PDA

View Full Version : The Family

KPCoyote
Jun 4th, 2016, 10:41 PM
Does anyone really believe that Scratch is really dead? And if she is, then why didn't Jeremy try killing Burt? Or Pegs? Or even Hope? Or did that detail never get around to Jeremy? If she was saved by Jeremy, what has she been waiting for?
If it does get around to Jeremy, will he bring the wrath of the family down on them? By the sounds of the last episode is Story of Survival, that may be one of the groups the colony is having problems with.

Kc
Jun 4th, 2016, 11:00 PM
Does anyone really believe that Scratch is really dead? And if she is, then why didn't Jeremy try killing Burt? Or Pegs? Or even Hope? Or did that detail never get around to Jeremy? If she was saved by Jeremy, what has she been waiting for?
If it does get around to Jeremy, will he bring the wrath of the family down on them? By the sounds of the last episode is Story of Survival, that may be one of the groups the colony is having problems with.

Two things... Did Burt "kill" Scratch? Or was that just "time"?

Also, a vendetta doesn't always apply to everyone. There are 3 different families, and they don't always get along.

KPCoyote
Jun 5th, 2016, 12:33 AM

Also, a vendetta doesn't always apply to everyone. There are 3 different families, and they don't always get along.

As a mystic teacher once said, " ...from a certain point of view."
Did Burt "kill" Scratch. By leaving her the way he did that could be considered a long way to kill someone. If she never got out, which I love how you dance around that one, then yeah time ultimately would have killed her.

I don't know enough about these three families to make any intelligent points. What worries me is that there are still enough of them alive and in the background. After all this what would be their ultimate goal anyway?

Lilydragon
Jun 5th, 2016, 01:07 AM
Gee, do I feel out of the loop... O_o

Witch_Doctor
Jun 5th, 2016, 08:26 AM

Very good question.

Wow, this actually brings up an interesting quandary. If this were the case, then this could lead to an uncontrollable web of revenge killings. It would really make for great story telling but maybe the execution of it could get messy and tangled. The mafia and other crime syndicates implemented codes of conducts among themselves to prevent endless fighting interfering with their operations.

Could it be that revenge killings are only sanctioned by members of different Families but not required? That is, if someone from the Illuminati Family is killed then the Bush Family and the Kennedy Family are not required to carry out the revenge killing but only required to support the Illuminati's right to vengeance?

Maybe this is why Durai was willing to look the other way with Pegs, because Latch wasn't part of his Family, but Angel Tenudo Sr. was. (Then again, maybe Durai was more interested in creating a new world. People seem to get like that during the Apocalypse.)

Witch_Doctor
Jun 5th, 2016, 08:36 AM
As a mystic teacher once said, " ...from a certain point of view."
Did Burt "kill" Scratch. By leaving her the way he did that could be considered a long way to kill someone. If she never got out, which I love how you dance around that one, then yeah time ultimately would have killed her.

Asked another way, did he take her life or did he prevent her being able to continue living? Is there a difference?

Questions like this is why I majored in Philosophy. :D

KPCoyote
Jun 5th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Asked another way, did he take her life or did he prevent her being able to continue living? Is there a difference?

Questions like this is why I majored in Philosophy. :D

He definitely took away her ability to continue living above ground. He effective gave her a death sentence. And by doing so he took her life.

KPCoyote
Jun 5th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Gee, do I feel out of the loop... O_o

Never too late to join in. Do you have any questions?

cappuccino136
Jun 5th, 2016, 11:41 AM
I can see the Families becoming a new leadership and rebuilding the post-apocalyptic world the way that they want it. Would they actually declare themselves and formally make a new government? Or, would they infiltrate different colonies and consolidate power behind the scenes in different regions.

I agree that perhaps Scratch's death would not spark a vendetta war even if Jeremy knew who was responsible. She was not in good standing even in her own family. And she had killed Durai.

KPCoyote
Jun 5th, 2016, 12:09 PM
I can see the Families becoming a new leadership and rebuilding the post-apocalyptic world the way that they want it. Would they actually declare themselves and formally make a new government? Or, would they infiltrate different colonies and consolidate power behind the scenes in different regions.

I agree that perhaps Scratch's death would not spark a vendetta war even if Jeremy knew who was responsible. She was not in good standing even in her own family. And she had killed Durai.

Good points. Since Bogart and Jodi are on such good terms with Jeremy, what does that mean for them in Family terms? Would they be granted a rank or some other boon?

cappuccino136
Jun 5th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Good points. Since Bogart and Jodi are on such good terms with Jeremy, what does that mean for them in Family terms? Would they be granted a rank or some other boon?

I think Bogart and Jodi would be granted ally or associate status. Would they want to become actual members of the family? I think that if they wanted to, they would be given the opportunity to earn that.

That is, of course, depending on if he actually revealed the Family connection to them. He keeps everything very close to the vest. I don't think it is likely he told CJ. Otherwise, she may not have allowed him to talk to Simeon and given him the chance to complete his assassination. Of course, if he told her everything, she would probably have thought it was a just sentence for Simeon.

So, do you think he told Bogart, Jodi, or CJ about his ties to the Families? Will he keep CJ and his child secret from the rest of the family? If Jeremy is a big figure in the leadership, his child might be heir to the reigns of power someday.

KPCoyote
Jun 5th, 2016, 02:30 PM
I think Bogart and Jodi would be granted ally or associate status. Would they want to become actual members of the family? I think that if they wanted to, they would be given the opportunity to earn that.

That is, of course, depending on if he actually revealed the Family connection to them. He keeps everything very close to the vest. I don't think it is likely he told CJ. Otherwise, she may not have allowed him to talk to Simeon and given him the chance to complete his assassination. Of course, if he told her everything, she would probably have thought it was a just sentence for Simeon.

So, do you think he told Bogart, Jodi, or CJ about his ties to the Families? Will he keep CJ and his child secret from the rest of the family? If Jeremy is a big figure in the leadership, his child might be heir to the reigns of power someday.

Well he recorded what he said and did to Simeon and left it for CJ in way of explanation. And she has experience and knowledge of the Families to put some pieces together. I'm sure she would keep that information in the back of her mind always when it comes to her daughter. Which is probably why she wants her daughter trained to fight so that she has a better chance to protect herself.
CJ has the habit of keeping secrets. She still keeps Nicholas's secret from the rest of the colony. So keeping the secret about her daughter would be just another to tuck away.
Now that I have been thinking about "the Family", I think the best Bogart and Jodi could hope for is a place or rank in the organization. But they wouldn't be "IN" the family. Again, I am working on assumptions at this point.

GamerGirl
Jun 5th, 2016, 05:58 PM
2 things (but one was already said).

1) Scrach's standing in the family is questionable - she may actually be an outcast who barely made it back in by letting them out of eastern bay. (Already mentioned but really worth repeating)

2) there is a decent chance that Jeremy does not know about cj being pregnant. The only mention of it is at the end when they visit the towers (& no mention of how far along she is). Puck is over protective - for all we know she may have conceived the night before he left.

KPCoyote
Jun 5th, 2016, 07:02 PM
GamerGirl's second point is a very good one. At some point I would be interested to see this explained in the future.

Kat E
Jun 5th, 2016, 08:53 PM
The freakin Family needs some major cleansing. Some new rules at least. Rape a woman, some male body parts need to start flying off. We don't need any more crazy, broken Scratch types in a post-Apocalypse.

I have to give it up for Durai. The cat was smart and figured out what happened with the infected, tracked their nest at the arena and created a very well- orchestrated plan to take them out. IMichael would have been impressed if he'd known. If darned Durai hadn't also been such a malevolent dictator and ruthless taskmaster ... I think the LA survivors could have come together as an amazing team and built something pretty brilliant. CJ and Durai as the planners, with Michael and Jeremy as the executioners (of the plans), what a different type of World could have been created. There still would have been a lot of conflict between the criminal faction and the average folks, but requiring mandatory therapy with Lizzie ... I'm just sayin, it could have worked. A slim chance, but I'm a sucker for those.

KPCoyote
Jun 5th, 2016, 09:51 PM
The freakin Family needs some major cleansing. Some new rules at least. Rape a woman, some male body parts need to start flying off. We don't need any more crazy, broken Scratch types in a post-Apocalypse.

I have to give it up for Durai. The cat was smart and figured out what happened with the infected, tracked their nest at the arena and created a very well- orchestrated plan to take them out. IMichael would have been impressed if he'd known. If darned Durai hadn't also been such a malevolent dictator and ruthless taskmaster ... I think the LA survivors could have come together as an amazing team and built something pretty brilliant. CJ and Durai as the planners, with Michael and Jeremy as the executioners (of the plans), what a different type of World could have been created. There still would have been a lot of conflict between the criminal faction and the average folks, but requiring mandatory therapy with Lizzie ... I'm just sayin, it could have worked. A slim chance, but I'm a sucker for those.

Those sort of things may have happened in Texas or Baltimore.

Merlin1274
Jun 8th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Well we can all hope one day KC does more with We're Alive and goes into details on the family and what the current state is elswhere. Are there more Ink types in other locations? or was its just an Isolated case in LA.

KPCoyote
Jun 8th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Well we can all hope one day KC does more with We're Alive and goes into details on the family and what the current state is elswhere. Are there more Ink types in other locations? or was its just an Isolated case in LA.

I am anticipating something far worse than Ink.

Merlin1274
Jun 9th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Like the Government. LOL

KPCoyote
Jun 9th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Like the Government. LOL

Government Z

Lilydragon
Jun 9th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Never too late to join in. Do you have any questions?

Thanks, I just need to catch up. In the last 2 years with a highly demanding job, a new baby just weeks younger than KC's, and now becoming a stay at home mom I've fallen behind. I will caatch up eventually.

werewolf
Oct 17th, 2017, 04:38 PM

after re listening to lock down. that did occurred to me too was going to post that question but it was asked and answer already...lol