"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I may be in the minority, but it wouldn't bother me if Marcus was dead. Yes, he was the big shot when we got to the Colony but by Marcus trying to make Michael his number 2, Marcus set in motion the chain of events that caused his own downfall. Maybe I'm just used to things like this happening in tv and movies that I've seen where people die off screen and it never gets shown (see MASH).

Seeing Marcus die isn't the important point of the Catalyst chapter. The important part (if you take this all on face value) is that the Colony's command structure is now different and is being run by Gatekeeper. We don't necessarily need to see the change over happen. I agree it leaves the question open ended, which provides the speculation we're indulging in right now, but I don't feel like seeing him die is a priority.

Michael hitting Bixby in the face wasn't a leadership thing. It was protecting his girlfriend who just got zapped with a tazer. Michel back talking isn't anything new. He did that to Burt in the Tower just before he left on the Colony mission. I will grant that he might have realized the differences between the Tower and the Colony, but I feel like having another leader (albeit a poor one) remind him that people die and it happens was more key than the rest of it in my mind. Everything else Michael did inside the Colony was pretty much within his character.
    I'm probably wrong, but I'd need to re-listen to hear a bit more of Michael. Ever since his arm got messed up, he wasn't the same.

Again, I 110% see exactly your point. I'm trying to fish for a few reasons to stand on my own just because an off-screen (well... not sure what'd you call it) death doesn't seem very We're Alive. Have we had a character of some importance die in the background yet? Scratch got a death moment, compared to Latch and Durai, he wasn't too big. I'm a Lostie, so it might just be my nature to second-guess any death that's not in your face.

Marcus gone or not is still going to result in Gatekeeper having his rule. The Colony did, inevitably, result in Michael's newfound confidence. We can both agree to that. As brought up in We're Not Dead, what particular motives would Gatekeeper have to pursue the Tower? Marcus would be the only one who could fuel a charge, in my eyes (ears?). After his monologue in part 2, I thought he'd have some more importance in an eventually confrontation.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianHD View Post
    As brought up in We're Not Dead, what particular motives would Gatekeeper have to pursue the Tower? Marcus would be the only one who could fuel a charge, in my eyes (ears?).
    They took all their ammo. That's pretty fucked up.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    Snap. Okay, yeah, totally forgot about that. Is it feasible enough to say, "we gotta leave, without much ammo, and look for this group somewhere in L.A. in the middle of the zombie outbreak" though? I still give you that point though .__.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianHD View Post
    I'm probably wrong, but I'd need to re-listen to hear a bit more of Michael. Ever since his arm got messed up, he wasn't the same.

Again, I 110% see exactly your point. I'm trying to fish for a few reasons to stand on my own just because an off-screen (well... not sure what'd you call it) death doesn't seem very We're Alive. Have we had a character of some importance die in the background yet? Scratch got a death moment, compared to Latch and Durai, he wasn't too big. I'm a Lostie, so it might just be my nature to second-guess any death that's not in your face.

Marcus gone or not is still going to result in Gatekeeper having his rule. The Colony did, inevitably, result in Michael's newfound confidence. We can both agree to that. As brought up in We're Not Dead, what particular motives would Gatekeeper have to pursue the Tower? Marcus would be the only one who could fuel a charge, in my eyes (ears?). After his monologue in part 2, I thought he'd have some more importance in an eventually confrontation.
    There really haven't been all that many deaths in the series (unless you include the slew of Mallers who got straight jacked up in the War). There's been Todd (Lizzy's first boyfriend), Samantha, Paul, Tommy, Bill, That Tower Guard who tried to run for it, Fernando, and Marcus. That's really it. And unless I've forgotten anyone, that's not a whole lot of people. And if you believe the Marcus is dead theory 3/8ths of the people we've seen die in the series happened "off screen" (yeah...it's kinda hard to figure out what to call it): Marcus, That Tower Guard, and Paul. Yes, Marcus is the most important of all these people thus far, but it's not unprecedented to have a character killed off screen, but the other times we've ended up seeing the body so we know they are dead. That's what makes Marcus different, we never confirmed he was dead.

The motivation for Gatekeeper to pursue the Tower is pretty simple. He pins the death of Marcus on the Tower people, Marcus' supporters cry out for revenge, Gatekeeper has the people distracted from the real villain, and gives the populace something to rally around. They would want Gatekeeper to do something about it. And in order to stay in power and show he's the leader they want and he'll gain some supporters.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    The motivation for Gatekeeper to pursue the Tower is pretty simple. He pins the death of Marcus on the Tower people, Marcus' supporters cry out for revenge, Gatekeeper has the people distracted from the real villain, and gives the populace something to rally around. They would want Gatekeeper to do something about it. And in order to stay in power and show he's the leader they want and he'll gain some supporters.
    Seeing as how word travels fast through the Colony, I'm sure everyone already knows Gatekeeper doesn't like Marcus. GK already said it himself that "they'll finally understand what I've been saying all along." It's common knowledge. So it's pointless to place blame for his death on them, especially when so many didn't like him anyway. Mascaria brought up a good point that the Tower folks stole all their ammo which is more than enough motivation to seek them out. WND suggested the idea of their being a tracking device on the hummer. It's a reasonable guess. There's also the chance another Outpost spotted the direction they were heading.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Lurker"

Status
    My thought about gatekeeper is that he's like skittles with a hidden agenda.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123