Conversation Between YetAnotherBloodyCheek and Alizée

17 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hello! I know, I haven't been around much but I've been listening faithfully! Even got my roommate into WA (we listened to the first eight chapters last night heh heh heh). What's new with you?
  2. Hi Alizée - where are you?
  3. No really, thank YOU for asking me! You should have seen how excited I was when I read your visitor message. I had been waiting for an opportunity to link Waits with Burt!
  4. Tom Waits rocks - big time! Thank you very much.
  5. Here's the exact message I sent you. Also, don't worry about it! Oopsies happen "YES! Are you a Tom Waits fan? I suggest Swordfishtrombone (because Burt is a vet and a bit of a legend), Johnsburg, Illinois (regarding Burt's wife. It's romantic), Rain Dogs (it's about the Vietnam war), I'm Still Here (which is also romantic, but sad, because it's about losing someone you love). If I think of more ill let you know! "
  6. Note to myself: never ever confuse the inbox with the visitor messages tab. Big time sorry!
  7. And due to the 1000 characters limit, her is the end of my message:

What song by Mr Waits would you recommend?

CU

YABC
  8. Hi Alizée,

my inbox does not like me anymore. I received your visitor message yesterday morning about 7 o'clock GMT time and I really wanted to answer it in time. However, the last message from you - according to my inbox - is from August 24th. What? :-S Something's foul in the state of Denmark! But not everything is completely lost. I remember that you proposed Tom Waits and his songs for Burt. At least I hope that you meant Burt. Great! Guess what, I listened to Tom Waits in January 2012 for the first time. Sadly, I am not a native English speaker, which is why Mr Waits gives me a hard time deciphering his song meanings. He does not write any of those over-polished pop songs with catchy hook-lines. And I do not want to fall victim to some sort of misinterpreted stuff. For example, there are a lot of people who consider The Police's "Every Breath You Take" to be just a love song. However, this particular song is actually about a stalker and his victim.
  9. Also, to be noted - some of his songs are up for interpretation. For example, I'm Still Here is from his Alice album, which was actually written for a stage production of Alice in Wonderland but the words and tone remind me of someone you love so much dying before you do.
  10. YES! Are you a Tom Waits fan? I suggest Swordfishtrombone (because Burt is a vet and a bit of a legend), Johnsburg, Illinois (regarding Burt's wife. It's romantic), Rain Dogs (it's about the Vietnam war), I'm Still Here (which is also romantic, but sad, because it's about losing someone you love). If I think of more ill let you know!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast