User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think you're right. Marcus wasn't totally a bad guy, but he wasn't totally good either. I'm not sure that he would have taken leadership out of the kindness of his heart, he seemed pretty power hungry even at the end. I think he valued power above everything else. However, what he DID with that power wasn't all bad, like you said. I agree with you, he had the good sense to promote Sean, and keep the sadistic Gatekeeper at bay.
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Everyone can make enemies, I'm sure he just made one too many..
    I had a unique idea of who Marcus was at first, but the scariest thing about Marcus is that he never really did anything horrible to anyone that I could tell.

FACTS!
    He let MPK in.
    He healed MP.
    He offered Mikey a job, I would say first day but he was passed out after day 1 til day like day 5.
    So first chance, he gets a real soldier into line for 2nd in command over the sadistic mofo the gatekeeper. (Wither or not he knew Gatekeeper was after him is irrelevant at this point, Shawn was killed and Marcus immediately found someone better from the same area and also from the military to replace The Gatekeeper in line. This would be a good leadership sign right here.)
    While whipping and hanging one of the hundreds that he may have lead would be horrid, during a time when I believe human life would be the most valuable resource around, yet it could be excused overlooked and forgotten given the crime.
    He upon returning to his office/home he finds that his new recruit is KNOCKING OUT BIXBY, SLAMMING DRINKS, and MAKING CALLS YO!
    He had concrete evidence of the call.
    Gatekeeper wouldn't have let him sit down at the table before a shot would ring out.

He acted appropriately in my opinion, he allowed him to live and sit it out for the time being in the slammer, this would be basically my first choice of action if I had a cell available to house him in.
    As for the murder of the family at the gatehouse, what is Marcus to do other than hang Bixby?
    He could be excused for his actions to an extent, but when the whole recon team took a bullet that was a tad much.
    Maybe the leader of the group, maybe the one who pushed them back to the colony.
    But not every last man.

**** the Gate Keeper!

I think I should create a group...
    Last edited by Funny Muffins; Mar 9th, 2011 at 06:37 PM.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Funny Muffins View Post
    Everyone can make enemies, I'm sure he just made one too many..
    I had a unique idea of who Marcus was at first, but the scariest thing about Marcus is that he never really did anything horrible to anyone that I could tell.

FACTS!
    He let MPK in.
    He healed MP.
    He offered Mikey a job, I would say first day but he was passed out after day 1 til day like day 5.
    So first chance he gets a real soldier into 2nd in command over the sadistic mofo the gatekeeper. (Wither or not he know Gatekeeper was after him is irrelevant at this point, Shawn was killed and Marcus immedietly found someone better from the same area and also from the military to replace him. This would be a good leadership sign right here.)
    While whipping and hanging one of the hundreds that he may have lead would be horrid, during a time when I believe human life would be the most valuable resource around, yet it could be excused overlooked and forgotten given the crime.
    He upon returning to his office/home he finds that his new recruit is KNOCKING OUT BIXBY, SLAMMING BEERS, and MAKING CALLS YO!
    He had concrete evidence of the call.
    Gatekeeper wouldn't have let him sit down at the table before a shot would ring out.

He acted appropriately in my opinion, he allowed him to live and sit it out for the time being in the slammer, this would be basically my first choice of action if I had a cell available to house him in.
    As for the murder of the family at the gatehouse, what is Marcus to do other than hang Bixby?
    He could be excused for his actions to an extent, but when the whole recon team took a bullet that was a tad much.
    Maybe the leader of the group, maybe the one who pushed them back to the colony.
    But not every last man.

