PDA

View Full Version : We're Alive may be looking for some...

Kc
Aug 6th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Writers! Not for another audio drama, I still have my focus on those and the medium, but I am looking for writers to expand upon the universe in more book form. I'm writing this here on the forum first and sort of a pre-announcement before the rest of social media and all the details get worked out. The way I'm looking at it, and this might change as we work out the details, is that I would work closely with a writer developing stories that don't necessarily make great audio dramas, but could help fill in more details of the series.

The writer would essentially work hand and hand with myself but what's written essentially is owned by the company. The reason for that is because otherwise it would split the IP (intellectual property), and could limit future series. You know how all those certain characters can't be in other franchises? Yeah, that stuff. But, the system that I want to work out is that the writer would essentially get a deal on the backend which would give them a % of the profits. In the long run, as long as the book sells, they get a percentage. In all, I think everyone wins.

I'm going to be opening it up as open submission thing. I've worked with a variety of writers in the past and find it's difficult to find someone that can capture the essence of one of the characters. It's exceedingly difficult to find someone who can write Burt, and sound like him. I need to find writers who understand who everyone is, and in some instances be able to help write their backstories and future stories. Burt is only an example, but I'd open it up to any character that someone wants to write about. The parameters would be something like 5 pages max, can be a scene or scenes and uses characters I already created.

Also, I need to address this in terms of the content, I'm not interested in taking ideas, or trying to change something drastically in the existing canon. Simple example, in your submission don't try to change the rules of infection or origins. I don't want to see alterations to the zombies either other than what was introduced in the story. The reason I say that was there was a thread I read some time ago about a flying version. Unless one is a pilot... they won't fly ;)

The core of the submission needs to be a good scene or scenes that work together. I look at We're Alive like a balance of exposition, action, adventure, mystery, fun, and reality (heartbreaking at it may be). Don't try to cram an entire book into 5 pages either, I want it to be almost it's own short chapter. Has to have at least one character, and they gotta do something.

And of course, any submissions would have to release any idea rights, in case it coincides with something we already have planned in place. I left a lot of seeds for side-stories, and we have clever fans, I have no doubt some of their ideas are going to be similar to what I might already have planned. But, this way we won't get sued later.

Like I said, it's a working idea. What are your thoughts?

MrRedBeard
Aug 6th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Holy crap man! That is an announcement!

Behemothbel1296
Aug 6th, 2016, 10:17 PM
I think that this is an excellent idea, and can not wait to see what comes of it. Very exciting!

KPCoyote
Aug 8th, 2016, 11:56 AM
I LOVE IT! Thank you for the opportunity! I can't wait to see who ultimately gets chosen to help carry your vision forward.

jenroy
Aug 12th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Great and where can the 5 pages be submitted to? Thanks

jenroy
Aug 12th, 2016, 07:25 AM
Ok sounds great. Bottom line is be creative, use a character from We're Alive, create a scene and don't embellish. Max 5 5 pages. So where can we send the submission?

Osiris
Aug 12th, 2016, 04:39 PM
I'm just saying...

werewolf
Aug 13th, 2016, 06:43 PM
I do have part of angels private journal that I wrote a bit ago.

jenroy
Aug 25th, 2016, 04:42 AM
Can you let me know where to send my final submission?

Osiris
Aug 25th, 2016, 12:22 PM
I was recently informed that all information will be made available as soon as the legalities are ironed out. Tricky things, those pesky IPs..

Empentrol
Aug 25th, 2016, 01:53 PM
ya

Windsor995
Aug 25th, 2016, 04:36 PM
That is a great idea

KPCoyote
Aug 27th, 2016, 04:53 AM
Now if I could just get the time to write.

Osiris
Aug 27th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Now if I could just get the time to write.

If you've got time to post, you've got time to write. If you've got time to breathe, you've got time to write. I'm literally quitting my day job to write.

KPCoyote
Aug 27th, 2016, 08:49 PM
If you've got time to post, you've got time to write. If you've got time to breathe, you've got time to write. I'm literally quitting my day job to write.

I think my wife would string me up if I did that Osiris. But I am happy that you are taking the plunge.

Osiris
Aug 28th, 2016, 12:19 AM
I think my wife would string me up if I did that Osiris. But I am happy that you are taking the plunge.

My boss was pissed, but I work for myself so it was super easy to smooth over. I bought a six-pack, and a steak. All was forgiven. I'm pretty sure I'll take me back if necessary.

KPCoyote
Aug 29th, 2016, 05:38 PM
My boss was pissed, but I work for myself so it was super easy to smooth over. I bought a six-pack, and a steak. All was forgiven. I'm pretty sure I'll take me back if necessary.

Don't expect a pay raise.

Osiris
Aug 29th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Don't expect a pay raise.

Oh, don't you worry. I've got a real shit job lined up for that jerk if he ever comes back.

KPCoyote
Aug 31st, 2016, 09:08 PM
Oh, don't you worry. I've got a real shit job lined up for that jerk if he ever comes back.

You are a funny one Osiris.

Thezombiereseacher
Sep 7th, 2016, 01:12 AM
Wow that sounds interesting

Thezombiereseacher
Sep 7th, 2016, 01:54 AM
So the stories would be in a novel form not like a script

Wolvenwood
Sep 21st, 2016, 09:13 AM
Is this still a thing? I think it would be fun, but I'd like to know that KC has opened up the pipeline for submissions.

Osiris
Sep 21st, 2016, 10:34 AM
Is this still a thing? I think it would be fun, but I'd like to know that KC has opened up the pipeline for submissions.

Last I asked Kc about was still very much a thing. I don't see that changing unless something drastic happens, or the legal aspects prove too great a hassle to be worthwhile.

Kc
Sep 21st, 2016, 10:35 PM
It's still a thing. Working on some stuff behind the scenes for the #wa50mil campaign, finishing up Kickstarter rewards, and working on a big audio drama project that has yet to be talked about much... and also trying to get some infrastructure stuff going again and updated like the app and the store upgrade.

Once I can tick a few of those off my list, this is the next one I'll tackle. I'm very much still in the game on this... and it'd be more novel types, not audio dramas. I have a very special way I like them formatted, and a bit more experience than most in writing AD content. It's my baby, you know. But I'm willing to share the space in other mediums, which is one of the big reasons.

KPCoyote
Sep 22nd, 2016, 12:47 AM
When you say "very special way I like them formatted," I can't help wondering what you're seeing in your head.

I am also interested to know what KC means by this.

Kc
Sep 22nd, 2016, 09:32 PM
Cool. Thanks for the quick and kind responses. Looks like I have a little time to put something together.

No prob.

When you say "very special way I like them formatted," I can't help wondering what you're seeing in your head.

Well how something is done, the action of any audio drama, requires a certain type of setup in order to be clear. And dialogue, is very complex when it's the main component. Few writers can translate that well without issues. I'm not perfect, but far better than a lot I've heard.

Osiris
Sep 22nd, 2016, 11:29 PM
No prob.

Well how something is done, the action of any audio drama, requires a certain type of setup in order to be clear. And dialogue, is very complex when it's the main component. Few writers can translate that well without issues. I'm not perfect, but far better than a lot I've heard.

Understandable for an audio format. For a moment I was concerned you had some sort of 'House of Leaves' type gimmick format for the novel(s). I think something like that would cause me to check out completely. I am ashamed to admit I have already started working on my submission... sadly, it's already well over 70 pages long. At this point I'm just writing a book to send you.

werewolf
Sep 26th, 2016, 08:38 PM
Understandable for an audio format. For a moment I was concerned you had some sort of 'House of Leaves' type gimmick format for the novel(s). I think something like that would cause me to check out completely. I am ashamed to admit I have already started working on my submission... sadly, it's already well over 70 pages long. At this point I'm just writing a book to send you.

