View RSS Feed

Britt

A new We're Alive/We're Not Dead project! (God help me)

Rate this Entry
[Heads up! I know all of you know what We're Alive (and hopefully) what We're Not Dead is. This was originally written for my own, personal site, so some people might not have known. I was too damn lazy to take that part out. SO THERE YOU GO. <3]

If there’s anything I’ve discovered about myself in the past few years, it’s that I’m a workaholic. My mind is constantly churning with ideas. What article can I write for BlondeNerd? What news article can I post on Zaxy? What topics can I bring up in We’re Not Dead? What news should I bring up for n00bketeers? What video I can make for my YouTube channel?

Planning and executing these ideas doesn’t classify as “working” to me because I effin’ love it. But anymore I’ve found it hard to sit back and relax. Like zone-out-and-take-a-nap relax. I need to be doing something or I feel like I’m slacking off. That being said, I’ve mastered juggling these projects. Although a typical week is always hectic and crazy busy, there’s never an issue with getting things done. Therefore, these projects have become a daily part of my life and I don’t feel like I’m being challenged.

So being the idiot that I am, I’ve decided to start a new project: I’m going to build a new website and create a video channel dedicated to We’re Not Dead.

Okay, some of you might be scratching your head or rubbing your beard right now, thinking, “Well shit, that was anti-climactic. What’s We’re Not Dead?”

Long story short: We’re Not Dead is a community podcast I host, along with Greg Miller, about the audio drama podcast We’re Alive. Essentially, we are a podcast about a podcast. Since We’re Alive has such a dedicated and active community, We’re Not Dead’s job is to discuss episodes of We’re Alive and bring the community’s voice to listeners around the world. ::flashes cheesy carsalesman-esque smile::

But seriously, We’re Not Dead is so much more than a podcast that recaps episodes of We’re Alive. We run community contests, discuss We’re Alive news, interview the actors and do whatever else we can. There is a LOT going on in the We’re Alive universe fans don’t know about unless they frequent the forums. Did you know We’re Alive is plotting to livestream the Season 2 finale? Did you know they were just recently picked up by a kickass publisher and you’ll soon be able to find their product in stores? Did you know there’s a Gatekeeper’s Bad Day contest underway? DID YOU KNOW KC IS BALD?! Do you even know who Kc is?!!!

The video channel will serve as a means to “out” the type of information I listed above. Instead of scouring each forum thread, folks will be able to see the information compiled in a short but sweet 3-5 minute video. The website itself will serve as a central hub for all things We’re Not Dead. It’ll have an official blog, information about the hosts, fan-submitted stuff, videos, links to the podcasts, etc.

I’ve created the YouTube account, registered the domain name…I’m set!

…now I just need some free time.

Let me know if there’s anything in particular you want to see on either the website or on the video channel. THANKS! <3
0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0

Submit "A new We're Alive/We're Not Dead project! (God help me)" to Digg Submit "A new We're Alive/We're Not Dead project! (God help me)" to del.icio.us Submit "A new We're Alive/We're Not Dead project! (God help me)" to StumbleUpon Submit "A new We're Alive/We're Not Dead project! (God help me)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

We're not dead video pocasts!!!!! i think they'd be awesome. all you'd need to do would be to screen capture your skype convo. i think it would be rather interesting to watch.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    "DID YOU KNOW KC IS BALD?!" :P
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    I find it odd that someone wouldn't know about We're Not Dead, but I also find it odd that you wouldn't join the forums. Whatevs. I think it's a great idea to have videos. I suggest you make video podcasts, so that you don't have to get on youtube to watch them. Or make make the files available in a video format that could be downloaded. Because I usually listen to WND when I'm sitting around at a friends house, and it would be great to just be able to watch the videos on my iPod.
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Creem_Filling
    I find it odd that someone wouldn't know about We're Not Dead, but I also find it odd that you wouldn't join the forums. Whatevs. I think it's a great idea to have videos. I suggest you make video podcasts, so that you don't have to get on youtube to watch them. Or make make the files available in a video format that could be downloaded. Because I usually listen to WND when I'm sitting around at a friends house, and it would be great to just be able to watch the videos on my iPod.
    Steal my idea why don't you. Then just go and embellish it. Hehe jk my idea did need expanding
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Updated Jun 17th, 2011 at 11:15 PM by shric debar
    Let me start my comment by being childish, OK???

Did anyone notice that Brit just "OUTED" WA and KC??? roflmao

OK (catches breath)... I just had too... OK, back to point now. I admit you must love to live burning your candle at both ends... I do wish you luck in this new endeavor! (Just what the world needs, another blonde on YouTube)

Just one thing, can you post a link to each and every site you are on Facebook, YouTube Channel and so on...
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0
    Hi Britt. Nice to meet you. Just wanted to say first that I love listening to "We're Not Dead" after every chapter episode of "We're Alive." I totally enjoy your back and forth banter with greg. Can't wait for The video podcasts for We're Not Dead... Awesome!
    0 Likes, 0 , 0 , 0