PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Chapter?

Wicked Sid
Jan 21st, 2011, 07:54 PM
What's your favorite chapter? Really? Why That One?
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Mine is a tie for second, #1 being the best, between 13 and 17.

13 because the tower was falling apart, everyone was panicking and to see them come together under the new leadership shows how desperate times can cloud your judgement.

17 feels like its going back to the first few, with exploration and so much mystery.

Zombiehead
Jan 21st, 2011, 09:12 PM
I can't pick a favorite. Chapter 10 was the first time I ever listened to We're Alive which led me to go and grab the rest. Chapter 1 is fun though the emotion in Chapter 13 is incredible (Go Lizzy!). I always go back to Chapter 11 and 12 with the volume turned way up to get the full affect. But sometimes I forget to turn it down when I'm in a room full of people and it's not until I look up and notice they keep glancing at me that I realize they can hear all the growling and gunfire.

fraggot
Jan 21st, 2011, 11:55 PM
I can't remember off the top of my head which chapter it is, but the one where they went to the water plant to figure out why the water stopped. The whole scene in which they first hear "The Big One" and something mysteriously happens to Michael, I was practically on the edge of my seat at work listening. Anyone who can produce that from me with just audio is a winner in my book.

Ra1th
Jan 22nd, 2011, 02:09 AM
Chapter 1 was a great intro, and had me hooked until i finished the episodes.

CHapter 12 was amaaaazing just cause i spent the whole chapter waiting for Michael to say those magical words "get the sweat bottles", i was cheering when he finally said it, not to mention it was an amazing season finale and those mallers sure as hell didnt see the towers' secret weapon coming

Chapter 13 was rly good just cause it showed the aftermath of the war, and the zombie attack on the tower was unlike anything i've seen/heard before it was fantastic!

i also have to add in ch 17 just cause of how intense the scenes in the warehouse with angel and kalani were, and when Angel realizes that they're being hunted. ohmygodthatwassointense! and a lot of big reveals happened in that chapter so it was rly great as well

Hollomandious
Jan 22nd, 2011, 06:29 AM
12. The War was brilliant.

tho, it woulda been "over the air waves" but there were no Zombie Sharks. You shoulda heard me chanting, "comon, zombie sharks!!!" but then they were just zombies. sad day (tho, not really a sad day).

hopefully 18 will be a new fav. angeling (hopefully) killing a big one. finally meeting a new group of survivors who are still in action. sadly, i have this feeling Kelly isn't coming back with them. nothing really to back it up, just a feeling.

cPT.cAPSLOCK
Jan 23rd, 2011, 08:13 AM
I don't really take the story as different chapters, but as a cohesive whole. I find it really hard to pick out a specific chapter because of that.

However, the first few episodes were great because there was very little known about the zombies: what attracted them, what their weaknesses were and more.
Now with the latest episodes they're exploring again, finding new things (Angel the "Tank", to steal L4D's name, and Michael the other survivors). I'm eagerly waiting for tomorrow to see how the story continues to unfold :)
Also, when the tower went down it was pretty intense. Loved how the Mallers were pretty much besieging them, almost as if it was the middle ages all over again (massive armies besieging a castle).

fallenXstarX
Jan 24th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Whichever chapter they kill Kalani in will be my favorite.

Sir Bob Cornelius Rifo
Feb 5th, 2011, 09:39 PM
chapter 10 was intense, the chapters where skittles are in are interesting to me because he's just an odd guy, 18 has been good and makes me very excited to find out what's going to happen

GameOverGreggy
Feb 12th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Hey--

Pete. He's rad.

Greg

StepLaugh
Feb 12th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Hey--

Pete. He's rad.

Greg

I wonder if Greg knows this is Chapters, not characters. XD

lectio
Feb 13th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I think R&R was fun - I chuckled when I pictured Saul on the middle of the dance floor. But as a Pegs/Michael 'shipper, I was pleased to see the emergence of Pechael (Megs?) in Chapter 18.

fallenXstarX
Feb 23rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
I actually take my opinion back because Kalani kicked ass with angel a few weeks ago!

fallenXstarX
Mar 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
I think R&R was fun - I chuckled when I pictured Saul on the middle of the dance floor. But as a Pegs/Michael 'shipper, I was pleased to see the emergence of Pechael (Megs?) in Chapter 18.

I think Megs sounds better.

CurlyAngryman
Mar 2nd, 2011, 03:13 PM
Chapter 18 has been my favorite recently. I think it is because of Kalani actually growing into a friend of Angel, rather than just remaining the load he was before. I like me some positive character development.

Decomposed Ass2Ass
Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:45 PM
Chapter 10 "purgatory" probably because it was such an emotional story and was also cool with angel rescuing them.

Ra1th
Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:53 PM
Chapter 10 "purgatory" probably because it was such an emotional story and was also cool with angel rescuing them.

good sir, would u like to join the angel fan club (http://zombiepodcast.com/forum/group.php?groupid=2)?

