PDA

View Full Version : Kalani on WND

Britt
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Love him? Hate him? Why?

It's short notice, but tonight we'll be talking about Kalani on We're Not Dead. We even have a Kalani fanboy joining us! If you want your comment read on the show, let us know what you think about the pilot from Hawaii. Just post below :)

G3GabeL
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I want him dead, I was thinking he should get bitten then Burt kills him to add some irony to the show...

jamman39
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Nobody loves Kalani, but then I don't think anyone liked Angel, Datu, or Kelly in the beginning either. I'm sure by the end of the season there'll be a lot of Kalani fans.

Kalani related question for the show: When Kalani got to the tower he told Michael that the zombies in LA weren't as mean as the ones in Hawaii. What do you think that means? Are the zombies really different there?

jamman39
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:47 PM
ps if Kalani were an ice cream flavor he'd be jamocha almond idiot

I The K Train I
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:48 PM
I dislike him but I don't hate him. I posted in the forum earlier saying that I think the last episode was a turning point for his character.

I do feel that the more and more himself and Angel stay in the field I think he will come out of his shell more.

On the note of disliking him, he is a massive dick for playing possum in the arena. Poor Samantha died because he did. I don't believe he was sick at all. He seemed capable once he saw Angel and Riley save Datu.

On a note of not hating him. I like his voice, the acting here is superb. He is also a funny character. The part in 18-1 where he suggested the plan and said that he will help anyway he can (because he is morbidly obese, im assuming he is that fat).

(sorry if some of this doesn't make sense. It's 1am and I'm on the iPod)

NashKnowsBest
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:58 PM
He is massive dick, but I think that theres more than meets the eye... Like every other character in the show. In Mass Effect terms we need to go on a Loyalty quest with him before we judge... To be honest I think that is taking place in the show now.

siranthon
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I Think he will become a character that we will love to hate but the character has not developed to that stage yet... also Kalani might be the traitor not because I do not like him but he does not seem all that trustable so far, he is a mischievous sob to my eyes... ears.

megamanxzero35
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Kalani certainly isn't at the top of my most loved list but I don't think he is the traitor most of us are thinking he is. He is going to turn into this season's Kelly imo.

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Kalani...I mean what kind of name is that!

He's the new Kelly, but FAT!

He might come in handy one day if they need a plane, but other than that I don't see a good use for him. Really!

Britt
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:04 PM
He is massive dick, but I think that theres more than meets the eye... Like every other character in the show. In Mass Effect terms we need to go on a Loyalty quest with him before we judge... To be honest I think that is taking place in the show now.

+100 cool points for a perfect Mass Effect reference!

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:07 PM

You're my new best friend!

sdkmcqueen
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:16 PM
He's the new Kelly, but FAT!

And a dude, but who's keeping track? I personally think that he is untrustworthy. I have a feeling he might try to ditch skittles and angel to save his own douche-baggy skin.

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:24 PM
And a dude, but who's keeping track? I personally think that he is untrustworthy. I have a feeling he might try to ditch skittles and angel to save his own douche-baggy skin.

I don't know about that, cause without them two he wouldn't last that long at all.

I was joking about the fat part.

sdkmcqueen
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I know. And he could very well be fat. He sure as hell cant run for shit. I dont know, he might be craftier then we give him credit for. He did miraculously recover in the arena when rescue showed up. But I'm not writing the podcast so what do I know?

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I know. And he could very well be fat. He sure as hell cant run for shit. I dont know, he might be craftier then we give him credit for. He did miraculously recover in the arena when rescue showed up. But I'm not writing the podcast so what do I know?

I'm pretty sure Angel called him fat a few times. I might be wrong. But you could say he was just being quite in the shadows cause he was a coward. But then again if thats what it takes to survive. Then I would do it too.

ObamaCat
Jan 25th, 2011, 07:16 PM
To be honest I think a lot of people unnecessarily hate on Kalani. I mean I can't say that I'm a huge fan of him, and I think Samantha would have been a much more compelling character to keep around, but I think that deep down he might possess some potential. I think that he could end up repaying Angel for not leaving him behind, but that's pretty unlikely.

DexterJackel
Jan 25th, 2011, 09:02 PM
He reminds me of Big Phazek (sp) from season 2 of the Tester. And that guy was a total douche.

Spud
Jan 25th, 2011, 09:25 PM
i give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll come through for something
i mean he's got the plan to kill the big one by smashing it with the roof. so he's not a total waste of space

Britt
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all of the responses. Keep 'em coming if you have more to say!
On that note... (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/entry.php?4-Technical-Difficulties-ARE-THE-SUCK.)

Hollomandious
Jan 26th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I've always felt that he sounds a lot like Richard Belzer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Belzer

RamblinMike
Jan 26th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Kalani isn't stupid, exactly. When it comes to intelligence, he'd be very smart if he'd just learn to listen. The Hummer incident was a wake-up call, so maybe he will learn.

Kalani's real problem isn't that he's dumb or annoying, it's that he's a coward. Everything he's said and done so far has been in his own interest. He played possum at the Arena; he tried like hell to stop Angel from dropping off Latch's body ("You're risking our lives just to do some stupid favor?" "Couldn't you just lie and say you did it?"); he tried to leave the MRE's behind when the two "kid zombies" were stalking them, he tried to force Skittles to come to the tower so they could milk him for intel; finally, he tried to convince Angel to go back to the tower rather than returning for the MRE's. I doubt he was the traitor who called the Mallers, but he's a patent coward.

By the way, if you think Kalani was just sick at the Arena... I guess anything's possible, but considering the way he's acted since his rescue, we can at least say he's the sort of character who would play possum. Doesn't hold up in a court of law, but in a court of literature? You bet.

Hoss
Jan 27th, 2011, 07:30 PM
ps if Kalani were an ice cream flavor he'd be jamocha almond idiot

That's got to be the funniest thing I've heard all week!

jiwasz
Jan 29th, 2011, 04:14 PM
No doubt Kalani is a grating gelatinous coward, but I don't think the show is going to use him for zombie chum anytime soon. He clearly gets a reaction from the viewers. Drama needs a foil to add friction. The main characters have had to deal with zombies, the Mallers and Bill. Removing Bill removed internal fighting. Kalani is the show's next Bill. Secondarily, he is a pilot which leaves open potenial exciting plot opportunities. Every good story needs characters who invoke the audience's ire. As much as I'd like to see him fall in a pit of zombified clowns, I approve of his presence.

Dtran
Feb 6th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I dislike the guy, but i have a feeling he will be part of a great escape in the storyline as he sacrifices himself. yes!

nikvoodoo
Oct 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM
*blows off the dust*

So nice to visit old friends.....

This thread is reopened as of....NOW! Kevin Flood is going to be visit his friends at WND once again to take about life, love and.....I dunno.....I made up the first two already and couldn't think of a third.

Got a question for Kalani? Want to know his thoughts of the production? his Character? What he would do to/with Scratch if he was alone with her in the same room? Ask it here, and we might ask it to him!

Luna Guardian
Oct 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Will we see our favorite hawaian flyboy in the future?

abayarts
Oct 20th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Will we ever run into a friend or family of Kalani?

Cabbage Patch
Oct 20th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Who is Hannah? Did K.C. give you any hints that you can share?

What can you tell us about the zombies in Hawaii? How were they different from the ones in LA?

Is the Hawaiian Airlines plane that crash-landed at LAX the one that Kalani flew?