User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Expelled From The Tower"

Status

How would you react...

A really old alien space ship that is similar to Voyager and Pioneer, in that it was unmanned but contained a message from an alien civilization, was discovered and it proved that we aren't alone. Even if it would take years to translate their language and understand their language, we would still know it was proof of aliens, how would you react to such a discovery?

"Gatherer"

Status
    I would be skeptical at first, but inside I would be very excited. I'm not sure who wouldn't be. The discovery of other lifeforms would be huge, and even if it did take years to translate their language it would be worth it.

Although if it was hostile I would destroy it and when the aliens come knocking on my doorstep armed with their ray blasters and mech suits I'll just say I didn't get the message.

"Smart One"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    I would be skeptical at first, but inside I would be very excited. I'm not sure who wouldn't be. The discovery of other lifeforms would be huge, and even if it did take years to translate their language it would be worth it.
    Personally I think it would give us all a kick up the backside to sort our planet out. Better tidy the place up, we might have guests coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    Although if it was hostile I would destroy it and when the aliens come knocking on my doorstep armed with their ray blasters and mech suits I'll just say I didn't get the message.
    The alien message... it's a bad iTunes review for We're Alive! This means WAR!
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

"Scavenger"

Status
    I'd react with Paranoia of course....

"Gatherer"

Status
    District 9 put it best.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    A really old alien space ship that is similar to Voyager and Pioneer, in that it was unmanned but contained a message from an alien civilization, was discovered and it proved that we aren't alone. Even if it would take years to translate their language and understand their language, we would still know it was proof of aliens, how would you react to such a discovery?
    Why?
    You got something you need to say?
    HA!

BRING IT ON!
    Only girlie men think that humans are alone in this existence.

AM I RIGHT?!?!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea Childress View Post
    District 9 put it best.
    Yeah, it's unfortunate but it's true.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    nay, i say stephen hawking put it best,

"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans."

but that also goes vice versa, if we visit them, we'll have district 9/avatar, on our hands, whoever has the technological advantage will win, and to the victor go the spoils

but that also brings up a lot of other possibilities, a war with another species would unite the human race once and for all, a common threat to all humanity with no judgement for skin color, race, or culture would bring us all together... to beat the shit out of the other guy, but still SILVER LINING!
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    We can't even interpret the language of dolphins. If we found an alien craft that was the approximate size of our own (versus the size of a planet or a grain of sand), and there was some form of identifiable message in it (even if we can't translate it), then I would have to presume that its builders are relatives of humanity that left Earth at some point in the past. Thus, I would be very nervous.

It's thought that humans had about the same capacity for intelligence 10-20,000 years ago as we do today, and it only took a couple hundred years to become so "advanced" that we can wipe all traces of ourselves from the Earth, so it's not implausible that some advanced humans left 20,000 years ago and moved to a star 50 light years away, while the rest remained to blow up each other's buildings for a few thousand years.

If they ever come back and wage war with the Earth, I wouldn't assume that earthlings will unite any more than a zombie invasion caused the tower and mallers to unite.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Suppose aliens land and they look like crappy 1950s "little green men"? Or worse, suppose instead of fantastic otherworldly lifeforms they look like people with funny ears or lumpy foreheads a-la-Star Trek! (and they all speak English!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast