User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    freeze dried zombies! I've seen a number of carcasses and neither heat or cold are good to the dead... er, undead er living... er. I am going away now.
    Teeth

Zombie Researcher

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    You assume that the zombie would be cold-blooded, though. The zombie genotype varies - you might not necessarily be dealing with the undead. The zombies in We're Alive haven't been clearly established to be dead. If they're infected, you might see them displaying tolerance to temperature extremes - potentially even adaptations or mutations that could resist heat and cold. Not to mention that survivors could be severely hampered by a cold weather environment. If your safehouse is breached, fleeing out into -40 (C or F) could be just as likely as not to kill. And depending on the intelligence level of your zombie, they could track you through the snow.

Not to say that cold weather couldn't be an ally. But I think the chance for survival would be higher in a moderately warm environment, where survivors wouldn't need to spend the majority of their time trying to stay warm (or stocking fuel sources for the winter!).

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    That from one who knows how to bundle ehe, lectio?
    Obviously there are going to be better and worse places to try to survive. I think your reason for a warm weather survival would be cause of my reason to stay north. Less survivors means less competition for foraging. There are ways to stay warm if the zacks are not knocking on the bunker door in the freeze. Mutated cold weather zacks seems too much like cheating.
    Smart cold one says "roar..." Interpretation, "send in the ice wolves!... if we didn't eat them."
    Teeth(chattering)

Zombie Researcher

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teethingbiscuit View Post
    Obviously there are going to be better and worse places to try to survive. I think your reason for a warm weather survival would be cause of my reason to stay north. Less survivors means less competition for foraging. There are ways to stay warm if the zacks are not knocking on the bunker door in the freeze. Mutated cold weather zacks seems too much like cheating.
    Smart cold one says "roar..." Interpretation, "send in the ice wolves!... if we didn't eat them."
    Teeth(chattering)
    Our apartment building was without heat in October for a few weeks while the boilers were being replaced. Even with temperatures above 0C, it was cold. Not right away, but after a few days, everything just felt...dank. The cold just wears you down - and we hadn't even made it to the truly cold weather. It regularly gets to -40C here in the winter (-40F), and I can't think of a worse climate for zombie survival. Even just getting water would be difficult. There'd be snow, yes, but you'd need something to melt it. Plus your calorie intake would need to be much, much higher just to keep pace with the cold. You'd run through food supplies quickly.
    Double tap.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Teeth(chattering)
    You'd need to eat more food and drink more water to deal with the cold so what ever abundance you'd have from the lack of survivor's you'd lose in how much more you need to survive.

Damn Hand Cannon

Status
    Achievements:
    Nah, not really. Really?
    I am not a nutritionist so I have no basis for an argument there.
    I will argue that if there is an abundance I will/would have an awful large freezer!
    Teeth

Zombie Researcher

Status
    Achievements:
    Nah, not really. Really?
    I am not a nutritionist so I have no basis for an argument there.
    I will argue that if there is an abundance I will/would have an awful large freezer!
    Teeth
    You run through way more calories trying to stay warm. But there is that - you'd have excellent food storage. Just park it outside!
    Double tap.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lectio View Post
    You run through way more calories trying to stay warm. But there is that - you'd have excellent food storage. Just park it outside!
    But We're Alive Zombie mythos shows our Zombies eat our food. If you leave it outside, all your food are belong to them.

Zombie Researcher

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    But We're Alive Zombie mythos shows our Zombies eat our food. If you leave it outside, all your food are belong to them.
    Hrm. If you leave it on a high rise balcony?
    Double tap.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lectio View Post
    Hrm. If you leave it on a high rise balcony?
    Hmm....this is good plan. Me likey way much.

You could also secure it in a metal box with a lock that's bolted to the ground too. They might have a harder time getting to it that way, and it will act like a fridge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast