PDA

View Full Version : Do you wanna guest host? Call into the podcast? Leave a voicemail? Information here!

Britt
Jan 28th, 2011, 08:54 PM
So we're about 2.5 episodes deep into We're Not Dead (I say 2.5 because of last week's failed episode) and it's about time we start getting more of you involved in the podcast. A lot of you are involved already by sending us questions, comments and contest submissions via email, but I think we can open up more ways for you guys participate.

Option #1: Some people have recorded their questions/comments and have sent them to us in MP3 form. It's so much more fun than reading an email (though we still appreciate those!). So feel free to record your lovely voice and send your thoughts our way to WereNotDeadPodcast@gmail.com.

Option#2: We want to open the podcast up to listener call-ins. Currently, this is a little tricky as it would require the caller to record their own audio track while talking to us on Skype (I have yet to find an amazing Skype recorder that doesn't crash every 10 minutes) but it is doable. If it's something you're interested in doing, send an email to WereNotDeadPodcast@gmail.com and I'll fill you in with more info.

Option#3: If you initially applied to be the We're Not Dead co-host, you'll get first dibs at guest-hosting an episode with Greg and I. I still have your emails, so don't try to pull a fast one on me! Because not all dumbs are blonde! :D So yes, if you're still interested send me another email and we'll try to get you scheduled for a week.

And that's all I can think of at the moment...OOH! Don't forget to send us your fan art. There's a new contest (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?86-New-Community-Contest-We-Want-Your-Fan-Art!) up 'n running. I even drew Michael.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z81/Britt5091/michael.jpg

Go ahead, laugh. Kc already told me he looks like a plant.

StepLaugh
Jan 29th, 2011, 10:05 AM
You're doing a great job.

What program are you guys currently using? For skype recording that is.

StepLaugh
Jan 29th, 2011, 10:05 AM
have you thought about using stickam? I know you can record on that. but not sure how long though.

Coolluck
Feb 6th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Have you tried using a combination of Garageband, LineIn, and Soundflowerbed? I haven't tried extended recording using that setup yet, but so far it has been more promising than other options. If you already have Garageband, then this solution is free.

Leedo2502
May 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Have you guys thought about using a Google Voice account to do call-ins?

j0be
May 6th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Or you could just record your question, and send the mp3 to them

Britt
May 6th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Have you guys thought about using a Google Voice account to do call-ins?

I haven't! Okay, I gotta do some serious digging this weekend. Thanks!

CantWaitForSeason3
May 10th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I would love to be on the show. You only use Skype to make them tho?

Britt
May 10th, 2011, 10:21 AM
I would love to be on the show. You only use Skype to make them tho?

We use Skype, and Audacity to record. Each person records their own track and sends them to me, I splice 'em together, edit it, and booya! I think our next open slot is the first week in...July? If you're interested send an email to WereNotDeadPodcast@gmail.com.

ObamaCat
May 10th, 2011, 03:49 PM
If you ever feel like some Canadian feedback on the show I'd be happy to provide some :)

Pikepaw
May 10th, 2011, 04:24 PM
If you ever feel like some Canadian feedback on the show I'd be happy to provide some :)

I'm already scheduled to appear and represent Canada, no worries :)

Ra1th
May 10th, 2011, 04:24 PM

oh you guys will need it because when I go on, I'm just gonna be Canada bashing every chance I get :p

ObamaCat
May 10th, 2011, 04:53 PM

Haha great :) We need some representation around these parts

oh you guys will need it because when I go on, I'm just gonna be Canada bashing every chance I get :p

....I'll be ready good sir :p

Mikeyd2tall
May 11th, 2011, 01:52 PM
you need a young'ins perspective im your guy XD

mem
May 12th, 2011, 10:02 AM
you need a young'ins perspective im your guy XD

High Forum Summoner level 15

kafu288
May 12th, 2011, 05:42 PM
You need to get some Australian on this shit. Like me.

I didn't even know you guys were looking for guests hosts, I'm kind of new. Nevertheless... maybe one day....

Britt
May 12th, 2011, 06:33 PM
You need to get some Australian on this shit. Like me.

I didn't even know you guys were looking for guests hosts, I'm kind of new. Nevertheless... maybe one day....

