User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    The issue with something like say... a bleach bomb, yes it would probably overwhelm the senses of the zombies but you'd also be tearing up the lungs of the person using it. I know that I personally can not inhale bleach fumes without them messing with my ability to breathe for hours after the fact.
    Only if you delivered it up close. Wouldn't lobbing one from a distance eliminate that problem?
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Nice idea. Quart of bleach in a glass jar, toss it like a grenade.

Still, usefulness would be limited to indoors as the vapor would disperse pretty quickly outside.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    I know that I personally can not inhale bleach fumes without them messing with my ability to breathe for hours after the fact.
    Good point! I once got a bit of a chemical burn in my eyes from tie dying some black tee shirts with bleach.

I guess they'd need gas masks or some such. I know that with mace, or pepper spray, if the wind is blowing towards you as you spray, you can end up dosing yourself. That would be. very. bad.

Anything that affects them will probably affect humans. So, what ever gets done, the humans have to do it safely. Makes me wonder with all the mutation going on, why none of them is getting cancer.

I say experimentation is in order. How could you experiment with the least amount of risk?

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Bleach is going to be a bit of a commodity. Don't waste it or you'll be boiling everything. May anyway. Bleach evaporates so don't use it in HOT water, I think that may be part of your problem Mascaria, but I hear stories like swimmers' lung from breathing in chlorine at the pool.
    I am a Water superintendent for the town I work for, so I know a bit about chlorine, not necessarily how to make it but use, dangers and applications.

I like the though of experimenting on them. Even something simple like a sweat bottle sprayer that squirts a passing zombie. Will he/she eat itself, or would others attack it?
    Something to sink your Teeth into
    Does rocking the Claw Machine a worthy apocalyptic talent?

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teethingbiscuit View Post
    I like the thought of experimenting on them. Even something simple like a sweat bottle sprayer that squirts a passing zombie. Will he/she eat itself, or would others attack it?
    Something to sink your Teeth into
    That's a really good idea! You could concentrate the spray. They can eat each other we've learned.

That's true about bleach. How long before bleach goes bad?

*I just realized the zombies must already be able to differentiate their smell from humans because they can pick them out even over their own smell. So, it might not work unless you really saturated them.

I was thinking about this. Ideally, you'd want to set it up remotely and use a video camera or maybe a really good rifle scope.
    Last edited by Eviebae; Mar 20th, 2011 at 10:20 AM.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Nikvoodoo just gave me an idea! What if you use smoke, its strong and it could easily overpower their senses, low visibility, fills noses with the smell, and where theres smoke theres fire, it could be used as offensive and defensive.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    Nikvoodoo just gave me an idea! What if you use smoke, its strong and it could easily overpower their senses, low visibility, fills noses with the smell, and where theres smoke theres fire, it could be used as offensive and defensive.
    So you just transport smoke, ergo fire, everywhere? You're not always going to have time to light something on fire.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Sid View Post
    So you just transport smoke, ergo fire, everywhere? You're not always going to have time to light something on fire.
    You're right... although, it could work if you were holding out somewhere say a convenience store with roof access.
    Guess its not so much offensive as I thought...

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Your best bet to make smoke work to your advantage would be to fabricate a smoke bomb of some kind. But unless you know what you're doing, it's going to take a very long time to figure out a recipe that works. And it might cost you a couple fingers while you're trying.

Not to mention smoke bombs in general are used as a visual barrier and cause confusion. In order to shield your smell, you'd probably have to combine it with tear gas or something similar to attack the zombies olfactory system.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    But unless you know what you're doing, it's going to take a very long time to figure out a recipe that works. And it might cost you a couple fingers while you're trying.
    Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't gotten any books together, or magazines. I mean, somebody in those apartments have to have a subscription to Martha Stewart's Living, right? Anywho, I didn't think of sulphur, That's what makes stink bombs smell so bad. I think it burns opaque. Heck, incense.

It's the defense vs: offense conundrum. I wish they'd explore this idea. If they got hold of a tear gas canister gun. If they just rigged something to go off while the zombies were attracted to an area far away. Would it make them seem less like heroes to have them go after the zombies in a big bad way?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast