View RSS Feed

jiwasz

Zombies vs Vampires

Rate this Entry
by , Jan 30th, 2011 at 11:48 AM (4476 Views)
After reading a recent article on the popularity of vampires, I was left with the notion that zombies haven't been getting the attention they deserve. Sure, there have been a few recent documentaries on the coming zombie apocalypse, but not enough for people to take the threat seriously. It's easy to see why the vampire gets more attention. No one wants to see a romance involving zombies - not even me. But if you peel back the coffin lid the vampire is little more than an effeminate fop who is effective only half the time. The zombie is relentless. Day or night, limbs or no limbs, the zombie pursues its desire. Its tenacity is to be admired. If we could harness that drive and force the zombie to use its brain for something other than figuring out how to eat ours we could turn this economy around. I don't see any vampires with that kind of work ethic.

Further, an accident is some skunk works research lab is more likely to result in zombie mayhem than it is in vampires. The modus operandi of a vampire is to skulk in the shadows, hidden and out of mind. The zombie is bold, resolute and unwavering. Although it may keep your neighbors away, a string of smelly vegetables is not going to save you – your machete backstroke will. That’s why I’ve prepared myself with the Zombie Survival Guide.

The media needs to do more to educate the population on this menace rather than the ineffective vampire. We finally hava a television series that demonstrates what to do when they come shuffling down your street. We have a zombie survival radio podcast. Buffy had her day. Enter the zombie hunters.
0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0

Submit "Zombies vs Vampires" to Digg Submit "Zombies vs Vampires" to del.icio.us Submit "Zombies vs Vampires" to StumbleUpon Submit "Zombies vs Vampires" to Google

Tags: vampires, zombies
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I disagree that vampires are effeminate fops (and take issue with effeminate being used as an insult!) but I think in terms of horror zombies are a little more psychologically terrifying than vampires are. The horror of the vampire is in their power to entrap and entrance, but there's a romance there too. There is no romance with zombies. They exist to eat, the end and it's that single minded uhm... mindlessness that's horrible. Because I think regardless of how many happy ending movies and books there are chances are if there really were a zombie uprising we wouldn't survive. We would run out of food. We would run out of water. We would run out of bullets and places to hide because they will never stop coming.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Yep, the Vamp in recent past, has certainly lost its overall appeal - Primarily amongst male hetro audiences presumably - Although films like '30 days of night' aren’t too bad, especially if you ignore the love angle and focus on the pure carnage, the Vampires came across as fairly bestial, spraying meat and gore all over the place, you could tell they were feeling happy about themselves, much akin to that of a kid chewing a chocolate crayon in a sandpit... I suppose it’s authors like Anne Rice, Charlaine Harris and whatnot who have churned at creating creatures that are more likely to be decadent pansies snuffing the white stuff holding hankies and crap rather than creating some kind of hardened sewer dwelling beast rendering tooth and claw - The androgyny, the dilemma of eternal sufferance, the whiney teenage Gothic angst, the surfacing of homo erotic fantasies that seem to consistently seep into every chapter, always keeping us at the edge of climactic yet confusing heartache.. All becomes a bit tedious. Anyway leading away from the topic.. You’d think it would be fairly logical to assume that if Vampires did decide to just go hard (as in initiate a mass invasion) and essentially take over the world, you’d think due to their ability to ‘think’, they would have a far greater success rate…. Zombies as far as I’m aware... Would eventually rot and decay and become ineffectual bloated bags of puss.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    i think zombies would win because there really isnt blood vampieres can drink from them without turning into zombie vampieres.. then zombies would domonate!!!
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    never mind what i said i thought u guys were like saying who would win zombies or vampieres so never mind....
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0