View RSS Feed

reaper239

Reaper's Corner VS The Blast Tyrant

Rate this Entry
[COLOR=#add8e6]WHOA!!! it's a music review. been a while. well, i have somewhat recently (in the last few months) that sweet, groovy, dirty southern rock. well, if maylene and the sons of disaster are the best in the realm of southern metal, then Clutch is the best of your good old, vanilla, whiskey on the southern rocks. and my favorite of their albums so far has to be Blast Tyrant's Atlas of the Invisible World Including Illustrations of Strange Beasts And Phantoms. but you can just call it Blast Tyrant.

[IMG]http://www.general-admission.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Clutch-Blast-Tyrant1.jpg[/IMG]

the walking dead is actually what got me into this band, the episode "nebraska" (which should really be called "southern hospitality." who's with me?) ends on the song the regulator. so i was so enamored with the ending to nebraska that i just had to look up that ending song, and sure enough, clutch. incidentely, clutch is a native of my state maryland, out of germantown. i am having a hard time writing this because i'm listening to the album and can't help but dance. that's right, a southern rock album with enough groove to make you dance by the bonfire. this is really my kind of album, and in fact my buddy says "the mob goes wild" makes him think of me because it opens with "Please allow me to adjust my pants, so that i may dance the good time dance, and put the onlookers and innocent bystanders into a trance." yeah, apparently it's the whole pant's thing, and the good time dance. because i do that all the time, and frequently to this album.

i cannot tell you the number of times i've found myself driving down rt 40 smokeing a cigarette and singing along. the album is just plain fun. it's great for parties, bonfires, work, play, really any place you need to listen to something good. and there really aren't any bad songs. the only two that i felt hte album could do without are Ghost and WYSIWYG. ghost felt unnecessary and detracted from the flow of the album, and the album could've ended on (Notes from the trial of) La Curandera, WYSIWYG just felt a little tacked on at the end. WYSIWYG may have been fine elsewhere, but where it is it just doesn't fit. all in all though i love this album. it's just plain good. and humor abounds throughout. pick it up, at a 9/10.

[video=youtube;Z78PjvfCVTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z78PjvfCVTQ[/video][/COLOR]
0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0

Submit "Reaper's Corner VS The Blast Tyrant" to Digg Submit "Reaper's Corner VS The Blast Tyrant" to del.icio.us Submit "Reaper's Corner VS The Blast Tyrant" to StumbleUpon Submit "Reaper's Corner VS The Blast Tyrant" to Google

Updated Jul 16th, 2012 at 05:45 AM by reaper239

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sounds fun, might give it a go as I quite liked the youtube track.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    def my favorite of their albums so far. if you are more into blues rock, check out "from beale street to oblivion" same clutch but more blues less groove.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0