User Tag List

Thread: Zombie TV

"Lurker"

Status

Zombie TV

Alright, I'm back and subscribed to the new forum. I've been a bit delayed on my recap and commentary articles due to my job taking up all of my energy lately, but new content will be coming soon!

With that said, I've always loved Zombie stories and was instantly hooked on this show from the start. As with a whole mess of other fans, we've always wondered how it would be if it was transferred to TV. My hopes were given a boost with AMC's hit show The Walking Dead. I've read the books and were hooked and even though they didn't follow the story from the book, the characters and plot was good. Surely this would give a chance down the road for a We're Alive TV Show, am I right? Well here comes CW and NBC...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=29214

This is one of many articles out there about CW's and NBC's signing of new Prime Time zombie shows set for next year(or it may be fall, who knows) For those of you who don't want to do too much searching or any more reading than this long-ass article(sorry), CW has signed on for a show called "Awakening" and the only premise given so far is the plot is based on two sisters and their journeys during the zombie apocalypse. NBC has signed on another show called "Zombies vs. Vampires." I haven't yet found an official premise for this one, but I'm sure it won't be that hard to discern. These two stations, riding on the coat-tails of The Walking Dead's success, will do nothing but hurt the zombie genre to TV. Granted, I haven't heard a full premise and there's still time for them to change the plot and come out with a captivating trailer, but everything about this just screams horror. And I'm not talking about horror in the sense of normal zombie movies, slashers, ghost stories or anything like that, but rather the horror that comes about for something so terrible that you can't wrap your mind around it. Hopefully their actions will not deter any future zombie shows coming to the small screen in the future, but I'm not holding my breath...

What does everybody else think?
    Last edited by Kc; Feb 3rd, 2011 at 11:44 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Awful. Good media forms of Zombies helps move the sub-genre forward, while crappy forms of media move it backwards.