70 pages damn I thought I was doing good with the meager 6 pages I have. way to show everybody up. geeze..... lol

Osiris
Sep 26th, 2016, 09:06 PM
70 pages damn I thought I was doing good with the meager 6 pages I have. way to show everybody up. geeze..... lol

I assure you it was unintentional. It just came out. I highly doubt Kc would have any interest at all in the type of story I'm writing. I may never even send it to him. In any event, I'll offer that quality is far more important than quantity. You can do a lot with 6 pages. I'm sure what you're working on is going to be good if you polish the hell out of it.

Kc
Sep 26th, 2016, 11:49 PM
I assure you it was unintentional. It just came out. I highly doubt Kc would have any interest at all in the type of story I'm writing. I may never even send it to him. In any event, I'll offer that quality is far more important than quantity. You can do a lot with 6 pages. I'm sure what you're working on is going to be good if you polish the hell out of it.
Well, at least I'll be able to have an idea on your work ethic ;)

But seriously, that's pretty awesome. Scratch perhaps?

Osiris
Sep 27th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Well, at least I'll be able to have an idea on your work ethic ;)

But seriously, that's pretty awesome. Scratch perhaps?

Kalani.

Kc
Sep 27th, 2016, 11:50 PM
Kalani.

Sweet choice! I'm really curious to see what you come up with for him.

KPCoyote
Oct 1st, 2016, 02:22 AM
That's awesome Osiris. More on Kalani would be lovely.

werewolf
Oct 1st, 2016, 07:22 PM
ok I decided to add more pages to tales of the tower. I had hit of inspiration on friday. So, while its fresh in my mind I am adding to Angel's Lost pages.

Kc
Nov 9th, 2016, 11:52 PM
You will see some updates on this shortly. And there's been some expansion on the horizon. I'm actually opening up for other writers for audio drama productions in the WA world.

werewolf
Nov 10th, 2016, 06:29 PM
You will see some updates on this shortly. And there's been some expansion on the horizon. I'm actually opening up for other writers for audio drama productions in the WA world.

cool

jenroy
Nov 15th, 2016, 10:23 AM
I've got a 5 page submission which is about Kelly and Tommy and his sister Sara when she was alive prior to them coming to the tower. Can I still submit this?

Gooer
Dec 8th, 2016, 12:17 AM
I'd like the story of how the teacher from Chapter 1 managed to survive all the way and end up at the colony in Chapter 48..... :nik:

Osiris
Dec 8th, 2016, 08:47 AM
I'd like the story of how the teacher from Chapter 1 managed to survive all the way and end up at the colony in Chapter 48..... :nik:

http://i.imgur.com/6QDq4Yq.jpg

turbo
Dec 8th, 2016, 09:21 AM
He didn't wear a red shirt...wrong universe? :)

Kc
Dec 10th, 2016, 12:43 AM
Submissions page is up! http://www.werealive.com/ink-on-the-page/

General Malarky
Dec 12th, 2016, 10:49 PM
Hey, quick question... How long will submissions be excepted?

KPCoyote
May 5th, 2017, 05:50 AM
Hey, quick question... How long will submissions be excepted?

KC may be a super busy man, but I would write anyway and have it ready to drop on his lap at a moments notice.

pabriksukucadang
May 18th, 2020, 11:44 PM
Great... nice info :)

rajiambika65
Oct 26th, 2020, 05:15 AM
Alive is a 2020 South Korean zombie film directed by Cho Il-hyung. Starring Yoo Ah-in and Park Shin-hye, it is based on the 2019 script Alone by Matt Naylor, ...
Software Testing Training in Bangalore (https://www.acte.in/software-testing-training-in-bangalore)
Software Testing Training (https://www.acte.in/software-testing-training-course)
Software Testing Online Training (https://www.acte.in/software-testing-training-course)
Software Testing Training in Hyderabad (https://www.acte.in/software-testing-training-in-hyderabad)
Software Testing Courses in Chennai (https://www.acte.in/software-testing-training-in-chennai)
Software Testing Training in Coimbatore (https://www.acte.in/software-testing-training-in-coimbatore)