PDA

View Full Version : Hello Fellow Wer'e Alivers!

Nannie
Jun 13th, 2016, 01:46 AM
My name is Nannie, and I'm from South Africa! I only discovered this awesome podcast this year, while looking for another zombie fix after The Walking dead's last season ended. Great podcast I have to say, I'm listening to it for a second time. Can't wait for the next zombie thrill from WA. :zombie:

KPCoyote
Jun 13th, 2016, 05:28 AM
Nice to meet you Nannie. I am so happy to hear that "We're Alive: The Story Of Survival" and "We're Alive: Lockdown" are being enjoyed in Africa. What is your favorite moment in the story so far? How about a favorite character? I would love to hear your thoughts and theories of the We're Alive universe.

Nannie
Jun 13th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Nice to meet you too KPCoyote. I have to confess that I haven't listened to Lockdown yet. I did listen to the first episode, then I decided instead of waiting another week, for the other episodes to release, I will listen to WA The story again, untill I have all the episodes of Lockdown so that I can listen to it all at once. (I'm like that, no patience at all hehe) Almost finished with The story - then I can sink my teeth into Lockdown (can't wait!) I don't have a favourite part, it's all my favourite. The action is so well done. Michael is probably my favourite, but I like everyone - even the baddies (almost felt sorry for Scratch at one point) Even the zombies are terrifying, not the soft-shell ones you get from the walking dead. I wonder if the creators of Were Alive will ever consider turning a book into a podcast? Happened upon a good one the other day (surviving the evacuation by frank tayell) I think these professionals here at Wer'e alive could do wonders with that one.

KPCoyote
Jun 13th, 2016, 08:02 AM
I would encourage you to listen to "The Story" through first. Listening to "Lockdown" won't ruin anything, but there are many pieces in both series that tie into the other. Also, KC makes all of the characters complex and more than any good/evil type you get in other types of stories. Scratch has many things about her, that once you know them, make it more difficult to hate her. From a different perspective even our heroes could be considered villains.
I love your profile picture by the way.

Behemothbel1296
Jun 14th, 2016, 05:02 PM
Hello Nannie! You're the first person that I know of, anyway, from Africa that has listened to We're Alive. I am so happy you love it as much as we do!

Behemothbel1296
Jun 14th, 2016, 05:07 PM
I would encourage you to listen to "The Story" through first. Listening to "Lockdown" won't ruin anything, but there are many pieces in both series that tie into the other. Also, KC makes all of the characters complex and more than any good/evil type you get in other types of stories. Scratch has many things about her, that once you know them, make it more difficult to hate her. From a different perspective even our heroes could be considered villains.
I love your profile picture by the way.

Speaking of finding it hard to hate any of the prisoners... I must say that I did sort of start to have a soft spot for her after chapter 30 or so. What she tells Lizzie always gets me. The only Maller I never disliked was the one who guarded Lizzie.

KPCoyote
Jun 14th, 2016, 07:18 PM
Speaking of finding it hard to hate any of the prisoners... I must say that I did sort of start to have a soft spot for her after chapter 30 or so. What she tells Lizzie always gets me. The only Maller I never disliked was the one who guarded Lizzie.

Do you mean Bricks?

Nannie
Jun 15th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Yeah, Bricks was a real sweetie

Nannie
Jun 15th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Hello Behemothbel1296! Yes, and I'm trying my best to get the others here at work to also listen to it - but you know lately with technology taking over (almost like a zombie virus - hehe) people get lazy to listen to a story. Well, their loss, because Were Alive is awesome, and I can't wait to listen to We're Alive: Goldrush! (Their loss)
Hello Nannie! You're the first person that I know of, anyway, from Africa that has listened to We're Alive. I am so happy you love it as much as we do!

KPCoyote
Jun 15th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Hello Behemothbel1296! Yes, and I'm trying my best to get the others here at work to also listen to it - but you know lately with technology taking over (almost like a zombie virus - hehe) people get lazy to listen to a story. Well, their loss, because Were Alive is awesome, and I can't wait to listen to We're Alive: Goldrush! (Their loss)

Nannie, I have the same problem. As the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."
We just have to keep sharing and hope people get "infected"

Witch_Doctor
Jun 15th, 2016, 11:28 AM

Nannie, I have the same problem. As the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

If they're riding in a car with me then I'm infecting them. :zombieglomp:

KPCoyote
Jun 15th, 2016, 02:22 PM
If they're riding in a car with me then I'm infecting them. :zombieglomp:

Well done!
I have a friend that is now borrowing her Mom's car. It doesn't have any way to plug in her phone to listen, and it's the only way she can listen due to having to wear hearing aides. She and her husband are the ones that got me hooked on WA. What drives me crazy is that they are still not caught up with Lockdown. Mostly because of the listening in the car thing. I need CDs soon. I love the discussions on the forums, but you can't compare face to face conversations to it.

Behemothbel1296
Jun 16th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Yes, Bricks. He was definitely a sweetie. I've told so many about We're Alive, and a lot of them have listened. My little brother has just finished and he can not stop talking about it. Let the infection spread!

Kat E
Jun 16th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Yes, Bricks. He was definitely a sweetie. I've told so many about We're Alive, and a lot of them have listened. My little brother has just finished and he can not stop talking about it. Let the infection spread!

Nice work. Weird Times occasionally asks for what you're reading now and I always put the shout out for We're Alive. You just never know who will be infected next nor how deeply.

Behemothbel1296
Jun 17th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Nice work. Weird Times occasionally asks for what you're reading now and I always put the shout out for We're Alive. You just never know who will be infected next nor how deeply.

Oh, I agree. I found it, along with Lockdown on Good Reads. I recommended it to all my friends on there. Hoping they'll be infected as well.

Nannie
Jul 7th, 2016, 02:05 AM
:)

Nannie
Jul 7th, 2016, 02:10 AM

Got a horse to drink!!! Finally got my husband to listen to the series (woo-hoo) - On our way to Namibia for my brother's wedding, and with the radio not working between some of the one-horse towns, I suggested we listen to Were Alive, so for the 2000km's to Rosh Pinah, Namibia (and then 2000km's back :) ) we listened to the series, and he's hooked! Also, I finished WA: Lockdown, what an ending! Hope KC's new series will have a bit of Jeremy and his gang in it too.

KPCoyote
Jul 7th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Got a horse to drink!!! Finally got my husband to listen to the series (woo-hoo) - On our way to Namibia for my brother's wedding, and with the radio not working between some of the one-horse towns, I suggested we listen to Were Alive, so for the 2000km's to Rosh Pinah, Namibia (and then 2000km's back :) ) we listened to the series, and he's hooked! Also, I finished WA: Lockdown, what an ending! Hope KC's new series will have a bit of Jeremy and his gang in it too.

That is fabulous news! Congratulations Nannie. Keep bringing those horses to water.