User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    "Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by VeritableHero View Post
    Yes, of course they have a heat signature because they are infected (not walking dead).
    Excellent point!

In the "Puppet Masters" movie, where humans are being taken over by alien invaders, we discover that the controlled humans are "being run hot", at higher metabolic rates than non-controlled humans. There's a great scene after that where you see a thermal image of a group of controlled humans surround one who isn't, their images being bright red, hers being a cooler red in the core, lighter colors toward the extremities. They grab her, an alien takes control, then suddenly her heat image intensifies to match the others.
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; Jun 19th, 2011 at 08:58 AM.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Yea, we have two multiple types of "night Vision."

The nightscope that amplifies ambient light. Starlight, moonlight, etc.

Infrared. This older tech the observrer had a headlamp and special goggles. The head lamp sends out infrared light and "lights" up thing like a regualr light. But, it is "too red" to be scene by the naked eye. But, have the goggles and see just fine. The biggest disadvantage of this tech is with some scouting the opfor may know you are using active infrared. They do not turn their headlamp on, but by wearing the goggles they can see the other dudes IR lamp. OOPs. Just like turning on a spot light saying come and get me.

FLIR Forward Looing Infra Red. Basically "thermorgraphic" vision. It reads heat signitures. Think Predator. or those part time plumbers part time ghost hunters on scifi. I see them often use FLIR.

The flare is going to bugger any of these. It would be like popping smoke before exchanging cover.

There some really neat stuff being done with Quantum Dots, but that is all I can say.

even a road will have a "heat signiture" the question is it above or below ambient.

I suspect WA zombies are warm blooded. But, it is at best conjecture

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345