View RSS Feed

Discovering A Pandemic

Writing A Pandemic? Nope... A Totally Unrelated Novel.

Rate this Entry
Some of you already know--some of you, not so much--that I've been working on a novel for the last few months. I've finally come to a space where I'm ready to start revising, editing, and writing the second draft. I'd pretty much stopped working on it before my surgery, and haven't done fuck all to it since. That's about nine weeks of not even thinking about. This afternoon I started thinking about where I left things, found my ending and decided now was a good time to start chopping it up and preparing the second draft, which I will be sending to a view betas for review. I'm a good few weeks away from beta reading at this point, but I'm feeling that creative surge returning--might have something to do with being off the opioids and finally clear-headed--so, I've decided to jump back into it.

I took the time during the break to write a few short stories, and some practice pieces, two of which have appeared here in one form or another. Actually, just two forms each. Anyway, that's where I'm at right now. I knew you were all on the edges of your seats, waiting for me to let you all know. Until I'm finished the second draft, I'm going to be ignoring everything that I can use as a distraction. That means, swearing off this joint for a while. I can still be reached via Facebook, Twitter, and e-mail--because my phone is fucking evil like that--so if you really wanted to blab at me, ask me questions, or irritate me, you can do so through those mediums. It also means, no blogging--not that anyone is going to notice--and no anything else. If you see me lurking, give me shit and tell me to get back to work.

See you all in a few weeks, but until then...

Catch you all on the flip-flop.

0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0

Submit "Writing A Pandemic? Nope... A Totally Unrelated Novel." to Digg Submit "Writing A Pandemic? Nope... A Totally Unrelated Novel." to del.icio.us Submit "Writing A Pandemic? Nope... A Totally Unrelated Novel." to StumbleUpon Submit "Writing A Pandemic? Nope... A Totally Unrelated Novel." to Google

Comments

we care..and your a dick for thinking we wouldnt...j/k

get to work sir....
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0