HAHA! Agreed! Unfortunately, I think we might be booked out until the end of this season, but I'll look into it! Shoot me an email at WND@zombiepodcast.com :D

AdrianHD
May 12th, 2011, 10:57 PM
HAHA! Agreed! Unfortunately, I think we might be booked out until the end of this season, but I'll look into it! Shoot me an email at WND@zombiepodcast.com :D
How about instead of smashing everyone in through the season break we have one BIG online stream that we can call in through Skype? I often participate in streams, we do the same kinda thing. We can make one night full dedicated to We're Alive and everyone can have their shot.

itsallgoodie
May 12th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I'd love to fill a spot either calling in or co-host. I have not signed up for that though. (no fast ones being pulled here). anyway, if you guys figure out how to do call ins let me know, then i just need to think of a question.

kafu288
May 12th, 2011, 11:38 PM
I reckon that would get messy if you had just everyone call in. If you guys want to do a big conference call chat though I'd be down. Giant 60-person podcast extreme or some crap? Fuck that shit.

AdrianHD
May 12th, 2011, 11:39 PM
I reckon that would get messy if you had just everyone call in. If you guys want to do a big conference call chat though I'd be down. Giant 60-person podcast extreme or some crap? Fuck that shit.
My suggestion was more like one long night with Britt and Greg on, we'd have someone call in, say what they wanted to discuss, hang up, new caller.

Alex Conley
May 12th, 2011, 11:42 PM
I haven't! Okay, I gotta do some serious digging this weekend. Thanks!

Yep, voicemails can be downloaded as MP3s from google voice. But, that depends if you have an android phone or not.

kafu288
May 12th, 2011, 11:45 PM
See the problem with that is that then your expecting them to be on all night.

Ra1th
May 12th, 2011, 11:50 PM
See the problem with that is that then your expecting them to be on all night. I'd host that shit though in mid-June.... just saying....

it doesnt have to be all in one long night, it could just be for like a 2 hour period, and a bunch of people who sign up could call in. They could just have a special episode once every few weeks or so.

kafu288
May 12th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Ok I agree with Ra1th's version of the idea

cupcakezombie
May 13th, 2011, 12:28 AM
The other thing that could be done is to have new specific topics every 15 or 30 mins. That way if you have a topic that you want to talk about then you can be prepared at a set time.

nikvoodoo
May 13th, 2011, 12:33 AM
The best way I've seen most pros do it who record their podcast in this manner is to use the Google Voice idea and leave messages for the hosts to retrieve and answer at their leisure. This would put a lot less stress on everyone involved. Listeners don't have to force themselves to stick to a specific time frame (and have no idea what has been said before hand in the podcast) and the creators can prescreen calls to their liking and pick the ones that fit their topics best.

The other option that is really simple and Britt has suggested it before but I don't think anyone has taken her up on the offer yet: Record an mp3 and email it to werenotdeadpodcast@gmail.com. Same exact principle and just as simple. You don't have to over think it. Just keep it simple :)

cupcakezombie
May 13th, 2011, 12:53 AM
I think what I am looking forward to hearing the most is the debate podcasts, does anyone know how those are gonna go? I have this vision of guests with strong opinions on certain topics coming on....

kafu288
May 13th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Actually, I think that first one is a good topic

mem
May 13th, 2011, 06:07 AM
puppets are always good

Britt
May 13th, 2011, 07:31 AM
These are all awesome ideas. As sad as it is, the only thing I know how to do is locate mp3s and listen to them, and those are cool and all, but I *really* want to get some live debates/chats going on.

This would require each person that calls in to record their track and send it to us. It's a simple process, but it requires some explanation, which I'm willing to do if we want to give it a test run. If one track goes array or someone forgets to hit record, though, I'd have to delete that entire conversation.

The other option is a program that records an entire Skype conversation. Unfortunately my experience with these programs has not been good...either the quality is shit, it doesn't record or it craps out in the middle of a recording session.

There HAS to be a simpler way. ::scratches beard:: ::justkiddingidonthaveoneofthose::

lkiam
May 13th, 2011, 07:45 AM
If one track goes array or someone forgets to hit record, though, I'd have to delete that entire conversation.

I think you mean awry.

Britt
May 13th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I think you mean awry.

Yes.

AdrianHD
May 13th, 2011, 10:32 AM
These are all awesome ideas. As sad as it is, the only thing I know how to do is locate mp3s and listen to them, and those are cool and all, but I *really* want to get some live debates/chats going on.

