PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers All LD] WA Fancast Topic: Post what people should listen for on 2nd listens

MickGinger
Jun 6th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Hey all, I'm trying to capture as many of the plants Kc left behind for us in the earlier episodes. If you can think of anything people should be listening for that you might not have known was significant the first time through post it her. We'll share it on the fancast with credit to you.

KPCoyote
Jun 6th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Jeremy made sure to be on lunch detail on the trip upstate with Simeon and the other inmates.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 6th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Dani ruined Jeremy's attempt to be alone with Simeon when she insisted on seeing who's name was chosen from the pool of names. Jeremy was going to say that it was Simeon.

Kat E
Jun 6th, 2016, 10:04 PM
I found it noteworthy that Chuck, Mark, Gavin, and Dani mention dying not to long before they bite the big one, meet their maker, push up daisies, etc. Some even in a funny way. Not that their deaths were funny, quite the contrary.

MickGinger
Jun 7th, 2016, 09:44 AM
All Good stuff, what about the other stuff they didn't call attention to in Part 6? There was something that made me think "Hey I need to go relisten to this part" but I lost it. Maybe it was...

--The rumor about Fredo being a hitman, which was actually Jeremy
--Part 3 - Gavin's remark about "Hey listen be careful, it's just the two of you there.... The friendlier ones are the ones to watch..."

Witch_Doctor
Jun 7th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Considering that KC hides LOTS of crumbs in his stories, I cannot help but to think that he was speaking to the audience via Chuck. In chapter 1 (ever notice that these chapters don't have names like in WAASOS?)... in chapter 1, while they're waiting for the van to pick them up, Chuck is obsessed with gathering information. He then tells Simeon to 'pay attention to EVERYTHING!', no matter how small the detail. That's what we do in the forum and that's what makes these stories so entertaining.
This question reminds me of the Chekhov's Rifle discussion (http://www.werealive.com/forum/showthread.php?3681-Chapter-34-1-It-Only-Takes-One&p=48258&highlight=Chekhov%27s+Rifle#post48258) from the WA forum.

MickGinger
Jun 7th, 2016, 12:43 PM
WAASOS?)...

We're Alive: A Song of Survival

That's good stuff DW! I can't remember who it was but I felt many times that someone was speaking AS the audience as well.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 7th, 2016, 01:17 PM
One part that is worth re-listening to is the "Breakfast Club" moment the inmates are having in Chapter 4 after they decide to wait for the power to shut off. Everyone talks about what got them placed behind bars, goaded on by Jeremy who refuses to participate. He doesn't object to Jodi telling the others what his file says. He even says that he is eager to hear what is in it too. This piece doesn't point to anything concrete in the story, but it does support Jeremy's claim that he is in the jail to kill Simeon.

My personal thoughts are that Jeremy infiltrated the jail and assumed a false identity or someone's else identity. He's says that he doesn't trust the others, but I believe the real reason he doesn't talk about his crime is that he doesn't really know why is 'cover' is in jail.

Also, listen to the beginning when Simeon narrates about entering T-Block. A guard can be heard bringing Jeremy's transfer papers. Again, nothing concrete, other than to single out Jeremy as an inmate in transit. Keep in mind that he was in T-Block for a couple of hours before Jeremy, but KC felt it important to mention him as someone with a special status (as a trustee) mixed in with the inmates who're going up-state.

All of this points to 'Jeremy's' revelation that he somehow arranged to be on the bus accompanying Simeon, in order to kill him. His false ID is suggested by him questioning Simeon, asking, "Who's Jeremy?"

MickGinger
Jun 7th, 2016, 01:32 PM
My personal thoughts are that Jeremy infiltrated the jail and assumed a false identity or someone's else identity. He's says that he doesn't trust the others, but I believe the real reason he doesn't talk about his crime is that he doesn't really know why is 'cover' is in jail.

I thought the same!! My theory was he was a FBI / CIA plant of some kind but I thought he probably didn't know for sure why he was in.....of course his follow up story is about Simeon...

Witch_Doctor
Jun 7th, 2016, 02:27 PM
I thought the same!! My theory was he was a FBI / CIA plant of some kind but I thought he probably didn't know for sure why he was in.....of course his follow up story is about Simeon...

Ahhhh!! I remember hearing you mention that.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 8th, 2016, 03:05 AM
We're Alive: A Song of Survival

That's good stuff DW! I can't remember who it was but I felt many times that someone was speaking AS the audience as well.

Do you mean something like CJ telling Simeon that she was surprised that he could remember so many details? Right before that chapter posted, you guys were tossing around a theory that Simeon was really Chuck because of his ability to recall.

MickGinger
Jun 8th, 2016, 06:40 AM
Do you mean something like CJ telling Simeon that she was surprised that he could remember so many details? Right before that chapter posted, you guys were tossing around a theory that Simeon was really Chuck because of his ability to recall.

Yeah, really anything, especially small things or stuff happening in the background that actually ties into the narrative more than you notice on the first listen through.

KPCoyote
Jun 8th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Yeah, really anything, especially small things or stuff happening in the background that actually ties into the narrative more than you notice on the first listen through.

KC is like an Ogre..... Onion! I mean onion. Many layers to his story.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 8th, 2016, 02:09 PM
I can't remember who it was but I felt many times that someone was speaking AS the audience as well.

Ha`ha! I meant that CJ was the character who was speaking AS the audience.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 8th, 2016, 05:39 PM
When Bill Roberts' transport van arrives, Jeremy is looking out of the holding cell and says that they are giving him nice clothes to wear. Chapter 1. 38:15
Jeremy is not impressed with Fredo's notoriety when Chucks says that he should be afraid of him. He even dismisses Fredo's gang as being low level. When Chucks warns him about saying that around Fredo, Jeremy responds with a dismissive, "uh huh." We later learn that Jeremy is part of the more powerful Family. Chapter 1. 38:45
Mark sounds skeptical when reads Jeremy's name on his tag. Chapter 1. 23:30
Chucks says, "can you imagine what would happen if the inmates got out during some kind of emergency? They'd end up running the place... Not us, I mean the BAD BAD guys." A nod to the Mallers. (OK, maybe this one isn't as subtle as what you were asking for.) Chapter 2. 47:57
Chapter 5. 21:53. While running through solitary, Bogart notices that there are people still in the rooms. Jeremy says that it's too late for them, implying that they are un-turned. This may be the section of solitary that the Fort Irwin Soldiers discover with the doors busted IN. This is where Ink tested the protection symbols to determine which one worked. Shortly afterwards, the behemoths begin to burst out of their cells in the other part of solitary. Ink will not know which symbol works until the behemoths escape their cells and break in the symbol-marked doors to get the tasty treats inside. He might not have learned which symbol worked by the time Jeremy, Jodi and Bogart escaped because when he confronted Funk, he turns his head to show his left side and Funk attacks him. Chapter 6. 42:50. The rainbow symbol was probably on the right side .

Kat E
Jun 8th, 2016, 06:01 PM

This keeps reminding me about Episode 4 when they're in sharing mode and Jeremy starts only to be interrupted by Bogart commenting that he's speaking in the third person. [head slap]. Because in actuality Jeremy WAS likely speaking in the third person to one degree or another.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 8th, 2016, 06:07 PM
This keeps reminding me about Episode 4 when they're in sharing mode and Jeremy starts only to be interrupted by Bogart commenting that he's speaking in the third person. [head slap]. Because in actuality Jeremy WAS likely speaking in the third person to one degree or another.

Slapping my head too. It's like a V-8 Juice commercial in here. Good catch!!

KPCoyote
Jun 8th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Witxh_Doctor, the symbol of protection is on the left side of Ink's head. Funk just didn't want to fall in line like Austin did.

Behemothbel1296
Jun 8th, 2016, 07:25 PM
All the ones I was going to point out were just pointed out. Hah! However, I listened to the 1st episode twice before I heard that part about Austin being brought up to T-block. I kind of wondered why that was brought up. Was it just because? Or did it have some sort of significance? Maybe to point out that he had never made it up there? I don’t know, that one just stood out to me.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 8th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Witxh_Doctor, the symbol of protection is on the left side of Ink's head. Funk just didn't want to fall in line like Austin did.

Crap!!! Really??? I went on a listening binge to find out if it was ever mentioned where on his head it was. I remember KC mentioning its location once, but that was during a face-to-face conversation.
Leave it to Funk to FUNK up my theory.

Thanks for the feedback.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 8th, 2016, 07:30 PM
All the ones I was going to point out were just pointed out. Hah! However, I listened to the 1st episode twice before I heard that part about Austin being brought up to T-block. I kind of wondered why that was brought up. Was it just because? Or did it have some sort of significance? Maybe to point out that he had never made it up there? I don’t know, that one just stood out to me.

Had he already been in T-block, maybe the guys would have made it to the van in time. Chuck wouldn't have made it to his trial, but Jeremy would hve at least been able to help out with the lunches.

Behemothbel1296
Jun 8th, 2016, 07:36 PM
Had he already been in T-block, maybe the guys would have made it to the van in time. Chuck wouldn't have made it to his trial, but Jeremy would hve at least been able to help out with the lunches.

Ah yes! Very good point! I wonder how far they would have made it if that would have happened? Hmm...

Witch_Doctor
Jun 8th, 2016, 07:46 PM
Ah yes! Very good point! I wonder how far they would have made it if that would have happened? Hmm...

Most likely the van would have crashed in the chaos of the outbreak. Probably running over Ink as he made his way back to the Twin Towers. This could be the most likely scenario, but it wouldn't make for good story telling.

Behemothbel1296
Jun 8th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Most likely the van would have crashed in the chaos of the outbreak. Probably running over Ink as he made his way back to the Twin Towers. This could be the most likely scenario, but it wouldn't make for good story telling.

I agree with you there. There wouldn't really be a story without Ink.

KPCoyote
Jun 9th, 2016, 08:06 AM
No problem

Witch_Doctor
Jun 9th, 2016, 05:34 PM

KPCoyote, are you sure this is mentioned as being on a particular side of Ink's head? I didn't hear it on any of the episodes.

KPCoyote
Jun 9th, 2016, 06:33 PM

KPCoyote, are you sure this is mentioned as being on a particular side of Ink's head? I didn't hear it on any of the episodes.

The only evidence other than Ink showing the left side of his head are pictures of KC during a season finale where he dresses up as Ink and had the markings put on him just like Ink does. The pictures show it on the left side of his head.

KC, care to confirm?

Behemothbel1296
Jun 9th, 2016, 06:37 PM

Now that I think about it, neither did I.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 9th, 2016, 07:56 PM
The only evidence other than Ink showing the left side of his head are pictures of KC during a season finale where he dresses up as Ink and had the markings put on him just like Ink does. The pictures show it on the left side of his head.

KC, care to confirm?

That was the first thing I checked. Alas, I only took a picture of his right side. O_o

Kc
Jun 10th, 2016, 12:11 AM
Left side symbol.

KPCoyote
Jun 10th, 2016, 02:35 AM
Thank you KC.
Funk just was not going to follow directions. He saw the sign and it opened up his eyes. He saw the sign.

MickGinger
Jun 10th, 2016, 11:49 AM
When Bill Roberts' transport van arrives, Jeremy is looking out of the holding cell and says that they are giving him nice clothes to wear. Chapter 1. 38:15
Jeremy is not impressed with Fredo's notoriety when Chucks says that he should be afraid of him. He even dismisses Fredo's gang as being low level. When Chucks warns him about saying that around Fredo, Jeremy responds with a dismissive, "uh huh." We later learn that Jeremy is part of the more powerful Family. Chapter 1. 38:45
Chucks says, "can you imagine what would happen if the inmates got out during some kind of emergency? They'd end up running the place... Not us, I mean the BAD BAD guys." A nod to the Mallers. (OK, maybe this one isn't as subtle as what you were asking for.) Chapter 2. 47:57
Chapter 5. 21:53. While running through solitary, Bogart notices that there are people still in the rooms. Jeremy says that it's too late for them, implying that they are un-turned. This may be the section of solitary that the Fort Irwin Soldiers discover with the doors busted IN. This is where Ink tested the protection symbols to determine which one worked. Shortly afterwards, the behemoths begin to burst out of their cells in the other part of solitary. Ink will not know which symbol works until the behemoths escape their cells and break in the symbol-marked doors to get the tasty treats inside. He might not have learned which symbol worked by the time Jeremy, Jodi and Bogart escaped because when he confronted Funk, he turns his head to show his left side and Funk attacks him. Chapter 6. 42:50. The rainbow symbol was probably on the right side .

THE MOTHERLOAD!! ^^ This...man wow - DW Delivers again.

MickGinger
Jun 10th, 2016, 11:55 AM

Whoa.

Left side symbol.

Good to know...I was thinking it was on the backside, or possibly front for some reason.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 10th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Left side symbol.

Thank you KC.
Funk just was not going to follow directions. He saw the sign and it opened up his eyes. He saw the sign.
Zombie life is demanding, without protection symbol understanding.

Whoa.

Good to know...I was thinking it was on the backside, or possibly front for some reason.

Thanks for the confirmation. "Curses! Foiled again!"

Kat E
Jun 10th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Here's another one that crosses over to the backstabbing, prince of pustules Simeon and whether he a bad guy? The scene where he's working on mapping the cameras and overhears the conversation between Dani and Gavin about "trust" issues with the inmates. Huge foreshadow of what's to come!! Darn it. Obviously it bothered him a lot or he wouldn't have interjected it into his interview with CJ in the way he did--he's rationalizing future behavior though he never intends to tell CJ the truth. Begs the question: Do you think the filthy, troglodyte Simeon is just a selfish, dysfunctional, opportunistic idiot or a cold-blooded, malevolent, heartless killer? The next question obviously being: If douche-bag-boy had NEVER overheard the guards' conversation, would the choices the cretinous oaf made later have remained the same?

One of my favorite lines is by Chuck about Fredo: "He's not sexist, just selfish." It's a similar dichotomy I get from the biggest freakin, lowlife, loser Simeon. Pretty much nothing nor no one is black and white, except for the colors themselves. [I still should have asked to knee-cap him/the-little-shit when I had the chance.]

Witch_Doctor
Jun 10th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Here's another one that crosses over to the backstabbing, prince of pustules Simeon and whether he a bad guy? The scene where he's working on mapping the cameras and overhears the conversation between Dani and Gavin about "trust" issues with the inmates. Huge foreshadow of what's to come!! Darn it. Obviously it bothered him a lot or he wouldn't have interjected it into his interview with CJ in the way he did--he's rationalizing future behavior though he never intends to tell CJ the truth. Begs the question: Do you think the filthy, troglodyte Simeon is just a selfish, dysfunctional, opportunistic idiot or a cold-blooded, malevolent, heartless killer? The next question obviously being: If douche-bag-boy had NEVER overheard the guards' conversation, would the choices the cretinous oaf made later have remained the same?

One of my favorite lines is by Chuck about Fredo: "He's not sexist, just selfish." It's a similar dichotomy I get from the biggest freakin, lowlife, loser Simeon. Pretty much nothing nor no one is black and white, except for the colors themselves. [I still should have asked to knee-cap him/the-little-shit when I had the chance.]

I think he's a psychopath. Yes, he does tell Jeremy that he thought that he was going to be left behind, but he shows no remorse for his actions, unless pressed. Even then, it's not convincing. As for your second question, I think that he is self serving enough to not risk his own chance for escape that he would have done the same whether he heard the conversation or not.

Good catch on the importance of that eves dropping. Also, my assemblage insults has just gotten bigger.

Kat E
Jun 10th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Good catch on the importance of that eves dropping. Also, my assemblage insults has just gotten bigger.

Thanks. I bow to you Witch Doctor and your selections. In this particular instance you KNEW it meant something...cuz that's how KC appears to like to roll...then BOOM goes the dynamite.

As for insults, interesting how slights like "Your mother wears army boots" are no longer a derisive comment, but a true badge of honor. I like it!

KPCoyote
Jun 10th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Simeon refuses to take accountability for what he does. Even when cornered he tries to pass it off as ancient history. It shouldn't matter as far as he is concerns. He is a step before a serial killer, someone who knows and enjoys killing. He is scum.

His character was well played and the acting was top shelf. Only with that level of acting skill would I have these strong feelings towards the character. A applaud Colby Clayton Lemaster for his art.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 10th, 2016, 06:21 PM
His character was well played and the acting was top shelf. Only with that level of acting skill would I have these strong feelings towards the character. A applaud Colby Clayton Lemaster for his art.

Yep, his last name says it all.

Kat E
Jun 10th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Yep, his last name says it all.

Yup. I'll even try to do you one better. It also makes you wonder why so many assassins and serial killers go by three names. Because Colby Clayton Lemaster, like they, KILLED IT!!!

Witch_Doctor
Jun 10th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Yup. I'll even try to do you one better. It also makes you wonder why so many assassins and serial killers go by three names. Because Colby Clayton Lemaster, like they, KILLED IT!!!

:cool:

Witch_Doctor
Jun 10th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Thanks. I bow to you Witch Doctor and your selections. In this particular instance you KNEW it meant something...cuz that's how KC appears to like to roll...then BOOM goes the dynamite.

Yep, ha haaa! I'm sooooo used to it now. When it comes to the 'who', 'what', 'when' and 'where', sometimes I do pretty good. But when it comes the 'why', 'how' and predictions.... KC ALWAYS gets me. EVERY. FRICKEN. TIME. Which is good because a predictable story would be boring. I swear that I've nailed something right on the nose hundreds of times, only for KC to re-write a chapter's ending and call back the actors to re-record. :squint:

MickGinger
Jun 10th, 2016, 09:59 PM

I'm beginning to think you're not all that fond of Simeon. :)

Simeon refuses to take accountability for what he does. Even when cornered he tries to pass it off as ancient history. It shouldn't matter as far as he is concerns. He is a step before a serial killer, someone who knows and enjoys killing. He is scum.

He comes off as full blown psychopath, bordering on sociopath. I began to question his crime story and wonder even further if he was actually a serial killer and only was caught for those 2 murders. When that wasn't addressed I felt a little unsatisfied on that front. Probably more my fault for starting to "expect" something from the story instead of just listening. (I'll probably quote this paragraph verbatim when we record so feel free to skip 15 seconds when I start :) )

Yep, ha haaa! I'm sooooo used to it now. When it comes to the 'who', 'what', 'when' and 'where', sometimes I do pretty good. But when it comes the 'why', 'how' and predictions.... KC ALWAYS gets me. EVERY. FRICKEN. TIME. Which is good because a predictable story would be boring. I swear that I've nailed something right on the nose hundreds of times, only for KC to re-write a chapter's ending and call back the actors to re-record. :squint:

This has all but been confirmed by the actors, and they blame you for the extra work Witch Doctor! :) (Kidding, for the lurkers who are reading)

KPCoyote
Jun 11th, 2016, 04:20 AM
Theories right or wrong, it is part of what makes this whole community great. I'm just glad that there is a place to decompress after listening.

Kat E
Jun 15th, 2016, 01:39 PM
I'm beginning to think you're not all that fond of Simeon. :)

It's not that I'm not fond of that despicable dog turd, Simeon. He's such an enigma. He's not quite a psychopath, because he's just not smart enough. He's more an opportunistic sociopath, because he is able to form bonds with a small group and takes advantage of situations as they are presented. But then sociopaths typically come off to others as being visibly disturbed individuals, and that dirt bag Simeon presents the quieter reserve of a psychopath. Therefore, this puts the little troll into more of an enigma status for me.

If push came to shove, I'd say the lying little creep Simeon is a paranoid sociopath. [And yes, I'll keep up with the expletives relating to the pernicious little monster Simeon until I run out] The selfish dolt saves Mark in Episode 3, yet allows himself to get so weirded out by the Dani and Gavin conversation I've mentioned before, to the degree that the numbskull perceives Gavin as a threat. I'm so back-and-forth on the demonic munchkin. :D

KC really outdid himself when he created such a stealthy antagonist. Lockdown would not have been the same without the gross little guy with delusions of grandeur. Even with that said there's still a part of me that was on the edge of my seat wishing the maniac would have kept it together and risen above his obviously damaged beginnings. But again, KC walked us down the pretty path and led us merrily along...until the ax fell. Nicely cleaved Sir. Nicely cleaved.

KPCoyote
Jun 15th, 2016, 02:17 PM
I think that I can almost imagine KC grinning through all of that.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 15th, 2016, 08:43 PM
I wonder how long will it take her to get to the Dr. Smith insults.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfh-YY465HA

Witch_Doctor
Jun 18th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Was Jodi's suggestion about Ink being a woman who underwent chemotherapy a hint about his medical condition? Of course she didn't know, since she was just offering reasons that the person standing outside the solitary inmate's cell might be woman. It is chapter 5 when they are looking at the security camera feed and discover someone, who is later to be revealed as Ink, looking into one of the cells. I understand and appreciate that she is a very strong woman character, and that she wants to remind the others that women are as capable of anything as men. However, her insistence for open mindedness always struck me as oddly placed and inappropriately timed. It culminated with her suggestion that the person could be bald due to cancer treatment, which we learned at the end that Ink had.

Side note: Does Ink continue to shave his hair?

Witch_Doctor
Aug 30th, 2016, 05:56 PM
Thank you KC.

Something occurred to me that I completely over looked. Tonya suggested that Ink created the Little Ones because the Behemoths were not very controllable. Again, my hat's off to you, sir.

KPCoyote
Aug 31st, 2016, 09:06 PM
Something occurred to me that I completely over looked. Tonya suggested that Ink created the Little Ones because the Behemoths were not very controllable. Again, my hat's off to you, sir.

Thank you. I think Austin/Arrowface was kept in control by giving him people to "play" with in the arena. Otherwise I don't think that Ink would have been able to keep him in check.

klimbo123
Jan 23rd, 2019, 01:39 PM
One part that is worth re-listening to is the "Breakfast Club" moment the inmates are having in Chapter 4 after they decide to wait for the power to shut off. Everyone talks about what got them placed behind bars, goaded on by Jeremy who refuses to participate. He doesn't object to Jodi telling the others what his file says. He even says that he is eager to hear what is in it too. This piece doesn't point to anything concrete in the story, but it does support Jeremy's claim that he is in the jail to kill Simeon.

Also, listen to the beginning when Simeon narrates about entering T-Block. A guard can be heard bringing Jeremy's transfer papers. Again, nothing concrete, other than to single out Jeremy as an inmate in transit. Keep in mind that he was in T-Block for a couple of hours before Jeremy, but KC felt it important to mention him as someone with a special status (as a trustee) mixed in with the inmates who're going Bluestacks (https://bluestacks.vip/) Kodi (https://kodi.software/) Lucky Patcher (https://luckypatcher.pro/) up-state.

All of this points to 'Jeremy's' revelation that he somehow arranged to be on the bus accompanying Simeon, in order to kill him. His false ID is suggested by him questioning Simeon, asking, "Who's Jeremy?"

i want to ask the same question