PDA

View Full Version : The Great Spam thread purge of 2021 - Sorry about all that-

Kc
Nov 12th, 2021, 08:30 PM
So, I just went through and purged as much as possible from the forum that was spam. It's been a while since I've gone through here, and had a sliver of spare time while watching some TV.

New content is being written now, looking forward to having some starting out in 2022, and for those are you still active on here, which i think there are few, we'll try to keep this all going.

Kc
Nov 12th, 2021, 08:53 PM
Capsha also fixed to prevent more spam adders.

wh33t
Nov 13th, 2021, 07:54 AM
Nice one KC!

I've been doing my best to clear it out whenever I get a notification of new threads. But I was lacking some of the capabilities I'm sure you have. Fingers crossed the Captcha really helps defeat a lot of the automated stuff.

Cheers. Looking forward to the new content!

Kc
Nov 15th, 2021, 11:50 PM
Nice one KC!

I've been doing my best to clear it out whenever I get a notification of new threads. But I was lacking some of the capabilities I'm sure you have. Fingers crossed the Captcha really helps defeat a lot of the automated stuff.

Cheers. Looking forward to the new content!

Hmmm... looks like we got some new spammers after my purge. Easy clean up this time, but I think they may still be getting through. I'll have to keep looking into other options.

DemetriusH
Dec 9th, 2021, 04:46 PM
I'm noticing that too. Won't be too hard to deal with though.

Kc
Mar 9th, 2022, 03:05 PM
Just did ANOTHER purge and fixed the capcha again, also changed the default question. I want to have this place cleaned up in time for any new fans and discussion.

DemetriusH
Oct 7th, 2022, 10:37 AM
Just did ANOTHER purge and fixed the capcha again, also changed the default question. I want to have this place cleaned up in time for any new fans and discussion.

I'm continuing to clean it up for the return of Descendants this October.

Kc
Oct 13th, 2022, 02:26 PM
Did another purge. Hoping to get under the hood and restrict posts and such even further. I've done capcha and all kinds of things and yet they still show up. Hopefully will get ahead of it one day.