PDA

View Full Version : Goldrush Episode 1 - Air Date 10 September 2019 - *Spoilers Allowed*

Kc
Aug 27th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the next Chapter of We're Alive. Spoilers allowed here.

Witch_Doctor
Aug 28th, 2019, 07:55 AM
Hey hey We're Alive fans! It won't be long now.

Grognaurd
Sep 7th, 2019, 04:44 AM
Hey hey We're Alive fans! It won't be long now.

Tick Tick Tick…

Thezombiereseacher
Sep 8th, 2019, 12:56 AM
Guess I should avoid this place till the last episode releases. So I can binge

Litmaster
Sep 8th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Guess I should avoid this place till the last episode releases. So I can binge

Nah, I can't wait that long. Besides, I want some of that old 2012-2014 fun of trying to predict what is going to happen.

And there better be CROWS!

Thezombiereseacher
Sep 8th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Nah, I can't wait that long. Besides, I want some of that old 2012-2014 fun of trying to predict what is going to happen.

Just thinking about it, not even sure I can wait either.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 9th, 2019, 11:46 AM

The predictions are half the fun.

Kc
Sep 9th, 2019, 09:05 PM

And there better be CROWS! The crows are still alive :)

Paddy78
Sep 10th, 2019, 04:01 AM
I'm really looking forward to this, can only be a few hours left until its out.

silbuzz
Sep 10th, 2019, 04:58 AM
I can't wait 2 more hours!

Merlin1274
Sep 10th, 2019, 06:08 AM
MAN I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! I know what I am doing on my Lunch Break!!! Thanks KC!!

iandav
Sep 10th, 2019, 07:28 AM
Can’t wait, it’ll be worth it though I’m sure of that. So I’m in the UK, it might be the 11th by the time I get it ☹️

Witch_Doctor
Sep 10th, 2019, 08:15 AM
That was better than I anticipated! Loved it. Gonna listen again before I write more. KC, that was a nice touch to dedicate it to NikVoodoo.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 10th, 2019, 09:52 AM
Sergent Hobbs (Hoggs?) sounds like the actor who played the carjacker who tried to steal the car from Datu and Hope.

Merlin1274
Sep 10th, 2019, 10:10 AM
Michael Apologists.. I laughed and had to pause it so I would not miss anything from my laughing... KC has Struck Gold!!!. Love it.. I missed that banter from them guys.. KC keep it coming.. Best stuff on the internet.. Really want this to become a movie or TV show.. As long as it stuck to your script.. I am already jonesing for more.

But quick question. Where at in the time line does this take place or is it a must listen to, to figure it out?

Kc
Sep 10th, 2019, 10:11 AM
That was better than I anticipated! Loved it. Gonna listen again before I write more. KC, that was a nice touch to dedicate it to NikVoodoo.

The whole series is dedicated to him :) And there's one other thing for later.

Litmaster
Sep 10th, 2019, 10:21 AM
Sergent Hobbs (Hoggs?) sounds like the actor who played the carjacker who tried to steal the car from Datu and Hope.

He sounded like Sean to me, but I'd have to go back and listen to do a cross-comparison.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 10th, 2019, 10:54 AM
He sounded like Sean to me, but I'd have to go back and listen to do a cross-comparison.

Ahhh!! You might be right!

IamPaul
Sep 10th, 2019, 11:34 AM

Legit tear and goosebumps at that dedication

IamPaul
Sep 10th, 2019, 11:35 AM
So many, unexpected cameos. Didn't think we'd get anything of the original cast. Ended up getting almost everyone. Glad to be back

j0be
Sep 10th, 2019, 11:47 AM
The whole series is dedicated to him :) And there's one other thing for later.

Oh man, I didn't know that he had passed. I'm horrible about keeping up with Facebook and somehow I never noticed. It's definitely touching that he got a tribute in WA.

