PDA

View Full Version : Finally Listening Party

KPCoyote
May 27th, 2016, 08:45 PM
So, who is going to have a Listening Party for Lockdown? I am so excited for part six that I had to take the night off from work. :yay:
I know that once the escape plan is started that many of our survivors will probably die. Anyway, I would like to know if anyone else is going to tune into the YouTube live feed of the finally or get together with other fans. Anyone in San Diego? I only know two other fans at work, but they couldn't get the day off.:mad:

Behemothbel1296
May 27th, 2016, 08:48 PM
You know I'd be at that listening party. Unfortunately, I live a ways away from San Diego. Almost two hours I believe. But I cleared my schedule just for this!

KPCoyote
May 27th, 2016, 08:49 PM
You know I'd be at that listening party. Unfortunately, I live a ways away from San Diego. Almost two hours I believe. But I cleared my schedule just for this!

I'm so glad to hear that I will be joined online.

Behemothbel1296
May 28th, 2016, 09:57 PM
I'll be here! :) The only other person that lives near me to listen to it with me is my older sister. We're both anxiously waiting.

Kat E
May 28th, 2016, 11:08 PM
We should pick a specific something to eat and/or drink while watching the Finale from our various locations. I think Trader Joe's has a Fat Weasel Ale, which might be ironic. Pizza and a cheap Chianti would be an idea. PB&J sandwich with a bite out of it, an apple and granola bar...but that's far too difficult to pair with anything but milk. Just a thought to toss out there.

KPCoyote
May 29th, 2016, 09:10 AM
We should pick a specific something to eat and/or drink while watching the Finale from our various locations. I think Trader Joe's has a Fat Weasel Ale, which might be ironic. Pizza and a cheap Chianti would be an idea. PB&J sandwich with a bite out of it, an apple and granola bar...but that's far too difficult to pair with anything but milk. Just a thought to toss out there.

That sounds like fun. I have some of those items already.

Witch_Doctor
May 29th, 2016, 12:54 PM

I LOVE this idea. I might drink a Gatorade and set aside a glass in memory of Gavin, in case he doesn't survive. I have to say that RAT will not likely be on my menu.

Kat E
May 29th, 2016, 10:23 PM
I LOVE this idea. I might drink a Gatorade and set aside a glass in memory of Gavin, in case he doesn't survive. I have to say that RAT will not likely be on my menu.

Rats get a bad wrap and don't deserve to be a menu item. Poor squeaky, furry guys. Funnily enough, it would take an apocalypse to make me drink Gatorade. I've just never acquired the taste.

I'I did go and buy a six pack of Fat Weasel Ale in anticipation. m thinking of cookies for dessert, like fig newtons or Oreos, or perhaps a traditional chocolate chip.

KPCoyote
May 29th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Rats get a bad wrap and don't deserve to be a menu item. Poor squeaky, furry guys. Funnily enough, it would take an apocalypse to make me drink Gatorade. I've just never acquired the taste.

I'I did go and buy a six pack of Fat Weasel Ale in anticipation. m thinking of cookies for dessert, like fig newtons or Oreos, or perhaps a traditional chocolate chip.

Don't forget Skittles.

Kat E
May 30th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Don't forget Skittles.
I was trying to stay more WALD than WA. But if we add Skittles then Chips and Salsa for Tommy need to be added for an App. Wow! And Ouch!! A menu for teenagers. Maybe we should add a Quinoa and Kale salad as a side dish for anyone over 30. :>}

KPCoyote
May 30th, 2016, 07:41 PM
I was trying to stay more WALD than WA. But if we add Skittles then Chips and Salsa for Tommy need to be added for an App. Wow! And Ouch!! A menu for teenagers. Maybe we should add a Quinoa and Kale salad as a side dish for anyone over 30. :>}

Lol! I'm probably going with Chicken Pot Pies from a shop in San Diego. I believe that I'll need the comfort food.

Behemothbel1296
Jun 1st, 2016, 08:42 AM

Ew! No. No rats for me either. However, I might go with a gatorade as well. With a PB&J and cookies.

Behemothbel1296
Jun 1st, 2016, 08:44 AM
Lol! I'm probably going with Chicken Pot Pies from a shop in San Diego. I believe that I'll need the comfort food.

I might need to add chips and salsa to my menu here too, and a bag of sour skittles. And a carton of ice-cream for afterwords.

KPCoyote
Jun 1st, 2016, 10:48 AM
I might need to add chips and salsa to my menu here too, and a bag of sour skittles. And a carton of ice-cream for afterwords.

See! Food does go with story telling.

turbo
Jun 1st, 2016, 12:00 PM
Going for Pizza in Chicago! Might make it Ninja Turtle style and put some skittles on it ;)

KPCoyote
Jun 1st, 2016, 04:05 PM
Going for Pizza in Chicago! Might make it Ninja Turtle style and put some skittles on it ;)

Take pictures

Kat E
Jun 1st, 2016, 06:10 PM
Wow. We can serve corn/tortilla chips and salsa and or guacamole to be gluten free-vegan. Pizza, which depending on the ingredients, can be suited to any dietary restrictions and can be cooked over an open fire if necessary. Ice cream in an apocalyptic situation is tougher. I can bake a cookie in a Dutch oven over an open fire, but ice and cream to make that dessert would be tough. Hmmm, if you had a cow and a canister of nitrogen that would work. Where there's a will there's a way. Skittles likely have a shelf life that will outlive us all, and would go well on top of ice cream. An interesting yet still authentic menu to say the least. Good work people!!

Witch_Doctor
Jun 1st, 2016, 06:27 PM
Baked mac & cheese with bread crumbs on top. Bread pudding for desert. This reminds me that I need to start working on that Foods of We're Alive wiki entry.

KPCoyote
Jun 1st, 2016, 07:20 PM
Baked mac & cheese with bread crumbs on top. Bread pudding for desert. This reminds me that I need to start working on that Foods of We're Alive wiki entry.

Foods to Survive By
Written by Witch_Doctor

Behemothbel1296
Jun 1st, 2016, 08:51 PM
See! Food does go with story telling.

I agree. I'd miss all this food if I lived in the tower.

Behemothbel1296
Jun 1st, 2016, 08:54 PM
Wow. We can serve corn/tortilla chips and salsa and or guacamole to be gluten free-vegan. Pizza, which depending on the ingredients, can be suited to any dietary restrictions and can be cooked over an open fire if necessary. Ice cream in an apocalyptic situation is tougher. I can bake a cookie in a Dutch oven over an open fire, but ice and cream to make that dessert would be tough. Hmmm, if you had a cow and a canister of nitrogen that would work. Where there's a will there's a way. Skittles likely have a shelf life that will outlive us all, and would go well on top of ice cream. An interesting yet still authentic menu to say the least. Good work people!!

Now I want guacamole.

KPCoyote
Jun 1st, 2016, 08:59 PM
I agree. I'd miss all this food if I lived in the tower.

You have to search for more food at some point. This event just demands that we return to our roots.

Kat E
Jun 1st, 2016, 10:40 PM
Now that heavy carbs seem to be a theme: Great beer pairing---super giant soft pretzel with a side of pub cheese, marinara or your favorite mustard. Or just slice it and stuff it with whatever is handy. No rat though.

KPCoyote
Jun 1st, 2016, 11:06 PM
What about the Glucose intolerant? Or Vegan survivors?

Kat E
Jun 2nd, 2016, 12:29 AM
What about the Glucose intolerant? Or Vegan survivors?
Thought about that too and already addressed the vegan and gluten intolerant earlier. Glucose intolerant are diabetic, so they need to manage more portion control depending on the menu item and its sugar conversion, easy on the carbs and anything else high in sugar. Very light on the Skittles and ice cream.

KPCoyote
Jun 2nd, 2016, 01:15 AM
Thought about that too and already addressed the vegan and gluten intolerant earlier. Glucose intolerant are diabetic, so they need to manage more portion control depending on the menu item and its sugar conversion, easy on the carbs and anything else high in sugar. Very light on the Skittles and ice cream.

Cucumbers

Kat E
Jun 2nd, 2016, 12:02 PM
Cucumbers

Cool as a cucumber idea.
English or Persian? Traditional cucumbers... the seeds are too big, the skin is really tough and they're very watery. Oooo, cucumber "finger" sandwiches would be very appropriate. Tint the Neufchâtel or Cream Cheese RED and that would be a total scream!! Tack watercress leaves on the ends for fingernails to trick them out. Healthy and scarily delicious. To be vegan-friendly you could use cashew or Brazil nut cheese.

