User Tag List

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    My point was that people were seeming to think the colony people would know exactly were the tower was because of the radio signal. All they know from the broadcast is they were trying to reach someone in the north.

Michael had a map, he didn't draw one. He was marking where the rescue signs were on it in chapter 17. And all the journals are in the possession of their respective owners. Kelly grabbed hers and michael's before their escape and michael already had pegs'
    Oh yeah, I didn't think they would know exactly, but they do from the broadcast alone, have a vague idea of the direction and potential range at least. I just have serious doubts the new colony tyranny won't be determined to seek revenge on Michael and crew and I'm just trying to fill in possibilities for how they might find them.

As for the map, Kelly said they followed it to get back home. Sure she and Victor may have just been following the routes on the map, but it sounds like Michael may have been marking more than just the rescue signs, and even if he wasn't, there would have been a noticeable route where they had seen the signs. Concerning the map and the journals, one thing we've learned was that nothing in the colony really does go unnoticed. Who would have thought Michael's conversation with Marcus was bugged? I sure as hell didn't. Even though Pegs had hid them, she and Kelly would have been out of their living quarters for extended periods of time and it doesn't sound like a couple of control freaks like Marcus or the Gatekeeper would be above attempting to find out every little detail about the tower dwellers. In fact, maybe it was knowing what was in Michael or one of the others journals that made Marcus impressed enough to offer Michael the spot as second in command, besides what he openly told him.

Thanks for humoring me though nik. I admit I may be way off base, but it's a testament to the excellent writing that there's a lot of joy to be had in just trying to guess what might happen next.

"Lurker"

Status
    Kelly used to talk to much. I haven't heard her run off at the mouth since Tommy died. The only time she seemed to talk to the point that she talked someone's ear off in Season 2 is Victor, and I think that's because she's got the hots for him and was trying to engage him in conversation by any means necessary.
    True, true...but how bored do you think she was doing laundry all night? There had to be some sort of conversation, right? I'm sure she wanted to know her co-workers' story. Unless talking is just against colony rules while working...

A thought just came to mind...since Lizzy got kicked out of the tower, what are the chances she ends up at the colony and that's how they find out about the tower? I mean, all they know is that Micheal radioed north of there, right? If Lizzy is taken hostage by Gatekeeper and friends, my guess is that Gatekeeper will radio in that direction using Lizzy as leverage. If Saul is healthy by then, he's gonna want her back...so...

Well...that's all I have so far...
    Last edited by GChild78; Mar 10th, 2011 at 06:21 PM.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robalypse View Post
    Oh yeah, I didn't think they would know exactly, but they do from the broadcast alone, have a vague idea of the direction and potential range at least. I just have serious doubts the new colony tyranny won't be determined to seek revenge on Michael and crew and I'm just trying to fill in possibilities for how they might find them.

As for the map, Kelly said they followed it to get back home. Sure she and Victor may have just been following the routes on the map, but it sounds like Michael may have been marking more than just the rescue signs, and even if he wasn't, there would have been a noticeable route where they had seen the signs. Concerning the map and the journals, one thing we've learned was that nothing in the colony really does go unnoticed. Who would have thought Michael's conversation with Marcus was bugged? I sure as hell didn't. Even though Pegs had hid them, she and Kelly would have been out of their living quarters for extended periods of time and it doesn't sound like a couple of control freaks like Marcus or the Gatekeeper would be above attempting to find out every little detail about the tower dwellers. In fact, maybe it was knowing what was in Michael or one of the others journals that made Marcus impressed enough to offer Michael the spot as second in command, besides what he openly told him.

Thanks for humoring me though nik. I admit I may be way off base, but it's a testament to the excellent writing that there's a lot of joy to be had in just trying to guess what might happen next.
    Agreed. They would know the general idea of where they were from from multiple things including the broadcast.

I must have missed the map conversation on the ride back. I'll relisten but you do bring up an interesting point about Marcus/Gatekeeper rifling through peoples things. Though for Kelly and Pegs it would be harder since they worked opposite shifts and the window of opportunity would be very small.

Quote Originally Posted by GChild78 View Post
    True, true...but how bored do you think she was doing laundry all night? There had to be some sort of conversation, right? I'm sure she wanted to know her co-workers' story. Unless talking is just against colony rules while working...
    Good point, but as we've seen with Kelly she does tend to shell up when she's forced to do physical labor. She probably wasn't very talkative. Besides, there wasn't much talking going on in the fields with Pegs. If they had a supervisor in the laundry, odds are they kept the conversations in check. But again, good point. Kelly might ahve let something slip while working the graveyard shift.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by GChild78 View Post
    not likely, after Tommy's death, Kelly doesnt speak much. On top of that, her personality has changed from loud and rebellious, to quiet and cynical, you can see this when she's talking to angel before MPK leaves, you see this after the war when she's says she'll stay with saul, and when she talks with michael about loss and tommy's death. She's a LOT quieter nowadays, the only time she talks a lot, is when she's forcing it, like when she tries to impersonate burt, or when she tries to find out more info on victor by asking him a bunch of questions. AFter realizing the tyrannical rule that the colony imposed, i doubt she spoke to anyone about anything unecessary.
    Angel's #1 Fan

Just had to say that last night I finally am OFFICIALLY up to date on We're Alive and am loving it! But another weeks wait is a burden im gonna have to face often now
    Last edited by OrangeSMan; Mar 14th, 2011 at 05:37 PM.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSMan View Post
    Just had to say that last night I finally am OFFICIALLY up to date on We're Alive and am loving it! But another weeks wait is a burden im gonna have to face often now
    I'd say congratulations....but you are now stuck in the miserable boat we are in every week. No longer do you have the ability to sit down and just listen straight through.....you have to suffer and wait with the rest of us......

I will say welcome to the best support system that exists for We're Alive Syndrome.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    not likely, after Tommy's death, Kelly doesnt speak much. On top of that, her personality has changed from loud and rebellious, to quiet and cynical, you can see this when she's talking to angel before MPK leaves, you see this after the war when she's says she'll stay with saul, and when she talks with michael about loss and tommy's death. She's a LOT quieter nowadays, the only time she talks a lot, is when she's forcing it, like when she tries to impersonate burt, or when she tries to find out more info on victor by asking him a bunch of questions. AFter realizing the tyrannical rule that the colony imposed, i doubt she spoke to anyone about anything unecessary.
    Yea but when she was questioning Victor it seemed a lot more of her being a blooming social flower than her just bugging him to pass time. Though she has become a bit of a cynic I think she is breaking some barriers.

I'd say congratulations....but you are now stuck in the miserable boat we are in every week. No longer do you have the ability to sit down and just listen straight through.....you have to suffer and wait with the rest of us......

I will say welcome to the best support system that exists for We're Alive Syndrome.
    Haha thanks i guess... But I'm super happy i can partake in all the forums have to offer now!

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSMan View Post
    Ohh yeah, the wait can be very harsh once you reach that point. The good thing is that the latest episodes have been a bit more meaty in terms of length. That may have just been chapter 19, but hopefully most will be closer to 20 minutes than 10. I waited a few months after getting caught up to relisten to the entire series over again and it was still fantastic even though I knew what was gonna happen. You also can catch some details you might have missed the first time around.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Great chapter. One of my favourites! Kc, I would just like to say that the sound editing and all that stuff is absolutely fantastic at the moment and to keep up the good work!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast