User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    "Lurker"

Status
    Re: Falkland Islands.

good shout! unfortunately, I'd have no way of getting there, being in England.

"Lurker"

Status
    Surely, the best plan is to avoid the major military installations because the soldiers there would be the first to be deployed out to control/ save the population. Therefore, smaller reserve bases or military training areas would be best (as we've seen in WA). there are firearms available in the UK, you just have to find the right places, e.g. Cadet centres, police divisional HQs, Territorial army bases etc. Of these, you are most likely to get an unattended Cadet centre than anywhere else because very few people will think of them.

The downside of this could be that
    A) there are very limited stocks of ammunition or only blank training rounds available (which would necessitate some serious Macguyvering to make them more lethal).
    B) that the weapons would be in a poor state of upkeep and therefore be less reliable.

still worth a shot though

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VEE View Post
    Hmmm, thinking about it, the UK might very well be OK. We are quite a small island really and as long as the cause was imported from outside our boundaries we would have a good chance of stopping it. Police in airports do have access to guns I believe. We would have to mobilise and protect our borders from mainland Europe, France and Belgium mainly. The risk would come from those bitten as Zombies are unlikely to get on a boat, fly plane etc. so it would depend on how quickly people turned, if they were already in transit then they would most likely be arriving at a recognised airport/sea port and could be controlled there. We would have to permanently block the channel tunnel as well of course. The UK is quite capable of self sufficiency and does not need to import anything really, although we’d have to go without a lot of things it would sill be a decent existence I think.

If the outbreak originates here then we are more likely to be screwed though.
    We're alive Zombies swim pretty good, the Channel not that wide....

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Solanine View Post
    There must be smaller independent farms with a range of products though? I suppose this is the problem with western countries, we use technology as a chair or ladder to elevate us to greater and greater heights. When the ladder is kicked away we face a hard fall that we might not survive.
    Lots of them. I have one in my back yard, that feeds 40 families a year.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789