PDA

View Full Version : The Wiki commeth...

Kc
Jan 28th, 2011, 01:02 PM
So, the forum seems to be on its feet and doing well where it is. Soon to follow: The wiki.

You might ask yourself, WHY? why all the consolidation of this data into certain accessible MySQL Databases? Well, wouldn't it be nice if both systems were tied together and what you do on one, effects the other?
Better system for a better world.
That way also, someone wants to edit the wiki a lot or reference it in a post, they can, and maybe even get reputation points.

These are all objectives, practical application has yet to be determined of HOW we're going to do it, but we're looking into things now.

Kc
Jan 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Also, Old Forum Officially shut its doors today. It's still there, but very hidden.

StepLaugh
Jan 28th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I love the idea of both being integrated. We could recall information about characters alot quickly instead of having to go and listen to a certain episode again. And it would make for accurate predictions.

Kc
Jan 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I love the idea of both being integrated. We could recall information about characters alot quickly instead of having to go and listen to a certain episode again. And it would make for accurate predictions.
Not to mention no one on Wiki, lots on here.

StepLaugh
Jan 28th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah I noticed that, it works off the same account, right?

Kc
Jan 28th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah I noticed that, it works off the same account, right?
Yes! You'll notice a new Wiki button up top now. I need to fix the template. It'll be a few days before the data is imported and integrated into the forum, but it's going to be great once it's there.
It other words, don't press too hard on the buttons since there's nothing there yet.

StepLaugh
Jan 28th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Ooooohhh What does THIS button do?

-DeeDee