PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a suspicion that they never actually get the gold?

wh33t
Sep 20th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Something tells me that single gold bar is all they ever got. I can't wait to find out what happens!

Thezombiereseacher
Sep 22nd, 2019, 01:54 AM
Something tells me that single gold bar is all they ever got. I can't wait to find out what happens!

That's what I was thinking, cause where is it all then. If the gold isn't common knowledge in the colony then it's either hidden where only the higher ups (like cj or Michael) know about or it was never recovered and that's the reason they didn't turn those journals in. If cj knew that they messed up recovering that gold she probably would've been mad af.

wh33t
Sep 22nd, 2019, 08:10 AM
I'm actually curious if those newcomers from Boulder that they pick up in the safe house, can't remember their names right now. I wonder if they end up messing up the plans and stealing the gold for themselves. They know that these soldiers are after something, all the soldiers were drunk, perhaps letting it slip they are after gold, they were also close enough when the soldiers found out about the gold in that safe house they were in. There could be some connection between them and the gold. We'll have to wait and see.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 22nd, 2019, 07:10 PM
My hunch is that they sacrifice the gold for some noble purpose and it is irretrievably lost.

wh33t
Sep 22nd, 2019, 07:33 PM
Agreed.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 23rd, 2019, 08:04 AM
I'm actually curious if those newcomers from Boulder that they pick up in the safe house, can't remember their names right now. I wonder if they end up messing up the plans and stealing the gold for themselves. They know that these soldiers are after something, all the soldiers were drunk, perhaps letting it slip they are after gold, they were also close enough when the soldiers found out about the gold in that safe house they were in. There could be some connection between them and the gold. We'll have to wait and see.
I think you're right. I don't think their roll in the story is over.

bradarro11
Sep 24th, 2019, 01:32 AM
Puck states that Alex’s mum was a secretive woman, not sure who she is yet! Possibly violet (the new comer). There certainly some source of Great Depression which is why she ( Alex’s mum) turned to drugs and OD’d.
I’m assuming the “sacrifice and loss” theory is correct here. There’s no happy stories at the end of the world.