PDA

View Full Version : Time of year

I The K Train I
Jan 28th, 2011, 04:06 PM
This just dawned on me. I have no idea what time of year it is at this time in We're Alive. Was it mentioned and I just missed it? I mean I would imagine it wouldn't be winter if Pegs and Micheal went to swim to the boat.

Also I think this was mentioned but I forgot. How much time as passed since the first ep?

Any information would be helpful

Cheers

Kc
Jan 28th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Started in May, and we're around August now. The exact day I have somewhere, but not off the top of my head.

I The K Train I
Jan 28th, 2011, 04:15 PM
That's brilliant! Thanks KC.

Ra1th
Jan 28th, 2011, 05:04 PM
well it is southern california, the water might be a little colder in winter, but its not so bad that you cant swim.

so when did this all start, how long have they been surviving for?

StepLaugh
Jan 28th, 2011, 05:30 PM
You guys are crazy, I hate swimming in the Pacific, the Atlantic is much better. West coast water is too cold.

Ra1th
Jan 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
but its sunny here... ALL the time. hahaha i just wish it would rain more often. well california at least

shananala8
Jan 29th, 2011, 01:41 AM
well it is southern california, the water might be a little colder in winter, but its not so bad that you cant swim.

so when did this all start, how long have they been surviving for?

in the first episode, Michael says that the date was May 8th, 2009. Then he totally disses a chick Michael Style. haha

I The K Train I
Jan 29th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Seeing as I'm nowhere near the Pacific and completely surrounded by the Atlantic and have no swimming experience in that ocean what so ever. I'm gonna say the Atlantic is better. Nothing like a bit of freezing cold swimming for the joints!

Brooke Steele
Jan 31st, 2011, 04:48 PM
I used to live in the Bay Area and the Pacific US West coast water is *cold* - it moves south from Alaska, as opposed to the north moving current (along the US East coast) from the Caribbean. I would imagine it is the warm SoCal air temps that making swimming possible in the Pacific, not the temp or the water. Anywho, I think Michael said in the current chapter that they had been in the tower for ~3 months and it was 1 month since he broke his arm. It takes 6 weeks for a bone to heal, so re-breaking won't be too bad.

Angel's foot was also broken around the same time (July), but he doesn't seem to have any trouble running (August). He must be super tough.

Does SoCal even have a winter?

Kc
Jan 31st, 2011, 04:51 PM
I used to live in the Bay Area and the Pacific US West coast water is *cold* - it moves south from Alaska, as opposed to the north moving current (along the US East coast) from the Caribbean. I would imagine it is the warm SoCal air temps that making swimming possible in the Pacific, not the temp or the water. Anywho, I think Michael said in the current chapter that they had been in the tower for ~3 months and it was 1 month since he broke his arm. It takes 6 weeks for a bone to heal, so re-breaking won't be too bad.

Angel's foot was also broken around the same time (July), but he doesn't seem to have any trouble running (August). He must be super tough.

Does SoCal even have a winter?
Gets down to about 40 or 50 F. Not much colder. And Angel didn't break his foot, he just landed on it wrong.

Brooke Steele
Jan 31st, 2011, 05:18 PM
Gets down to about 40 or 50 F. Not much colder. And Angel didn't break his foot, he just landed on it wrong.

ah.

Super cool project KC!

Zombiehead
Feb 3rd, 2011, 06:11 PM
in the first episode, Michael says that the date was May 8th, 2009. Then he totally disses a chick Michael Style. haha
Ever since that episode I've hoped he'd run into her again with entertaining results.

megamanxzero35
Feb 3rd, 2011, 07:41 PM
Ever since that episode I've hoped he'd run into her again with entertaining results.
What if she is behind all of this madness! To get revenge on Michael. The moral of We're Alive, don't be a jerk to girls.

SuperSerge76
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:50 PM
How much time has passed since the beginning of We're Alive.. until now? We're approaching chapter 20 of season two. Are we looking at a few months or what?

nikvoodoo
Mar 20th, 2011, 09:59 PM
The story started in early May. May 8, 2009. The War took place on the night of July 4th into July 5th. Though I don't think it's clear exactly how much time has passed since the end of Chapter 12, I believe they are in the tail end of summer (possibly late August, early September).

timberwoof
Mar 20th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I'm thinking just over a year or right at it.

HaveCrowBarWillTravel
Mar 22nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
Thread Police alert! woo woo woo woo!
See thread "Time of year."

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Mar 22nd, 2011, 01:43 PM
Crowbar is right:
You can find the thread "Time of year" here (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?83-Time-of-year&highlight=time+year).

Next time, please search if your question has already been asked. Especially with such a general one ;)