**** the Gate Keeper!

I think I should create a group...
    Here's the reason Marcus is responsible for what happened to the family at the gate/recon team that was killed: He allowed Gatekeeper to have that authority, knowing that he was unhinged. That's what makes him not exactly a nice person. He allowed someone else to do the dirty work and he just laid back allowing it to happen. Knowing some atrocity is occurring and not taking action when you have the power to stop it is nearly as bad pulling the trigger/ordering the execution yourself. That's the only thing I can see that makes Marcus a bad person. It might have even been Gatekeeper's idea for that kind of control. Like he and Marcus were brainstorming one day and they set forth the rules, and when it came time to figure out punishments Gatekeeper came up with this idea, and Marcus said sure why not not realizing how far Gatekeeper would actually take it. Then suddenly he has to live with that decision and can't go back on it or be viewed as soft and therefore: vulnerable......then suddenly with Michael he looked soft and vulnerable.....6 hours later, there's a coup and he's (presumed) dead.

However, I do totally agree with you that he acted correctly in response to Michael's actions and he seemingly even lessened the punishment. He's killed people for saying less if you take him at his word. I feel very sorry for anyone left over in the Colony right now with Gatekeeper....er....Supreme Leader in charge. They are in for one hell of a rough ride. And of course the best part for Supreme Leader? He can easily blame it on M/P/K and say they kidnapped V/T/H. Nothing like a common enemy to rally around to distract the huddled masses from the true villain.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    He talks big, he lied of his service.
    "I've have men killed for worse!!"
    more like
    "IF I HAD GUTS I WOULD BE A OUT WITH THE GUARDIANS INSTEAD OF PLAYING Puppy Puppy Pooch Pooch!!"

He might be in charge, but he isn't in charge if you feel me, he might have given Gatekeeper his position because he was the crazy mofo that told everyone to STFU and follow orders from Marcus! I can see GK being the muscle or head of the muscle of the colony and that he has been playing Marcus from day 1!
    He might not really KNOW anything other than how to be a dick to blind girls and nurses!
    Victor even said he was against Marcus in 19-3 could he have been part of the GK-Krew? I would hope not, he seems like a loner mostly that just stayed by his buddy who Mikey shot IN-DA-FACE!!!
    Ha!

Did you hear that music in 19-2?!
    It was sad!
    Like WTF?!
    Will he be back?
    Was he just doing his best Angel impression with the whole leader deal?!

Will he be forever remember as PUPPY BOY?!

Tune in next time...

:P

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

During the We're Not Dead podcast this week, Brit, Greg and Beez discussed whether or not they thought Marcus actually died in the attack Gatekeeper lead against him. They concluded that Marcus isn't dead because why would you kill off such an important character off screen. Here's how I think we'll know for certain Marcus is dead.

If Michael regains control of the Tower: Marcus is dead. Michael hasn't had confidence in his leadership since the War. But the conversation in the hospital with Marcus might have uncovered something in Michael. He might have regained his confidence to lead again. And if Michael usurps Burt for control of the Tower, Marcus has served his purpose and can therefore be written off.

Is this necessarily the case? No. But I think the only other way that Marcus can be alive is if Gatekeepers Assassination attempt was a ruse, and Marcus/Gatekeeper planned to let MPK escape, though how they'd figure VTH would fit into that equation is unknown.
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post

If Michael regains control of the Tower: Marcus is dead. Michael hasn't had confidence in his leadership since the War. But the conversation in the hospital with Marcus might have uncovered something in Michael. He might have regained his confidence to lead again. And if Michael usurps Burt for control of the Tower, Marcus has served his purpose and can therefore be written off.

Is this necessarily the case? No. But I think the only other way that Marcus can be alive is if Gatekeepers Assassination attempt was a ruse, and Marcus/Gatekeeper planned to let MPK escape, though how they'd figure VTH would fit into that equation is unknown.
    I agree with the first part. Michael was came out of his conversation with Marcus swinging. It was like Michael in the beginning. He was hardcore and fierce. I must say that were this to occur its a beautifully written part. Balanced character interaction and flawless execution of the advancement of a main characters growth.

