PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive .edu Discussion

Ike
May 13th, 2017, 03:13 AM
Because this story is still fairly fresh, and because like any writer, I appreciate feedback, I thought I would offer a place for readers to give some feedback on the story so far.

If you have any ideas, or opinions, or maybe just say what you dislike, or maybe like about how it is progressing, please feel free to say so.

Maybe you have a favorite character, or one you can't stand, or maybe a character you would like to see introduced, anything is on the table. I have an idea where the story is going, but that does not rule out additional items or characters.

Though this may never be picked up as one of the stories KC and the crew decide to adopt, I would like to think that it is at least something entertaining until they get finished with their next project.

So yea, this thread is open for whatever anyone has to say. Thank you in advance,

Ike

Ike
May 18th, 2017, 11:25 AM
I've split the group up, so that readers can get a chance to know Ellie. Her personality has been a bit subdued, basically to allow the rest of the characters to show who they are. It is time for Ellie to shine a little, and I hope you can grow to like her.

Ike
May 19th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Well, I hope you like where this is going, the next few parts will be a lot more psychological, but I think its important to make the zombie apocalypse feel real mentally as well as just a fascinating background for adventure.

Osiris
May 19th, 2017, 01:44 PM
​Keep doing you, man. It's good.

Ike
May 19th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Thank you, you have no idea how much it means to get feedback

Osiris
May 22nd, 2017, 09:18 AM
Thank you, you have no idea how much it means to get feedback

As a fellow writer, I understand perfectly.

Ike
May 30th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Escaped prisoners, a second evacuation site, video streaming of her journey, and scooters...

Ike
Jun 3rd, 2017, 11:26 PM
Part ten is up. ***TRIGGER WARNING*** This part contains some graphic descriptions and strong language.

Ike
Jun 4th, 2017, 02:56 AM
Since Ellie has access to the internet, if anyone would like to leave a message or encouragement, advice, or anything, please do so here, and she will receive them and reply in the story. (I thought that might be a fun way to make it interactive)

Ike
Jun 8th, 2017, 12:25 AM
Things turn ugly, blood is spilled, and Ellie find herself running in abject terror...

It only takes a moment for everything to go from peaceful to horrific. Ellie gets video of the reality of life in the zombie apocalypse.

If you would like to leave messages to her, which will be reacted to in the story, feel free to reply.

Ike
Jun 12th, 2017, 08:33 PM
A little shorter post this time, lifes really hectic. Ellie's feeling the reality of her situation, and there is no hope in sight. I don't know if anyone is still reading, or likes the story, but feel free to say if you do or don't.

Ike
Jun 19th, 2017, 09:50 AM
I had intended to post the next part of the story by now, but the apartment tower fire in London closely mirrored part of what I was writing, and I felt it was just too soon, and made the decision to hold the post for a little while. I hope anyone reading can understand. Thank you

Ike
Aug 15th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Just curious to anyone reading .edu, what do you think so far? Any ideas? Any recommendations?

Nibiki
Aug 15th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Just curious to anyone reading .edu, what do you think so far? Any ideas? Any recommendations?

I have only read the first two chapters so far, but I like where you have it heading. Occasionally it feels like you go into too much detail when it isn't really needed and slightly detracts from the story. Or maybe you've written it that was for future plots of the story and I just haven't gotten far enough into the story line yet. Hmm. Keep up your writing and thanks for sharing with us.

Ike
Aug 15th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. Pacing is a tricky thing. The addition of detail can paint a picture of an event or character, and yes, it does slow down the progress, but it also adds flavor to it, so that the characters and events feel more real. I think so, at least. Thank you again, and please enjoy, more to come.

Ike
Dec 2nd, 2017, 09:45 AM
Well, this chapter brings Ellie to Sanctuary. If enough people are interested, I will continue the story with events that happen after Sanctuary falls, and the gang are forced to head off on their own. Thank you for reading We're Alive .edu, and thank you for any feedback you offer.