PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Movies

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Ok, I had to ask this, but what's your favorite zombie movies?

Mine, gosh this is seriously a hard one, but Zombie Strippers has to be my favorite ;)

But seriously. I really love ANYTHING George A. Romero does.

His newest ones are okay, but still great zombie movies.

http://sgnewwave.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/28_days_later.jpg

One of my all time favorite 28 DAYS LATER!!!

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Zombieland, without doubt.
It's not too serious, but it's just great to chill on the couch with a few friends, get a few beers and just enjoy the heck of it.

I love the various jokes (like the rules explained in the beginning of the movie, the "Zombie-kill of the week", etcetera), and it doesn't try too hard to be funny - it's just well executed and pure entertaining.
By the way, did anyone notice that every time Tallahassee was looking for twinkies, they were right there - hidden on the screen - but just out of sight for the characters?

Also, while it's not a real movie, The Walking Dead was great apart from the series' final episode. But the original had the same problem, so I don't blame 'em.

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:52 AM
By the way, did anyone notice that every time Tallahassee was looking for twinkies, they were right there - hidden on the screen - but just out of sight for the characters?

OMG I need to watch it again.

Also every time I put my girlfriend's hair behind her ear I just crack up and she just looks at me XD

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:13 AM
They're hidden pretty well, but it's fun to look for them. I saw one the first time I saw the movie, and the second time I paid more attention to finding them which lead to encountering a few more.
Good luck searching, enjoy the search :)

Spud
Jan 25th, 2011, 11:44 AM
thats awesome im gonna look for them too.

i have to agree with steplaugh movie wise i LOVE all of Romero's movies even his new survival of the dead movie i enjoyed a lot

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM
thats awesome im gonna look for them too.

i have to agree with steplaugh movie wise i LOVE all of Romero's movies even his new survival of the dead movie i enjoyed a lot

I don't think I've seen that one, Diary of the Dead was pretty interesting.

TCM Revolver
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:26 PM
All time best (imho) 28 days later. that one had me on the edge of my seat!! But you gotta love Zland!

StepLaugh
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:37 PM
All time best (imho) 28 days later. that one had me on the edge of my seat!! But you gotta love Zland!

That's the one "Zombie" movie i can watch over and over again and still love it!

sdkmcqueen
Jan 25th, 2011, 05:42 PM
+1 for 28 days later. I didnt even know that was a zombie movie until like 2 years after it came out when I picked it up in a movie store and read the description. Needless to say it really set me on my way to loving all things zombie.

Spud
Jan 25th, 2011, 08:45 PM
I don't think I've seen that one, Diary of the Dead was pretty interesting.

here is the trailer for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd6JhPY1ij0

Walrusgus
Jan 25th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Yes. Diary of the Dead surprised me a lot. It was really good though. My favourite zombie(esque) movie would be 28 Weeks Later. The first ten minutes are probably my favourite opening to a film and Robert Carlyle is in it! The original Dawn of the Dead and the remake are also really good. I like that the Zack Snyder remake has Ty Burrell from Modern Family in it.

StepLaugh
Jan 26th, 2011, 04:37 AM
here is the trailer for it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd6JhPY1ij0

Looks like it has low production value, but I'm totally checking it out!

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Jan 26th, 2011, 10:48 AM
The Crazies is really good too by the way.
I've seen it yesterday and it was better than I expected. Also loved the final few seconds of the movie.
I really recommend it :)

Haven't seen 28 Days Later - I'll see if I can check it out this weekend.

Onslaught
Jan 29th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I've seen it yesterday and it was better than I expected. Also loved the final few seconds of the movie.

If I were you I wouldn't see it unless you want to watch it just because it was a sequel and you want to watch the entire series. I was disappointed in it, I'll try not to spoil it for you but I really believe they could have done so much better on it. And on that note does anyone know where I can get the music thats always playing on it. I looked but I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance

TCM Revolver
Jan 29th, 2011, 03:28 PM

That is a must see for Zombie Flicks. Really good plot and great characters.

StepLaugh
Jan 29th, 2011, 05:27 PM

I honestly thought the crazies was a pile of crap, it was an awesome idea, but they had no build up, the story went too fast, and it didn't flow good.

It looked like a video game movie, that's the only reason I kinda somewhat not really liked it.

StepLaugh
Jan 29th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Also the neat thing about 28 days later is that it's not technically a zombie movie, more of an infection movie, but I still love it to death.

cycogod
Jan 29th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Night of the Living Dead - old school version . Dawn of the dead ( BOTH versions) Day of the Dead (just the old one). 28 days / 28 weeks later - great flixs... Evil Dead Movies (kinda zombies) kinda of a tough question after that? it kinda sucks but alot of the zombie movies are low budget ,cheesy fluff. Anybody got any to check out???

Hikaro
Feb 6th, 2011, 04:54 AM
28 days later without a doubt. It manages to gave zombies, but somehow not make them the main part of the plot.
28 weeks later however would be my least favorite zombie movie.

StepLaugh
Feb 6th, 2011, 02:29 PM
28 days later without a doubt. It manages to gave zombies, but somehow not make them the main part of the plot.
28 weeks later however would be my least favorite zombie movie.

That sucks about 28 weeks later. Do you think it's your least favorite cause you had high hopes?

Hikaro
Feb 7th, 2011, 04:07 AM
I don't really remember... I suppose that's a possibility, 28 days did set the bar rather high. Maybe one day I will give it another try, If I have a couple hours to spare.

mascaria
Feb 7th, 2011, 07:37 AM
White Zombie. I'm a zombie purist though.

msupifrens
Feb 16th, 2011, 12:57 AM
My favorite Zombie Movie is The Night of the Living Dead. It was the best zombie movie i have ever seen.

TexasPatriot
Mar 5th, 2011, 03:39 AM
My oldest son and I love Zombieland, we still watch it once a week out of mere principle. Also my entire family tuned in for every episode of The Walking Dead, and it was great to watch my wife dig it, of course she was MUCH more wrapped up in the love triangle part of the story...Who'd figure. And last but not least, I Am Legend, of course loosely based on The Omega Man, which is one of my all-time favorites..PERIOD

ObamaCat
Mar 6th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I just watched 28 days later for the first time this weekend. Wow. New favorite for me.

Brent
Apr 6th, 2011, 03:56 PM
A movie you guys might want to check out is Sick and The Dead, it was made here in SC it really cheesey, a very low budget but still pretty good if you love all things Zombie heres the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf-HM4hRPao low "not sure if the only reason i like i so much is because it was made in my home state lol"

Joosbawx
Apr 12th, 2011, 04:20 AM
how can this thread have gotten this far without anyone at least mentioning Shawn of the Dead?

whew, okay...that was close. you may not realize it immediately, but we will all sleep better now that it has been mentioned. trust me.

fairyfartz
Apr 27th, 2011, 12:03 PM
If anyone's interested AAAHHH Zombies is on chiller tonight at 8pm eastern. 4/27/11.
Looks cheesy but most are, lol.

fraggot
Apr 27th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Here's my list of classics people should view with their eyes

Night of the Living Dead(original or remake)
Return of the Living Dead(cheesy but great)
Day of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Fido
Dead Alive
Zombieland
Dawn of the Dead(original and remake, I enjoyed them both)
Plan 9 from Outer Space(only cause it's so bad, it's a classic)
Zombi 2

Drew227598
May 28th, 2011, 11:25 PM

Which "The Crazies"? The first one or the new one?

smalls kenobi
May 30th, 2011, 04:04 PM
my favorite Runnig zombie movie is 28 Days.
favorite slow-ish moving zombie movie is The Return of the Living Dead

this is the trailer to this indie movie from New Zealand called The Last of the Living, i usually shy away from low budget Zombie movies but this one was actually good.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDswj4WlyGs

Oh! and the Worst Zombie movie I've ever seen was called Automaton Transfusion.

Jeebogs
May 30th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Wow, where do I start!?
Top of the list has got to be the original Dawn of the dead (as a kid I loved the idea of having a whole shopping mall to myself!) and a close second, Night of the living dead, mainly due to it being the first one I ever saw.
There are so many different types of Z-movie, Shaun of the dead standing out along with Zombieland, Return of the Living Dead, 28days/weeks. I liked the 2008 Day of the dead.

Has anyone seen The Zombie Diaries? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5P5bX3H80) Brilliant Blair witch style Z-movie (shot in the town I live in) and soon to be released sequel World of the Dead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNQQrBWrfMQ)

7oddisdead
Jun 2nd, 2011, 11:26 PM
Automatron transfusion.... Wow that was horrible
One that is a little on the "artsy" side but I found to be completely amazing is the vanguard... And nobody has mentioned dead and breakfast. American shawn of the dead

Kunja
Jun 4th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Also the neat thing about 28 days later is that it's not technically a zombie movie, more of an infection movie, but I still love it to death.

call me crazy but, I lump movies like that in with zombie flix... also those alien movies where people loose their idenity... like The Thing and Invasion of The Body Snatchers... which freaks the hell out of me....
but my favorite strait-up zombie flix is Return of the Living Dead... there is so many easter eggs in that movie that its fun to try and catch them.... after watching that I would chase my exwife around the house saying "Tina, Let Me Eat Your BRAIN"
she hated it... freaked her out... may be a reason why we're divorced now :P

Survivor
Jun 6th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Shaun of the Dead - it's bloody rocks!

Blood & Ice Cream
Jun 16th, 2011, 04:29 AM
plenty of new zombie movies coming this year!

War of the Dead - WII zombies vs soldiers
Zone 261 - looks interesting this one, Swedish movie, cracking trailer on youtube
28 Months Later - unfortuntely appears to further dilute the '28 days later' franchise
Eaters - Italian zombie movie
Zombiefied - mmm infection by internet download, budget
Ninja Zombies - don't ask...
Deadheads - another don't ask...
Habeas Corpus - never french kiss a zombie!
Zone of the Dead - another euro budget
The Dead - set in Africa
Eaters - Italian zombie movie

personal fav's are 'Shawn of the Dead', the original 'Dawn of the Dead' and the remake of 'Night of the Living Dead'

Nevermatter
Jun 16th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Gotta go with the original Dawn of the Dead, it was filmed at my local mall and I love the the psychological aspects of it. Also there is and Australian movie called Undead that is pretty freaking awesome. It has maybe the best zombie movie character ever (Marion, played by Mungo Mckay).

Osiris
Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:40 PM
This looks... not terrible. Reminds me of 28 Days/Weeks Later and a little of Evil Dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mJQNDv2X1Q

HardKor
Jul 3rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
One movie I like, if only because its full of cheesy goodness and is a blatant rip off is called "Flight of the Living Dead"
Its a blatant rip off of "Snakes on a Plane" but with zombies!

Osiris
Jul 3rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
One movie I like, if only because its full of cheesy goodness and is a blatant rip off is called "Flight of the Living Dead"
Its a blatant rip off of "Snakes on a Plane" but with zombies!

True story. It was definitely taking the piss on Snakes on a Plane, but it was definitely fun. I laughed a lot through it... probably one of the goofier 'serious' zombie flicks.

Luna Guardian
Jul 4th, 2011, 12:41 AM
In no particular order:

Dawn of the Dead remake
28 Days Later (The Finns save the day!)
Shawn of the Dead
Zombie Strippers
Zombieland
Resident Evil (the first one)

Osiris
Jul 4th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Gotta go with the original Dawn of the Dead, it was filmed at my local mall and I love the the psychological aspects of it. Also there is and Australian movie called Undead that is pretty freaking awesome. It has maybe the best zombie movie character ever (Marion, played by Mungo Mckay).

Undead was pretty awesome!

I really can't pick just one, but if I'm being forced to... I really loved the Dawn of the Dead remake. Visually it was very pretty to look at.

JusticePain
Sep 12th, 2011, 01:01 PM
28 Days was very good, but I really liked Dead Air and Dead Man Walking the one made in 2005

CaseyJones
Sep 12th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Without doubt I would back up the claim of 'Zombieland'. I could watch it over and over. Everything from Bill Murray's cameo, to Tallahassee telling Little Rock that she's royally p!!sed him off and he's not going to play with her at Pacific Playland. Absolutely great movie.
As a second though, I loved 'Shaun Of The Dead'. What do you do in a Zombie Apocalypse? Head for the pub of course!
(out of curiosity, I wonder if anyone recalls a low budget Aussie movie called 'Bad Taste', with two guys hunting Zombies in a Ford Capri? Gross but hillarious!)

Jon Jasper
Sep 14th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Here's my list. I kind of lump Zombies & Infection together. I like my Zombie movies to be scary. The humor in Zombieland was awesome though so I had to include that one. I have a tough time with the low budget /Comedy Zombie movies unless I'm really _____....lol

28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Zombieland
Dawn of the Dead(Re-Make)
Land of the Dead (I think I might be the only one who enjoyed this movie)
Quarintine
Carriers (Not really a zombie movie but still interesting)
I am Legend (Didn't like the CG in this but it was still good)
Crazies (New One)

zorakid
Sep 21st, 2011, 08:27 AM
I haven't seen that many, but my favorite is definitely the remake of Dawn of the Dead. Zombie land and 28 Days later are both very very good.
I'm a big fan of Zombie survival adventure and what not. But I really hate it when the characters act completely illogical just so the plot can progress to a certain life threatening situation.

I'd love to see a zombie movie where the characters are smart and work together to survive. And I know Zombie land sort of does it and that's why I like it. But I'm talking about a serious zombie movie like Dawn of the Dead(remake) but with realistic and logical thinking characters that successfully survive. The movie should focus on the clever things they do build a safe haven or making the rational move by sacrificing a dumb character. The we're alive story goes to mention several survival strategies or practical knowledge and tricks that I'd love to see play out in a movie. We should start having some "smart" survival zombie films instead of just shock and gore along with stupid characters.

gaijinpunk
Sep 21st, 2011, 07:49 PM
In no particular order.

Night of the Living Dead (both)
Dawn of the Dead (both)
Day of the Dead (both)
Zombieland
Shaun of the Dead
The Horde
Resident Evil (all. even the total CGI's)

usmcludwig
Sep 22nd, 2011, 07:46 PM
The Dawn of the Dead remake was a fuckin master piece. Zach Snyder did an amazing job with it. Not to mention DAWN OF THE DEAD 2 IS BEING TALKED OVER!!! And it is a no-shit SEQUEL of the 1st- not a spin off with new 100% new characters.

The way the zombies looked (fresh and decrepit with time) was in my opinion ON POINT- the way they SHOULD look in a movie (as well as real life if it ever happens)

Next would be the French horror- The Horde- surprisingly a great movie- hard for me to say "great" and "French" in the same sentence- but it truly was.

Night of the Living Dead comes in 3rd- George Romero is the shit.

And then the 28 days/weeks later films- pretty amazingly well done- especially weeks

werewolf
Jun 23rd, 2012, 07:39 PM
here is another zombie movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=obo2dqdlSDk

ClearSights
Jun 23rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
Man, very little love for the Resident Evil series. I love them all. However 28 days later / 28 weeks later comes in a close second

Osiris
Jun 23rd, 2012, 10:56 PM
here is another zombie movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=obo2dqdlSDk

Watched this a couple weeks ago. It was... meh. Starts really strong and then sort of dies out.

However...

This:
http://vimeo.com/15247156

AWESOME flick. Watched it this afternoon. Really well done.

sheilaaellis44
Jun 27th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Zombieland that was a good movie. However the most famous zombie movie for me is Resident Evil. They known since they a lot of series and movie to come over. Very interesting and exciting movie of all zombie movie.

Osiris
Jun 28th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Zombieland that was a good movie. However the most famous zombie movie for me is Resident Evil. They known since they a lot of series and movie to come over. Very interesting and exciting movie of all zombie movie.

I liked Zombieland. It was fun, I guess. Wasn't a big fan of the casting of Michael Cera Jr. I think they could have gone a different direction and had it work just as well. Have to admit though, the surprise 'cameo' near the end was fantastic!