PDA

View Full Version : Could I burn We're Alive episodes to a CD?

Destiny
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:37 AM
So I could listen to them in the car and stuff? If so, how? Thanks in advance.

Wicked Sid
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Like This (http://shop.zombiepodcast.com/CD-Media_c2.htm). :)

*Edit* This seemed a little douchey to me... Sorry if it seems that way, just showing a legitimate suggestion that would help We're Alive.

Beaumont
Feb 20th, 2011, 07:55 AM
If you get the show from itunes you already have the files on your computer so just burn them.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Obviously, Sid's solution is the preferred way because it supports Kc and the rest of the cast.

However, if you prefer another option, you can use one of many free burning programs.
Note that for the CD to play in your car, you can only fit up to 70 minutes on each disk. So basically, you need a disc per chapter.
The exception to this is if your car can read MP3 CD's, but there aren't that many out there that can. To play safe, cope with the 70 minutes limit and burn as 'Audio CD' using whichever software you use.

StepLaugh
Feb 20th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Also if you buy the cd's they are better quality, at least I do believe.

lectio
Feb 20th, 2011, 12:36 PM
But of course, it would be a thousand times better to purchase the CD set. What with the staff and cast working for free and all...

Destiny
Feb 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM
My parents are now obsessed with We're Alive now lol

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 21st, 2011, 03:30 AM
Then get them the official CD's for their birthday, wedding anniversary, or something else. Or have them buy it for you, if that works ;)

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 21st, 2011, 09:05 AM
Do the chapter transition straight from episode to episode without the intro/outro on the CDs?

Teethingbiscuit
Feb 21st, 2011, 09:18 AM
That was my understanding Bar. Also, re-edited the content and adjusted timing issues.
Teeth is buying the CDs soon.

Kc
Feb 21st, 2011, 10:53 AM
Do the chapter transition straight from episode to episode without the intro/outro on the CDs?
Yes. The Cds are remastered versions of the first season without any breaks or credits until the very end of the season disc set, where the credits hold everyone from the first season.
When I say remastered, it's completely different. Some portions aren't huge, but early on it's very noticeable. Most people won't go back to the podcasts after they have the Cd's.

cycogod
Feb 21st, 2011, 11:32 AM
I got the cd box set and they are excellent ! rip them to an mp3 player using a high quality flac setting or apple loseless (if your mp3 player supports it)--perfect combo. Kc we need artwork from the show...

Kc
Feb 21st, 2011, 02:16 PM
Artwork for...?

cycogod
Feb 21st, 2011, 02:23 PM
Sorry about that..the artwork for the episodes is very good. I've missed the artist name who does them? The images add a little extra dimension to the story. Someone had an idea for a map, and the google maps link that showed the base location was nice.

Kc
Feb 21st, 2011, 03:33 PM
Sorry about that..the artwork for the episodes is very good. I've missed the artist name who does them? The images add a little extra dimension to the story. Someone had an idea for a map, and the google maps link that showed the base location was nice.
Ben Hosac - is the main artist :) We'll have a map at the wiki opening.

Destiny
Feb 22nd, 2011, 05:14 AM
Oh god, my baby brother is listening to this now, and he's just a god and he's playing it in front of his friends from school. He doesn't really understand it, but still I hear We're Alive playing 24/7 now in the background in my house. Be it my parents listening to it, or my baby brother listening to it as I babysit him. Not that I'm complaining, I just can't tell you how many times I've heard the wonderful narrative that is the greatest podcast ever echoing down the halls of my home.

mascaria
Feb 22nd, 2011, 09:20 AM
Oh god, my baby brother is listening to this now, and he's just a god and he's playing it in front of his friends from school. He doesn't really understand it, but still I hear We're Alive playing 24/7 now in the background in my house. Be it my parents listening to it, or my baby brother listening to it as I babysit him. Not that I'm complaining, I just can't tell you how many times I've heard the wonderful narrative that is the greatest podcast ever echoing down the halls of my home.
This happened to me, but with NIN instead of We're Alive. It was a very awkward time for me, coming home and hearing my whole family singing along with Trent Reznor.