The second part scares the crap out of me.. its evil EVIL and so twisted.. LOL
    Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle: Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind... ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
    "Burn it to the ground. My only regret would be not being able to burn it a second time." Osiris, on how the world should burn.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger1000 Experience PointsWiki Amateur
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: NationalProphet Steam ID: xHDShadowx Raptr ID: HDShadow
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    During the We're Not Dead podcast this week, Brit, Greg and Beez discussed whether or not they thought Marcus actually died in the attack Gatekeeper lead against him. They concluded that Marcus isn't dead because why would you kill off such an important character off screen. Here's how I think we'll know for certain Marcus is dead.

The only thing the bugs me about this is Marcus was the big-shot when we got in Chapter 19. He was the one we were waiting to see what would happen with. He came along, got some words in, locked Michael up, gone. If there had been even two more lines with Marcus, I'd be on Team Dead instead. Especially after the small scene with Marcus getting pissed at Hope (pun not intended) gave me an idea of Marcus rivaling Durai. You know, someone we heard of really little, but never heard from again because we're not sure what happened. Everyone who has a few lines is given a death scene. Marcus being the boss battle of the Catalyst would be a huge exception.

I'm not totally opposed to your theory of the Gatekeeper rolling in as the powerhouse. I can see it perfectly. It would just feel extremely off to me.

In terms of if he played his part out. I feel like the Colony gave Michael confidence rather than Marcus. Michael hit shovel dude on his own accord. Michael back-talked Gatekeeper on his own. I think after seeing how miserable the Colony was in comparison to the Tower, Michael thought he did a good job keeping everyone alive. Marcus did contribute to this though, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure if that was his only purpose.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianHD View Post
    The only thing the bugs me about this is Marcus was the big-shot when we got in Chapter 19. He was the one we were waiting to see what would happen with. He came along, got some words in, locked Michael up, gone. If there had been even two more lines with Marcus, I'd be on Team Dead instead. Especially after the small scene with Marcus getting pissed at Hope (pun not intended) gave me an idea of Marcus rivaling Durai. You know, someone we heard of really little, but never heard from again because we're not sure what happened. Everyone who has a few lines is given a death scene. Marcus being the boss battle of the Catalyst would be a huge exception.

I'm not totally opposed to your theory of the Gatekeeper rolling in as the powerhouse. I can see it perfectly. It would just feel extremely off to me.

In terms of if he played his part out. I feel like the Colony gave Michael confidence rather than Marcus. Michael hit shovel dude on his own accord. Michael back-talked Gatekeeper on his own. I think after seeing how miserable the Colony was in comparison to the Tower, Michael thought he did a good job keeping everyone alive. Marcus did contribute to this though, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure if that was his only purpose.
    I may be in the minority, but it wouldn't bother me if Marcus was dead. Yes, he was the big shot when we got to the Colony but by Marcus trying to make Michael his number 2, Marcus set in motion the chain of events that caused his own downfall. Maybe I'm just used to things like this happening in tv and movies that I've seen where people die off screen and it never gets shown (see MASH).

Seeing Marcus die isn't the important point of the Catalyst chapter. The important part (if you take this all on face value) is that the Colony's command structure is now different and is being run by Gatekeeper. We don't necessarily need to see the change over happen. I agree it leaves the question open ended, which provides the speculation we're indulging in right now, but I don't feel like seeing him die is a priority.

Michael hitting Bixby in the face wasn't a leadership thing. It was protecting his girlfriend who just got zapped with a tazer. Michel back talking isn't anything new. He did that to Burt in the Tower just before he left on the Colony mission. I will grant that he might have realized the differences between the Tower and the Colony, but I feel like having another leader (albeit a poor one) remind him that people die and it happens was more key than the rest of it in my mind. Everything else Michael did inside the Colony was pretty much within his character.

"Scavenger"

Status
    In almost every LOST episode if they "killed" a character off screen they survived....for a little.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    LOST was an anomaly though.

I think Marcus is dead. Simply put I don't imagine that Gatekeeper would have left the job undone. He had a mission and that mission was to get rid of Marcus. Gatekeeper doesn't seem the type to assume that something's done without making sure it has been.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast