User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post We're Alive: The Book?

Hey guys!

Okay, well this isn't so much a serious suggestion so much as wishful thinking. I was thinking to myself the other day how awesome it would be if We're Alive had a spin-off book! I would definately buy that.

Obviously it would be a lot of work for the writer. KC clearly has the talent but writing a book in addition would kill him resulting in less We're Alive episodes due to his death. :-( And there'd STILL be iTunes reviews demanding twice weekly episodes from his corpse. I suppose if it could be written by a particularly dedicated We're Alive fan, and approved/proofread by KC, it could possibly happen one day.

But if the demand isn't out there, it would be a lot of hard work for little reward. What do you guys think? Would you like to read a We're Alive short story/novel? :-)
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I know I would want to see a We're Alive book, and I'm just saying this but I believe this is true, Wicked Sid is a great writer I read his story a while back and it was really good. He would be a good choice if they were to have someone write it.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    That's not a bad idea, but that would mean the writer would have to know all the details of the plot and if the book was released before I heard all the seasons... I wouldn't be happy. Heaven forbid something was leaked and ruined the suspense of the audiodrama. When the podcast is finished *sob* I can see that as a way to increase circulation and sales.
    A We're Alive Blog For the Serial Overanalyzer ->> The Spoiler's Reveiw <<- Spoiling You One Chapter at a Time. Updates every new episode!

"Hoarder"

Status
    great idea. the journels would be cool, with handwritten fonts for effect. maybe differnet viewpoints or accounts of events that have happened.anything to enhance an already great story.maybe audio versions read by the voice actors...??? I'd buy that for a dollar.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    I've thought about it... I'm a bit of a control freak for content involving WA so I'd want to have a lot of control... Maybe something for our off season? Hard to say...

Presidential Feline

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger10000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurTagger First Class
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ObamaCat PSN ID: ObamaCat Steam ID: ObamaCat
    A spin off following an alternate group of survivors in the same universe would be awesome. Even just the podcast [when finished :,( ]in novel format would be pretty sick and could potentially be offered to a larger audience. I'd buy it for sure.

"Gatherer"

Status
    It could be about the second tower, that would be a pretty good idea.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ObamaCat View Post
    A spin off following an alternate group of survivors in the same universe would be awesome. Even just the podcast [when finished :,( ]in novel format would be pretty sick and could potentially be offered to a larger audience. I'd buy it for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    It could be about the second tower, that would be a pretty good idea.
    I'm not sure. On one hand, it'd be nice (more content, yay!), but on the other you'll get to know a lot that's also relevant for the main story. By revealing things about the second tower, you'd remove the mystery that the listeners currently share with the main characters.
    Also, the team is already incredibly busy with the main script. I think it'll be very hard for them to create a second story, consistent with the main one and of the same quality.

Also, if the spin-off will require a lot of time, there'll be less time available for the main storyline. I think that could hurt the quality of the show, and that's something I really don't want to see happen.

"Smart One"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cPT.cAPSLOCK View Post
    Also, if the spin-off will require a lot of time, there'll be less time available for the main storyline. I think that could hurt the quality of the show, and that's something I really don't want to see happen.
    Of course, nobody would want that. That's probably why it isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ObamaCat View Post
    Another cool idea might be prequels. Kalani's escape from Hawaii, for example.
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
    I know I would want to see a We're Alive book, and I'm just saying this but I believe this is true, Wicked Sid is a great writer I read his story a while back and it was really good. He would be a good choice if they were to have someone write it.
    Aww, I'm flattered.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast