View RSS Feed

Alive Anonymous "A place for help on the season breaks."

A tragic death....... one beer no bread part 2

Rate this Entry
I'm sad to report that upon rising this morning I found sour dough starter unresponsive in its
container. It was lifeless and flat. I applied immediate CPR in the form of honey 2 tablespoons
mixed in rapidly. Sourdough did not bubble or swell as it had the day before. Sourdough was declared dead at 0645 this am.

As the blog must go on. I remixed a new sour dough this time with Guinness instead of a weak oatmeal stout and planted in it a teaspoon of active yeast to help it along. I'm pleased to report that sourdough starter number 2 is alive and well and thriving.

It will be ready by Friday.

Moral of this story?

There is beer and then there is Guinness.
0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0

Submit "A tragic death....... one beer no bread part 2" to Digg Submit "A tragic death....... one beer no bread part 2" to del.icio.us Submit "A tragic death....... one beer no bread part 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "A tragic death....... one beer no bread part 2" to Google

Updated Sep 14th, 2011 at 03:00 PM by yarri

Categories
Survivor Kitchen

Comments

Note to self, stock up on Guinness for the zombie apocalypse
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Also a point of note. Start trying to catch a wild yeast in summer. As its getting colder now in my neck of the
    woods its near impossible. Hence the use of the minimal amount of yeast
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    i tried making a simple sourdough concoction and it didnt go so well. it got thrown out and suprisingly the cats and other wildlife creatures ate it. circle of life.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Bummer. Had a starter named HERM for about 5 yrs. May your bread always rise from the dead.
    Teether
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    I would save the overflowage (bubbles) and dry them on parchment paper. Then into a baggie for a rainy day when HERM was needing a boost. That still didn't keep HERM from being all dead in the end.
    Started online school and lost time to make bread once a week. That starved ol HERM. Poor HERM.
    TOOTH
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0