To Nick. May your memory live on!

j0be
Sep 10th, 2019, 11:48 AM
I'm definitely having some major nostalgia hearing all the voices I haven't heard in years. Reminds me of the good old days.

Hollomandious
Sep 10th, 2019, 12:18 PM

I thought he sounded kinda like Durai.

cupcakezombie
Sep 10th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Thoughts about travel and distances. Fort Knox is in Kentucky, and driving would still be problematic this close to the outbreak.
Also, although people could have traveled prior to the outbreak, a Virginia drivers license is interesting... Or Kc's first red herring of the season.

Witch_Doctor
Sep 10th, 2019, 04:05 PM
I am curious about the Arena as a training facility. They mention that there are 3 zombies as if they knew that information beforehand. Does anyone else think that the zombies are being kept there by the 'army' for training purposes?

Witch_Doctor
Sep 10th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Thoughts about travel and distances. Fort Knox is in Kentucky, and driving would still be problematic this close to the outbreak.
Also, although people could have traveled prior to the outbreak, a Virginia drivers license is interesting... Or Kc's first red herring of the season.
Yeah, hauling 3000 bars of gold 2000 miles during a zombie outbreak seems like quite an undertaking. Then again, it could have been destined for Fort Knox instead of coming from Fort Knox. Otherwise, the next question would be 'Where were gold thieves taking the gold?'

Thezombiereseacher
Sep 10th, 2019, 04:34 PM
Man. That was incredible.

Thezombiereseacher
Sep 10th, 2019, 04:51 PM
The female voice actor in the beginning sounded like the officer that got her back crushed. Threw me off for a second lol. So, is the arena and the area around it being used as training? How do you even wall in that big of an area? Puck is my favorite character. Miss the others they made a great team.

IamPaul
Sep 10th, 2019, 04:54 PM
I am curious about the Arena as a training facility. They mention that there are 3 zombies as if they knew that information beforehand. Does anyone else think that the zombies are being kept there by the 'army' for training purposes?

That's what I assumed. sounds like it's built up around, sor safety reasons. Like maybe they collect a few to use as training. Could be potential for another spinoff.

molson
Sep 10th, 2019, 04:56 PM
I loved every second of that and can't wait for the rest. It'd incredible how far KC and the series have come since season 1, episode 1. He's putting out something that just has no equal in this kind of format.

I know the discussion is going to be more spread out this time around between here, Facebook, reddit, etc, and this won't have years to build a following, but it's great to see people excited about this and consuming this stuff all together again. I appreciate putting them out weekly instead of the more modern full dump style.

So which episode do we think the musical episode will be? 5? I'm going to say 5.

I wasn't 100% sure on the premise of this going in. I love those 4 guys, but, I didn't know if we were just getting 8-10 episodes of their ball busting and hi-jinks, and I'm still a little confused about the concept of the value of gold at this point. But it looks like there's a deeper story underneath, it's clear that the soldiers themselves aren't super sure why they even want the the gold, and it looks like we'll be getting windows into what the world is like for the survivors now - which is the thing I'm most interested in.

Litmaster
Sep 10th, 2019, 06:10 PM
So, is the arena and the area around it being used as training? How do you even wall in that big of an area?

That was my first thought. Especially with a bunch of decade-old Zed tunnels branching off in all directions from the basement, and a half-blown up infrastructure from past attacks.

But yeah, sounds like they use it as a sort of high-stakes training ground for new recruits to take their 'final exam'... complete with 3 actual Zeds to deal with while they are trying to retrieve an object. Makes sense to me, but I wonder how the Zeds have changed since the days of the first outbreak. I remember Angel bragging at one point how (paraphrasing) 'Dealing with just one zombie ain't nothing to me anymore'... but these trap-setting Zeds seem a bit more intelligent and dangerous than the kind he was talking about back then.

Litmaster
Sep 10th, 2019, 06:13 PM
I loved every second of that and can't wait for the rest. It'd incredible how far KC and the series have come since season 1, episode 1. He's putting out something that just has no equal in this kind of format.