KPCoyote
Jun 2nd, 2016, 02:32 PM
Now see; I would never had any idea on how to take a simple cucumber and turn it into "finger" sandwiches. Brilliant!

Kat E
Jun 2nd, 2016, 02:41 PM
I belong to a family of foodies, including a CIA chef, the culinary school not the agency peeps. For those that may be interested, the Long Beach Vegan Festival is this Saturday 6/4/16. Just throwing it out there. Might be a healthy way to decompress after listening to everyone die in the finale...or celebrate everyone surviving and remaining ALIVE.

KPCoyote
Jun 2nd, 2016, 04:03 PM
I belong to a family of foodies, including a CIA chef, the culinary school not the agency peeps. For those that may be interested, the Long Beach Vegan Festival is this Saturday 6/4/16. Just throwing it out there. Might be a healthy way to decompress after listening to everyone die in the finale...or celebrate everyone surviving and remaining ALIVE.

I love the sound of that. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend due to work.

Witch_Doctor
Jun 2nd, 2016, 05:21 PM
Cucumbers

Ooohhh!!! How could we forget the cucumbers?

Anyway, like I was sayin', cucumber is the fruit of the Tower. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh,cucumber -kabobs, cucumber creole, cucumber gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple cucumber, lemon cucumber, coconut cucumber, pepper cucumber,cucumber soup, cucumber stew, cucumber salad, cucumber and potatoes, cucumber burger, cucumber sandwich..

KPCoyote
Jun 2nd, 2016, 06:24 PM
Ooohhh!!! How could we forget the cucumbers?

Anyway, like I was sayin', cucumber is the fruit of the Tower. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh,cucumber -kabobs, cucumber creole, cucumber gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple cucumber, lemon cucumber, coconut cucumber, pepper cucumber,cucumber soup, cucumber stew, cucumber salad, cucumber and potatoes, cucumber burger, cucumber sandwich..

And I will name my helicopter Jenny.

Kat E
Jun 2nd, 2016, 11:30 PM
I love the sound of that. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend due to work.

Bummer. Depending on the death toll in Episode 6, I may not be up for going myself. Still keeping hope Alive. PLUS, I just set up YouTube on my TV so I can watch the finale on a big screen. I so love technology. I've been watching Apt2C on my iPhone, so now it will be like being there.

KPCoyote
Jun 2nd, 2016, 11:35 PM
Bummer. Depending on the death toll in Episode 6, I may not be up for going myself. Still keeping hope Alive. PLUS, I just set up YouTube on my TV so I can watch the finale on a big screen. I so love technology. I've been watching Apt2C on my iPhone, so now it will be like being there.

I want to do that at home. Not sure if I will be able to.

turbo
Jun 3rd, 2016, 03:11 PM
Make sure you hop on www.werealive.com/walive (http://www.werealive.com/walive) at 6pm PST! The chat is setup on the right of the stream. That chat is setup for spoilers. If you want to view the YouTube channel directly click here (https://www.youtube.com/user/waylandprod/live), that page will NOT allow any spoilers!

KPCoyote
Jun 3rd, 2016, 03:43 PM
Make sure you hop on www.werealive.com/walive (http://www.werealive.com/walive) at 6pm PST! The chat is setup on the right of the stream. That chat is setup for spoilers. If you want to view the YouTube channel directly click here (https://www.youtube.com/user/waylandprod/live), that page will NOT allow any spoilers!

Either is fine for me. I don't know any spoilers.

KPCoyote
Jun 3rd, 2016, 11:46 PM
KC and Grayson, could you contact me via phone. I know that you have my number. I have a question about my one line in the show.

Kc
Jun 4th, 2016, 12:47 PM
KC and Grayson, could you contact me via phone. I know that you have my number. I have a question about my one line in the show.
E-mail me, kc@zombiepodcast.com

KPCoyote
Jun 4th, 2016, 01:42 PM
E-mail me, kc@zombiepodcast.com

Complete.

Behemothbel1296
Jun 8th, 2016, 06:41 PM
You have to search for more food at some point. This event just demands that we return to our roots.

I agree.