PDA

View Full Version : Halo 5 confirmed

Destiny
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Channel 4 News' Benjamin Cohen recently got a rare, inside look at Microsoft's Redmond, Washington offices. Part of that access including getting a demo of a voice- and motion-controlled living space. Lucky him!

And that's where Halo 5, of all things, popped up in the unlikeliest of places. Snuggled up beside something about Project Gotham Racing and "Grandma's Room," you'll spot an "Inside Halo 5" selection along with a logo.

Oh man, it's our first look at Halo 5, everyone! Okay, to be fair, the technology in this video piece along with the rest of the reporting is far more interesting than the existence of Halo 5. It hasn't been announced officially, but we already knew something was coming, right? Still, for rabid Halo fans, even this tiniest morsel should get their hearts racing.

Press Release: http://apps.facebook.com/upitone/?controller=news&op=view-news&news_id=68118
Original Source: http://www.destructoid.com/oh-look-a-wild-halo-5-logo-appears--193644.phtml

Looks like Microsoft wants to put Halo on an annual release schedule.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:35 AM
There is the very real possibility it was an in joke at Microsoft that Halo will be at it's fifth installment by the time this technology is rolled out. What happened to Halo 4? I wouldn't read too much into it. There isn't a PGR in the pipeline at the moment either, though admittedly Microsoft have been circling Bizarre Creations since Acti ditched them.

343i's Frank O'Connor said there would be no NEW halo games this year. I wouldn't rule out a Halo 1 HD remake for it's anniversary though. I've heard Saber Interactive have been attached to that project.

StepLaugh
Feb 10th, 2011, 05:41 AM
I've heard strong rumors about Halo CE having an HD remake. It's easy money, and it will sell butt loads.

But the halo 5, like you said sounds like a joke. or code name for something else.

I need more halo!!!

I'm ready to see what 343i's has to offer!

Destiny
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:13 AM
There is the very real possibility it was an in joke at Microsoft that Halo will be at it's fifth installment by the time this technology is rolled out. What happened to Halo 4? I wouldn't read too much into it. There isn't a PGR in the pipeline at the moment either, though admittedly Microsoft have been circling Bizarre Creations since Acti ditched them.

343i's Frank O'Connor said there would be no NEW halo games this year. I wouldn't rule out a Halo 1 HD remake for it's anniversary though. I've heard Saber Interactive have been attached to that project.

Reach = Halo 4

SleepyGlenn
Feb 10th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Reach = Halo 4

Hmm, I'm doubtful but maybe. Chin up though, I do have some fresh Halo news for ya! (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-10-halo-reach-defiant-map-pack-leaked) :-)

Kc
Feb 10th, 2011, 08:18 AM
sweeeeet.... and nice

I The K Train I
Feb 10th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I've heard strong rumors about Halo CE having an HD remake. It's easy money, and it will sell butt loads.

I tweeted about this last week and put it on Facebook. Yeah it's confirmed for a holday release this year. There is a new engine to reach, online co-op. Nothing confirmed about multiplayer as of yet. Personally I don't see the point in remaking the game without multipayer seeing as it wasn't in the original.

Easy to say Microsoft will once again open my wallet and rape me for a few days. Prolly another Legendary edition to get :P

Halo: Combat Evolved Remake (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/halo-combat-evolved-hd/)

SleepyGlenn
Feb 10th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Yeah it's confirmed for a holday release this year. There is a new engine to reach, online co-op. Nothing confirmed about multiplayer as of yet.

I haven't heard any official confirmation from 343 yet, but a lot of signs point to being in the works I agree. The same rumours point to online co-op multiplayer as being an added feature.

StepLaugh
Feb 10th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Also the new maps look beautiful, but I really dont feel like paying 800 MS points for 2 maps, and a firefight map. :/

I The K Train I
Feb 10th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Also the new maps look beautiful, but I really dont feel like paying 800 MS points for 2 maps, and a firefight map. :/

Yeah I'm not falling into that trap again. I bought all the maps for Halo 3 separately. Then they released them all with ODST. I'm gonna wait till they release the Reach ones with the Halo CE remake or something like that :P

StepLaugh
Feb 10th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I dont mind spending $3 for a map that I will play a lot, but I dont wanna spend $10 for only 2 maps that I will play.

ObamaCat
Feb 24th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Definitely would rather have a Combat Evolved remake than a Halo 5. That, and I'm really looking forward to Bungie's next project. Oh the possibilities. And I have to agree with the map pack complaints. I scrambled and bought the map pack for the Halo Reach party because I thought we might be playing the maps :S

SleepyGlenn
Feb 25th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Definitely would rather have a Combat Evolved remake than a Halo 5. That, and I'm really looking forward to Bungie's next project. Oh the possibilities.

Agreed!

And I have to agree with the map pack complaints. I scrambled and bought the map pack for the Halo Reach party because I thought we might be playing the maps :S

I understand people's complaints, but the truth is that I'll buy it. I'm a sucker for Halo.

ObamaCat
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I understand people's complaints, but the truth is that I'll buy it. I'm a sucker for Halo.

As am I. Bought all the Halo 3 map packs right before ODST came out. Couldn't control myself :3

SleepyGlenn
Feb 25th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Aw, I had all the map packs before ODST too.

I scrambled and bought the map pack for the Halo Reach party because I thought we might be playing the maps :S

I did see Tempest in matchmaking quite a few times earlier! ... nobody voted for it. The lure of Rocket Hog Race was all too tempting!

ObamaCat
Feb 25th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I could go on about my Halo experiences (we should expand that to another thread) but personally, biased as I am, I think the map pack was definitely worth 10 bucks.

SleepyGlenn
Feb 26th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I could go on about my Halo experiences (we should expand that to another thread) but personally, biased as I am, I think the map pack was definitely worth 10 bucks.

I think when you play as much Halo as we probably do, you're right. ;-)

ObamaCat
Feb 26th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I really want to get back to Halo but I feel I should get my moneys worth out of Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 first..... Aggh, such is the gamer's tragedy