This would require each person that calls in to record their track and send it to us. It's a simple process, but it requires some explanation, which I'm willing to do if we want to give it a test run. If one track goes array or someone forgets to hit record, though, I'd have to delete that entire conversation.

The other option is a program that records an entire Skype conversation. Unfortunately my experience with these programs has not been good...either the quality is shit, it doesn't record or it craps out in the middle of a recording session.

There HAS to be a simpler way. ::scratches beard:: ::justkiddingidonthaveoneofthose::

Do you have a Mac? If so, Garageband does the work. Either than that, I may know a few programs that I'll have to look into again. It boggles my mind that you guys do the Audacity thing. It definitely helps in quality, maybe I'm just lazy, but I straight up record what I hear through Skype.

When I eventually get to hop on Skype and chat with you pre-WND, I can shoot you some ideas on how to record through Skype or work a live stream.

zombiederek
May 24th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I just want to state that I was the first one to post about Reily's sexuality. I posted this on the old hyperboards forum and if she does turn out to be gay I want a shout out cause I called it first! LOL

Dameon1213
May 24th, 2011, 06:53 PM
i think that oovoo is a valid option, and ( unsure how to do it) but i think most of us have Windows live,i have heard that you can group chat on it, again i am unsure as to how

zombiederek
May 25th, 2011, 12:18 AM
I would love to co-host an episode of We're Not Dead! I have always wanted to be part of a podcast and I am an expert of We're Alive! I litterally listen to it everyday! If you need a co-host, I would love to sit in and talk about this amazing show!

Solanine
May 25th, 2011, 05:10 AM
How about a British perspective? Contact needed before hand, although a random call in the middle of the night from Greg Miller (drunk) would be cool.

Magrat
Jun 4th, 2011, 12:21 PM
In emailing to be attached as a co-host type job (one off or constant-nagging-voice) to the Podcast, would it be prudent to send in a Question/Comment mp3 so you get a snapshot of voice/mike quality? I'm happy to just send in the question(s), but would love to come onto the show and wax lyrical about Australian Zombie Plans and a deep love of the potential of Skittles!

ilanagl
Jun 9th, 2011, 05:51 PM
I would love to be on the show. How do you get on?

Fishie
Jun 13th, 2011, 10:41 AM
I would love to get involved at some point in the future, even if it is just sending in some listener questions... (I do have radio experience, though, and am hoping to get a Marantz soon with the idea of setting up my own podcast - that'll be good for sending you mp3 files)

I just need to catch up on We're Not Dead first... I'm up to date on We're Alive, but a bit behind on your podcast! I only discovered them both in May!

Magrat
Jun 18th, 2011, 05:55 AM
I would love to be on the show. How do you get on?

Britt mentioned constantly sending reminders to her. :-P
I'd suggest sending in questions/comments/quemments either in email or mp3 format for a start, that way you'd get to be heard & then can push for being a possible co-host.

Luna Guardian
Jun 26th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Speaking of reminders: Britt, answer me, goshdarnit!

Brevard A. Smith
Aug 5th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Hey I am wondering if you guys are on twitter. There is a app on the ipad on ipod touch called Twitterlator where you can record audio. I would like to be a guest host but I think it is better if people take some time to talk about what they are actually going to cover. Some people go way off topic. I got so decent recording equipment at home. Working on a mac mini with a snowball mic.

nikvoodoo
Aug 5th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Hey I am wondering if you guys are on twitter.

@WNDpodcast

Brevard A. Smith
Aug 5th, 2011, 08:05 AM
http://www.coloradosprings.com/articles/shuffling-11436-zombie-zombies.html

I plan on checking this out and taking my video camera and maybe asking a couple of people if they are fan of We're Alive.

Dfens
Aug 23rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
I just want to state that I was the first one to post about Reily's sexuality. I posted this on the old hyperboards forum and if she does turn out to be gay I want a shout out cause I called it first! LOL

Congrats on the prediction! But you do realize that this is just a show. So don't be disappointed when you find out that she's actually "gay for pay" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gay+for+pay

Not that there's anything wrong with that!!!!!!

mylittlepwny
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:37 PM
When episode 50 rolls around I am your guy

JusticePain
Sep 4th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Hey if I can co-host that would be great! Give me an e-mail and tell me when

nikvoodoo
Sep 4th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Hey if I can co-host that would be great! Give me an e-mail and tell me when

Email to contact Britt is contained in the first post of this thread.