Chelsea C.
Mar 2nd, 2011, 07:13 PM
The group has free pixelated cookies! They're visually delicious ;)

ObamaCat
Mar 2nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
I really like Chapter 12 myself. I know KC said he thought it could have been one episode shorter, but I actually really enjoyed the buildup and near the final climax when Burt yells "That's it game over folks we're seriously screwed here'. I kind of liked the sense of hopelessness it brought, thought it was a nice change.

Destiny
Mar 2nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
That's a tough one, maybe Chapter 1 or 2 or maybe 3.

mr boom95
May 5th, 2011, 08:17 PM
I would like to know what peoples favorite chapter weather it be because it moved yu emotionaly or it wad just a plain epic sandwich.

I have two favorite episodes

Purgatory- I absolutly loved the Purgatory episode. It almost brought me to tears. It was cruel of kc to introduce Samantha and make me and Datu fall in love with her then to have her taken away. I thourght that the voice acting was also really amazing and it helped convey the emotions of the situation.

The Catalyst- The chapter as a whole was truelly amazing but my favorite individual episode of the chapter was part three. i thourght that this episode was amazing because it reavealed a new threat for the people of the tower and a new villian for the series. But i thourght that the sound work and voice acting for Micheal, Pegs, Kelly, Hope, Victor and sauls mum who i forgot the name of at the current moment. was truelly amazing. My reaction to this episode was of true amazment about how a situation like that could be conveyed perfectly just using sound.

wiffadabiffa
May 5th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Same...Chapter 10 and Chapter 19...

I really thought that Purgatory was the most moving for me because it explained a story, where we will never know why they are doing what they are doing...it just freaks me out :S
The most moving part of the Catalyst was probably when Datu met Hope for the first time... :D

mr boom95
May 5th, 2011, 08:21 PM
i had completly forgoten about about Datu and Hope meeting that bit almost brought me to tears and i reckon that Datu and Hope will develop a father daughter relationship

wiffadabiffa
May 5th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Could happen...If they do get to know eachother a little more, which will be kind of hard seeing as she is blind and all :P

Creem_Filling
May 5th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Datu and Samantha. I shed tears when Samantha was taken away. Also, the War, Pegs' emotional trama, Saul and Lizzie, and that final bit where they were firing the guns were all beautiful.

COsurvivor
May 5th, 2011, 08:57 PM
#1 Season 1- Chapter 10 Datu and Samantha in the Arena!

#2 Season 2 - Chapter 18 Michael finding (Datu's) Hope and just what that means for The Tower!

Don Man
May 15th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Well it was chapter 7, i loved it because it was tense but right now I think i prefer chapter 19 just because of how epic it is.

Osiris
May 15th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Really too hard to say, but if I could only pick one it would be Chapter 12. It had one of my favourite Scratch moments.

Blood & Ice Cream
May 15th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Chapter 8 - Where do you go when you sleep listened to this in bed, in the dark, on the iphone, with the volume turned up way too loud - fixated by the behemoth's ever growing louder roars in the pump house

and

Chapter 19 - The Catalyst what an escape and what a cliff hanger!!!!

Dameon1213
May 15th, 2011, 06:51 PM
i would have to say the war. the story really got all of its truly good stuff from the bad things that happened after that. if the war never happened, Saul wouldnt have gotten hurt, the colony would still not exist, the mallers would not really be a true threat, and lizzie might still be in tower (but probably still 'sick') really the story got perfect after the War and i thought it was cool to see the towerites open a can of whoop ass!

Creem_Filling
May 15th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Can't remember the chapter, but when Michael, Pegs, and Kelly are all out in the beach house before find the colony. I love the whole surviving off the remnants of society action. That's why I loved Day by Day. Also, I loved the huge development in Michael and Pegs relationship, I'm really sappy when it comes to such things. And lastly, the huge character development Pegs took. She was fighting zombies naked and was weighed down by a handicapped Michael, she was a badass.

Private Parts
May 16th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Def road 2 living death/ purgatory for me but I liked the bit in seperate dying embers on the firetruck!

Luna Guardian
May 16th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Datu and Samantha. I shed tears when Samantha was taken away.

This, no contest.

mascaria
May 16th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Lizzy's almost rape. I had to take a break from listening to it.

Th3_T3ch
May 16th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Purgatory, definitely

Creem_Filling
May 16th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Lizzy's almost rape. I had to take a break from listening to it.

I know, it about tore my heart out, I was freaking out. I wanted to jump into my iPod and be the hero!

Osiris
May 16th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Chapter 12. Hearing Scratch cry for Latch. Fucking heart-wrenching.

Meeks
May 17th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought Purgatory was one of the most moving. I've always been a Datu fan, even though most people haven't, and you saw a side of him where he was otherwise more emotionless I'd thought.

I also thought The War was another moving one. Granted it was some of the most action going, just knowing that the day before, they hated each other and were at each other's throats, to just come together towards the common cause of saving the tower, that was just good.

KLong91
May 17th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Definitely Purgatory. The Sounds of Datu crying for Samantha and Samantha screaming while the sad music plays in the background is just heart wrenching.

