PDA

View Full Version : Article: The Voodoo Lounge: Chapter 19 Predictions

nikvoodoo
Feb 16th, 2011, 11:56 PM
You can view the page at http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/content.php?140-The-Voodoo-Lounge-Chapter-19-Predictions

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 17th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Nice read, but maybe you'd want to change the layout:
The black text is barely readible.

Just my $0.02 ;)

Kc
Feb 17th, 2011, 08:17 AM
It was more readable on the forum. When I promoted it to an article, the backgrounds are slightly darker.

nikvoodoo
Feb 17th, 2011, 09:06 AM
I went back and forth on text colors for a long time on the blog. I wanted the headings to be different so they would stand out, but perhaps black was too bold a choice for even the blog. The white headlines just didn't separate that well and no other color I looked at did the job.

I'll keep exploring and figure out something for the next installment. Your two cents have been deposited into my bank account. Thank yo for your donation.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 17th, 2011, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure who said there isn't a lot left for Team Tower to do, but I gotta ring the disagree bell.

1. Burt's store is still out there and needs to be revisited.
a. The Mallers still pose a threat.
b. They have the man power, weapons and the will to use them.
2. Another run to the reserve station to gather more MRE's, left over ammor/weapons and other useful equipment.
a. They NEED to kill "Arrowhead"
b. create hunting teams
3. Find a "Plan B" place to stay.

4. Work on a better perimeter defense

5. Go back to the power plant

Once Angel and Kalani get back they can catch some Z's and get patched up.
Angel can take care of Saul once he's stiched up. That frees up Lizzie for a mission.
We...er, they have enough people in the tower to go on out. Burt's not a tactician, he's a shooter and so is Lizzie.
Kalani and Angel relay the intel from their outting to Burt.
A new team is dispatched with Burt, Lizzie and a couple "Star Trek Crew members" (you know, the ones who always went down with Kirk and crew, but ended up taking a dirt nap)...
Bam! there you have it.

nikvoodoo
Feb 17th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I didn't mean to imply with my Tower Plot Line prediction that there wasn't things for the Tower to accomplish. As you pointed out, there is loads they can do. What I was predicting was exactly who...

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 17th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I went back and forth on text colors for a long time on the blog. I wanted the headings to be different so they would stand out, but perhaps black was too bold a choice for even the blog. The white headlines just didn't separate that well and no other color I looked at did the job.

I'll keep exploring and figure out something for the next installment. Your two cents have been deposited into my bank account. Thank yo for your donation.

You could try various shades of blue, green, or turqoise.

nikvoodoo
Feb 17th, 2011, 02:06 PM
I did, but for personal reasons I don't really want to get into, I settled on black quickly and auto-published the blog on Monday morning.

I understand it was harder to read than needed to be. I will look into more and easier to read color selections for Chapter 20.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Feb 17th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Fair enough. Whatever happened, hope it works out!
Personal things are far more important than a blog regarding fiction, so I understand your choice.

nikvoodoo
Feb 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Fair enough. Whatever happened, hope it works out!
Personal things are far more important than a blog regarding fiction, so I understand your choice.

It's worked out as well as it could. I do promise to make it more legible come March!

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Feb 18th, 2011, 05:43 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ <br />
<br />
This reply format is kinda...

nikvoodoo
Feb 19th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Got it all fixed up with more legible colors. Apologies for those who had issues reading it this color should pop nicely with the article background as well as the blog page background.

Again, so very sorry and I swear on the bible or whatever book you want me to that I am not a hired gun for the optometrist unions who make a killing off patients with eye strain.....