PDA

View Full Version : Goldrush Episode 6 - Air Date 8 october 2019 - *Spoilers Allowed*

Witch_Doctor
Oct 8th, 2019, 03:38 AM
So many puns and references! Reef Systems, Inc. How I Met Your Other, Forgiven...

Witch_Doctor
Oct 8th, 2019, 03:56 AM
Gloria is much more inviting to her fortress than CJ was. No blindfolds, they're allowed to wander around and they could get security codes if they stay.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 8th, 2019, 04:02 AM
The women seem to know that the tougher-to-kill infected came from Boulder. Anyone else pick up on this? I wonder how they would know. Maybe they checked ID of the one's they killed and found Boulder addresses. Just spit-balling ideas.

Kc
Oct 8th, 2019, 09:13 AM
The women seem to know that the tougher-to-kill infected came from Boulder. Anyone else pick up on this? I wonder how they would know. Maybe they checked ID of the one's they killed and found Boulder addresses. Just spit-balling ideas.
That's something that's not really included, but there were some previous encounters on the surface after that happened as the survivors were scattering. Gloria gathers intel on the surface from time to time as well. They learn when she's around.

This is one of my favorite episodes. Lots of dynamic audio storytelling that's invisible.

Thezombiereseacher
Oct 8th, 2019, 10:59 AM
IT'S FINE CARL! Flipping CARL. Imagine the red rooms are torture/capture rooms and that's how Gloria gets Intel lol.

Thezombiereseacher
Oct 8th, 2019, 11:00 AM
KC Confirm Gloria is bad once and for all!!!!

Thezombiereseacher
Oct 8th, 2019, 11:15 AM
"Big ol titties and a waist the size of my thigh." they found em boys.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 8th, 2019, 11:46 AM
IT'S FINE CARL! Flipping CARL. Imagine the red rooms are torture/capture rooms and that's how Gloria gets Intel lol.
Or entrances and exits to the outside. Man, these cliffhangers are torture.

Thezombiereseacher
Oct 8th, 2019, 11:50 AM
Or entrances and exits to the outside. Man, these cliffhangers are torture.

Lol just doors in and out. :(

Thezombiereseacher
Oct 8th, 2019, 11:52 AM
Flip man. How do the girls die!!!! Gonna be sad times once we find out.

Witch_Doctor
Oct 8th, 2019, 04:03 PM
It certainly looks like they will meet some sort of bad fate, then again KC is the master of red herrings and surprises.

Litmaster
Oct 8th, 2019, 07:46 PM
Gloria is much more inviting to her fortress than CJ was. No blindfolds, they're allowed to wander around and they could get security codes if they stay.

Yeah, I got from that either

1. Gloria and her crew are totally cannibals who are doing to eat the guys as soon as they sleep, or

2. They're so far out that they're kind of naive from lack of human contact, or

3. This whole show is just a fantasy in Robbins' mind, and we're gonna get a "and then he woke up" ending. At which time I'll strangle Wayland.

Litmaster
Oct 8th, 2019, 07:58 PM
I gotta tell ya, this 'red door' thing is freaking me out. I keep thinking of the folktale, "Bluebeard". Familiar with that one?!

https://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/68/fairy-tales-and-other-traditional-stories/4858/blue-beard/

Basically a chick marries a rich dude, and he leaves her at home, telling her she can go anywhere EXCEPT the room at the end of the hall. Eventually, curiosity gets the better of her and she goes in... only to see the dead bodies of all the former wives of Bluebeard hanging on hooks and shit! I'm telling ya, Gloria is the female Bluebeard!!

Witch_Doctor
Oct 9th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I got from that either

1. Gloria and her crew are totally cannibals who are doing to eat the guys as soon as they sleep, or
This is what the soldiers fear.

2. They're so far out that they're kind of naive from lack of human contact, or
This is likely the case.

3. This whole show is just a fantasy in Robbins' mind, and we're gonna get a "and then he woke up" ending. At which time I'll strangle Wayland.
I'll hold him down for ya. :nik:

Witch_Doctor
Oct 9th, 2019, 12:00 PM
I gotta tell ya, this 'red door' thing is freaking me out. I keep thinking of the folktale, "Bluebeard". Familiar with that one?!

https://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/68/fairy-tales-and-other-traditional-stories/4858/blue-beard/

Basically a chick marries a rich dude, and he leaves her at home, telling her she can go anywhere EXCEPT the room at the end of the hall. Eventually, curiosity gets the better of her and she goes in... only to see the dead bodies of all the former wives of Bluebeard hanging on hooks and shit! I'm telling ya, Gloria is the female Bluebeard!!

I have a hunch that the red doors are accesses to the outside. After the alarm goes off, Gloria tells Anita to meet her at the Hackberry Tunnel entrance. When they meet up, Puck says, "Day one and we're already going past the red door."
Then again, Lady Bluebeard....

Thezombiereseacher
Oct 10th, 2019, 04:04 AM
I have a hunch that the red doors are accesses to the outside. After the alarm goes off, Gloria tells Anita to meet her at the Hackberry Tunnel entrance. When they meet up, Puck says, "Day one and we're already going past the red door."

Ah ok, I didn't catch the "going past the red door" quote. Nice catch.

Litmaster
Oct 11th, 2019, 08:47 PM

YUP! I'm telling ya! They're all DEAD!