Zombiehead
May 19th, 2011, 09:50 PM
The only part to actually move me emotionally was in Chapter 13 when Lizzy went ape-shit on Michael and kicked everyones ass to save the Tower. Fucking beautiful.

johncrazy
May 20th, 2011, 01:47 AM
Definitely Purgatory

johncrazy
May 20th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Sorry i don't know the name of that episode but i just love that episode!! i will give you exact name after some time.. i will update...

Don Man
May 20th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Well chapter 10was really emotional but the moment that made me so happy just with the music and the way he said it was in chapter 10 part 3 after escaping from the colony Tanya asks where are we going then happy music comes on when Michael says,"home". That put an uncontrollable smile on my face

Canadianfan
May 20th, 2011, 07:24 AM
For me it was Chapter 14 at the end when they give the military service on the roof for Tommy, Cindy, and Bill (to list a few). It gets me every time I hear the rife going off.

mem
May 20th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I agree with the other posts about the Samantha/Datu scene and the Rape scene. The most powerful moment to me was Saul's confrontation with Michael (7-3) after the group goes next door to chloroform and tag the zombies. He was so pissed that Michael let Lizzy go and she almost got hurt. The emotions one could hear during that confrontation between him and Michael was better than anything that could be filmed. My heart was beating a mile a minute. This wasnt the first time I realized this was art on a higher level than most but it was one of the defining moments for me when i knew this was something great. Too many times to mention I catch myself thinking, "wow this whole group is doing something that draws you in and makes it seem so real."

Rock Daddy
May 20th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Def "Purgatory" for me too. I was SOOO caught up in this chapter, I had NO TIME to guess ahead or relax. And when I got to the end I felt so destroyed and defeated, just like Datu. (And I was never a big Datu fan at first) I actually felt like I was lying on that cold dark floor in that room, watching the most heart-wrenching thing I've ever seen in my life.

Zombiehead
May 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I agree with the other posts about the Samantha/Datu scene and the Rape scene. The most powerful moment to me was Saul's confrontation with Michael (7-3) after the group goes next door to chloroform and tag the zombies. He was so pissed that Michael let Lizzy go and she almost got hurt. The emotions one could hear during that confrontation between him and Michael was better than anything that could be filmed. My heart was beating a mile a minute. This wasnt the first time I realized this was art on a higher level than most but it was one of the defining moments for me when i knew this was something great. Too many times to mention I catch myself thinking, "wow this whole group is doing something that draws you in and makes it seem so real."That part was awesome wasn't it?! You could so feel the tension in the room. Great acting!

mem
May 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
That part was awesome wasn't it?! You could so feel the tension in the room. Great acting!
very good : )

marshallriordon
May 23rd, 2011, 12:58 PM
i just seen chapter 10 purgatory part3 and like why did they take samantha away? mostly every character has that special someone and when datu finally finds someone he sees her get ripped apart like how messed up is that? when i noticed that riley and angel were not going to come to the rescue i was pissed off. Like for the whole fricken show not one main character or really any character that i can remember was killed then when someone who everyone loves comes along they just let her die. I think that whoever wrote that episode was either drunk, they hit their head over fifty times or both if you agree with me say :(

Private Parts
May 23rd, 2011, 03:06 PM
Screw the arena! 22-1 was the most moving I was almost in tears!

Kunja
May 27th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Purgatory... hands down... I got goose bumps when Riley shot the behemoth in the eye!
and the scene when her and Angle was stuck in the pile of bodies.... WOW!
Awesome Stuff!

yarri
May 31st, 2011, 06:49 PM
Its not been any one chapter its been a series of moments. I enjoy the human factor of this podcast as much as I do the story. The characters interaction with each other makes me feel like I am right there, a part of it all watching.

I loved when Saul, Lizzie, Burt and lady were at the side of the road. Lady is peeing and Saul says.. "Awww good girl good potty". It was a human moment. In the thick of all that shit storm of death and zombies and nearly getting his ass kicked six ways from Sunday. He says that.

I loved when Riley knew that Michael was in pain from the thought of Saul's loss and comforted him. How she got him to open up to her and Michael let down his guard and showed in that moment he was human and afraid.

When Angel and Riley walked into the depths of hell to try and save Datu yet still found a moment in the basement to get cleaned up and Riley peeked at Angel

When at the beach when Pegs took Michael in hand and finely laid their feelings out for on the table for each other.

When Michael defended her from Bixby. The shoveling was a grand scene.

When Saul says to his mother " She's more then a friend, Mama."

When Lizzie sacrificed her self for the greater good of the tower.

There are to many to count but its the human factor that even in such a place with such things happening to this group of characters they are still painfully human they feel three dimensional they feel like they could be real people rather then fictional creations on paper.

yarri
Jun 1st, 2011, 09:36 AM
That part was awesome wasn't it?! You could so feel the tension in the room. Great acting!
I really loved that as well. So very human so very real. Nice post ZH!