User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Immunity?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyGlenn View Post
    Very interesting point! Unless the zombie juice was very diluted.
    Zombie juice? I just threw up in my mouth. Thanks!

(Kidding, of course.)

I also agree with some sort of immunity. Ties in with other theories rather well.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by VeritableHero View Post
    I also agree with some sort of immunity. Ties in with other theories rather well.
    If not immunity, there should be misfires. Any example of a biological system seems to have varying numbers of misfires--like seeds that don't germinate, or do, but fail to thrive--what in my yard we call gardening.

I dunno, I just tend to want stories/ideas to be way more complex than they usually turn out to be--or than anyone else wants them to be if the reviews on IMDB are any measure. If this goes on for 4 years, it seems like they might have time to play with some interesting ideas.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I think you just have to be really good at compartmentalizing and the first instinct is your own self preservation. If there is a cure found later I think the biggest problem most people would have is if they were forced to kill a loved one.

"Smart One"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VeritableHero View Post
    Zombie juice? I just threw up in my mouth. Thanks!
    Did I mention it was congealed?
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyGlenn View Post
    Did I mention it was congealed?
    GGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! Thank you for that as I drift off to sleep with visions of congealed zombie juice dancing in my head...

"Gatherer"

Status
    Okay, do I think there is a possibility of Immunity? Yes to a certain degree. There is always that possibility when it come to diseases. Not all humans have the same immunity to the same virus, so have a stronger immune system and others have weak. Even if there is an immunity if you're bit there is always the chance of infection to get you. The virus may not get you, but the infections like gan-green and other bacterial types may get you. That and you have to deal with the fact you may have broken bones, loss of limbs and the like.

Do I think I would use a cure on the zombies that are already infected. I don't think so if they are to far gone. What about the ones in a high rate of decomposition, if you give the cure to them and they die as they are reverting back to a "normal" human that would be a waste of the cure. If you have a limited supply you would need to pick and choose which ones got it. And would you want to deal with the fact that you went around eating other people as a creature of some sort? What would be the psychological factors in all that? Image waking up after a long sleep and realizing you are missing a limb from your zombie attack or having one of your appendages missing. Me personally would freak out if I looked down and found my penis missing.

As for the question of feeling sorry for re-killing a zombie. Honestly I would maybe feel bad at the beginning but as you can see my line of thinking above, I don't think I would have a problem after maybe a couple days of doing it. Every creature for themselves in my thoughts. Eat or be eaten. Kill or be killed.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    I think we can give up on the idea of a cure. Someone having immunity is probable but highly unlikely.. This damn thing acts like a really really quick retrovirus. Our DNA is rewritten.. actually, flip my opening line. I'm thinking like HIV, you can probably be cured in theory, but no one is Immune to it. Same as a Biological or Nerve agent, once you get hit, you have to get help ASAP or you're done!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123