I know the discussion is going to be more spread out this time around between here, Facebook, reddit, etc, and this won't have years to build a following, but it's great to see people excited about this and consuming this stuff all together again. I appreciate putting them out weekly instead of the more modern full dump style.

So which episode do we think the musical episode will be? 5? I'm going to say 5.

I wasn't 100% sure on the premise of this going in. I love those 4 guys, but, I didn't know if we were just getting 8-10 episodes of their ball busting and hi-jinks, and I'm still a little confused about the concept of the value of gold at this point. But it looks like there's a deeper story underneath, it's clear that the soldiers themselves aren't super sure why they even want the the gold, and it looks like we'll be getting windows into what the world is like for the survivors now - which is the thing I'm most interested in.

BTW, it's great to see some old friends here in the Forum again after all this time. Molson, I remember meeting you in LA during the We're Alive Convoy trip years ago now... hope you're doing well, bud. Also good to see Witch Doctor, Cupcake, J0be, and others here. Gives me a case of the nostalgic 'feelies'...

Thezombiereseacher
Sep 10th, 2019, 11:16 PM
4th listen through. I noticed something. When puck is showing off his little museum it was a surprise to see the gold. So I see two options either they don't get the gold or it's hidden away and only the higher ups like cj or Michael know about it.

IamPaul
Sep 11th, 2019, 12:42 AM
4th listen through. I noticed something. When puck is showing off his little museum it was a surprise to see the gold. So I see two options either they don't get the gold or it's hidden away and only the higher ups like cj or Michael know about it.

Or they used gold to expand or for some larger purpose. Which is why one bar is in the museum.

Thezombiereseacher
Sep 11th, 2019, 05:31 AM
Or they used gold to expand or for some larger purpose. Which is why one bar is in the museum.
Ah, I was thinking he held on to the one bar they found and kept it in his mini museum.

IamPaul
Sep 11th, 2019, 05:42 AM
Ah, I was thinking he held on to the one bar they found and kept it in his mini museum.

I'm just basing that theory on anything in the museum is a piece of a more significant event

qreepii
Sep 12th, 2019, 06:29 PM
Hot DAMN! does it feel good to be HOME! Thank You KC. Episode 1 instantly brought me back to a very happy place. Glad to see everyone else returning for the weekly debate as well.

COsurvivor
Sep 12th, 2019, 10:08 PM
been a long time since I last have posted... Loving this newest story! Was ecstatic when I heard some of the old favorites including SAUL... can't wait till next week. Curious if this will broaden into a different group as it's "17 years later".

gman
Sep 13th, 2019, 07:41 PM
Long time lurker here. I knew Nikvoodo talked about health issues, but I hadn't heard he passed. That sucks!!! His podcast was great, and I know he has a small kid. On a lighter note, KC was trolling with the musical. I thought he finally gave in. I'm curious if anything will come up with the arena later on. Kinda like talking about the loaded gun on the wall, or a nuke under Boulder, Co. Hearing the zombies setting traps could led to more, or even unearthing the big one from the end of the original series. Although it was probably killed with the cave in.

Devilish Pizza
Sep 17th, 2019, 03:17 AM
I just saw that there's a map of Westport in 2026 n Instagram.
Does anyone know where we might be able to find a higher res version?
I’d love to dive into it 😬😬

Witch_Doctor
Sep 17th, 2019, 05:15 AM
We finally get the answer to the We're Alive version of Calvin & Hobbes' Noodle Incident. AKA how Victor lost the trust of the soldiers.

Thezombiereseacher
Sep 17th, 2019, 07:56 AM
We finally get the answer to the We're Alive version of Calvin & Hobbes' Noodle Incident. AKA how Victor lost the trust of the soldiers.

I was just about to comment on that. Man these were some golden episodes.
Wonder what other secrets were left out of the official story. wonder what the higher ups like cj, micheal, etc. Are hiding