User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status

I would have to think that Fort Knox and Fort Benning, would be "safe" Fort Knox not only has the majority of the tanks not overseas, but it also has a massive "safe/vault" guarded by a mint police force, apaches, artillery, and over 30k soldiers. Oh and the doors are over 20+ inches thick. As for Benning, its a self supporting base for over 120k soldiers with tanks, some of the 75th ranger regiment, 3rd Heavy combat brigade, 3rd infantry, and most important, the 14th combat support hospital. I think Benning would be a place people would rally to on the east coast. Im not sure if i missed this part, but i would be VERY curious to know how Camp Pendleton is holding out in the story.

"Lurker"

Status

I would have to think that areas with few people and areas with a large amount of guns/weapons would be able to hold out a little better. I would bet that there is a large amount of survivors in the southern American states. Not only do they have a large amount of fire arms, but they have natural defenses. The only thing that comes to mind, for a reason the "south" would fall is that those with guns go and fight without some sort of organization.

As for other parts of the world, i think it would really depend if the virus/plague/magic/etc hit Europe, Asia, and Africa. I would have to think that places like India, china, and japan would be hit very hard. On the other side, i could see people holding out in Russia. : ) i wonder what would happen to the zombies in the extreme cold.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    These zombies adapt with skills they had in life, so I think cold zombies would exist.

"Lurker"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bequita View Post
    These zombies adapt with skills they had in life, so I think cold zombies would exist.
    I would have to agree about the skills part, but skill has nothing to do with -30 weather. Flesh is flesh after all and the zombies would freeze. Who knows though? lol right KC

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRose05 View Post
    I would have to agree about the skills part, but skill has nothing to do with -30 weather. Flesh is flesh after all and the zombies would freeze. Who knows though? lol right KC
    That is assuming they are still functioning as warm blooded animals. Their leathery skin and prefence to nighttime may indicate evolution of sorts. Maybe they evolve into creatures with less body regulating required

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRose05 View Post
    flesh is flesh, and the human body isnt capable of running at 50 miles per hour like the runners, or jumping across buildings in a single leap or swim for days at a time like the swimmers, so there probably could be those that can withstand severe cold and severe heat, hell they know how to create fire, from the descriptions given of the arena
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Lurker"

Status
    as far as the east coast goes, i wonder how Paris island, SC and Fort Bragg, NC would be holding up? You would think that with so many bases and all out forts on the east coast, and in the south, that things might be slightly better.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    This is all based on the assumption that whatever caused the outbreaks wouldn't hit any major military bases. As massive and well armed as some of the bases are, that doesn't mean they'd automatically bring their full strength to bear if a few soldiers on the base were "rioting". Unless the fort is commanded by whoever is in charge of Madagascar in Pandemic, I don't see all of their power being used. It doesn't matter how strong a man is if you stab him in his sleep.

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by COsurvivor View Post
    Cheyenne Mountain is probably closed up tight and just sitting back and watching it all on Satellite.
    Lol, I just imagined Obama sitting in a recliner and shouting to his Chief of Staff "Bring the Popcorn, the new Survivors is on!"

EDIT: As for the military bases, I don't know how the US military bases are set up, but going by Finnish standards, if the population of Helsinki (a very small city by US standards, but still the biggest we've got) would turn into zombies, even with the entire reserve force it's been "assigned", the Santahamina garrison would be overrun very quickly, and it's an island. I don't know how many people turned into zombies, but let's say a million fleshbiters were to rush for Fort Benning, that's mean that every soldier would have to kill roughly 8 zombies before they'd get to biting distance. Also keep in mind, that these soldiers are trained to fight other soldiers, not homicidal berserkers with superhuman abilities and little care for personal safety.
    Last edited by Luna Guardian; Apr 26th, 2011 at 06:40 AM.
    Disclaimer!
    These are the ravings of an insane lunatic. Take nothing he/she/it says, does or looks like seriously

Wonderful story with an exciting ending

"Scavenger"

Status
    May be they will encounter soldiers at the fort they are trying to go to. Oh and Luna Guardian but they things soilders are trained to kill are far away. These zombies/mutants what have you are just running at you there to need to take cover and they are right there to kill but i still see your point that they are extremely reckless. Oh and another quick question did anyone notice that scratch and angel knew eachother?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast