nothing to do with any zombie anything. Where as WA "We're Alive" has at least some linear correlation to anything related to zombies.

I also totally agree that if it was constantly zombie stuff all the time I would get bored with it as well. I like that we are able to get into the characters and I also agree that WA does seem to be moving pretty quick so It's great to have some slow down and take in some info episodes.

I'm only up to chapter 7 of Leviathan (and i'm enjoying very much) but I'm sure Leviathan refers to a bibilical creature of the sea. Closest thing i can correlate that to is in that Alantis Disney movie where they fight the undersea creature. I'm just very certain that Leviathan Chronicles twists the concept to the point to where its unrecognizable from the original source.

Other than that, I always think of We're Alive as a Survival story foremost but its not indistinguishable from Zombies either as the Walking Dead taught me. I see it more as a human story set to the backdrop of a 28 days later film (I'm thinking the them! should be just called infected's) as The Walking Dead sets out to do in comic and tv show form. Coming from that perspective, I really enjoy the downtime where characters interact as it makes me care for them and feel for their safety rather than hearing a whole lot of gunshots, zombies grunting, and yelling for 20 minutes at a time. Don't get me wrong, I love the battles but I appreciate if there is a build up to them first as to fully appreciate it.

Oh and about Levithan chronicles, I feel it can be action packed and I like how you can hear at least the main character thoughts (I wish We're alive would allow for the audience to hear the character thoughts sometimes) but i feel the narration from a nonparticipant narrator takes away from the audiodrama. I would love it if Leviathan chronicles took a more We're Alive approach and if We're Alive allowed the Auidence get into the character heads sometimes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12