PDA

View Full Version : Lockdown Part 3 - WARNING Contains spoilers

Kc
May 2nd, 2016, 04:30 PM
Well here it is, the half-way point. Hope you all are enjoying so far.

MrRedBeard
May 2nd, 2016, 05:01 PM
Feels too short already..... So anything in the works for the We're Alive universe?

Witch_Doctor
May 2nd, 2016, 08:01 PM
Feels too short already..... So anything in the works for the We're Alive universe?

Haven't you heard? We're Alive; The Witch Doctor Chronicles :D

MrRedBeard
May 2nd, 2016, 10:26 PM
Haven't you heard? We're Alive; The Witch Doctor Chronicles :D

I would so listen to that

Kc
May 3rd, 2016, 10:54 AM
Goldrush and the working title "Angels and Demons", but that's much further down the line. Goldrush starts pre-production after I finish Lockdown and the AD book.

Storm
May 3rd, 2016, 12:21 PM
This was ... awesome :D
Only thing I have to say is...Mark fired the taser like a second before Chuck stabbed him, or at least a second before the spear cuts him...That's kinda interesting, though I guess Mark could be reacting to Chuck's movement as he prepares to stab...I dunno...

Kat E
May 3rd, 2016, 10:25 PM
Wow!! A nail biter. Seriously, I lost a thumb nail listening to this one. Mark has his issues, but I was really rooting for him. I liked Chuck too, but selfish pricks...just sayin'. This is kind of like the Poseidon Adventure but instead of a vessel filling up with water..it's quickly being filled up with bodies and blood. Awesome job KC and team!!!

wh33t
May 4th, 2016, 02:24 AM
The overall production quality is absolutely superb!

However I am disappointed that it's half over now and still hasn't tied into the original WA universe a whole lot. Other than hearing a few juicy details about "The Families" there hasn't been a whole lot of cross over just yet, or have I missed some things?

I in no way regret supporting the Kickstarter, in fact 10/10 would crowdfund again, but was hoping for more tie in. I'll have to be patient and see where the story goes next.

nikvoodoo
May 4th, 2016, 04:21 AM
Gotta say it takes some extreme talent to unleash a foot chase in an audio format and allow it to be easy to follow. Good job cast and crew!

And poor, poor Mitchell!

Storm
May 4th, 2016, 06:25 AM
The overall production quality is absolutely superb!

However I am disappointed that it's half over now and still hasn't tied into the original WA universe a whole lot. Other than hearing a few juicy details about "The Families" there hasn't been a whole lot of cross over just yet, or have I missed some things?

I in no way regret supporting the Kickstarter, in fact 10/10 would crowdfund again, but was hoping for more tie in. I'll have to be patient and see where the story goes next.

All I want for Christmas is Ink... :D
As it looks now, Simon was there only until Ink showed up, unless the last half makes a bunch of timejumps, which I guess is possible too...He did say "till the bitter end" after all...Guess we'll find out NeXT week,heh.

Witch_Doctor
May 5th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Similarities to A Story of Survival pop up in this episode, from the risky search for a cell phone (The hunt for the Satellite Phone) to the concern about setting off alarms when opening doors (The Reserve Base' arms locker compared to Jodi opening the door to the hallway.)

I kind of thought the inmates eking out their own little corners in the holding room reminded me or the Tower Survivors picking out their apartments. Jodi's efforts to gain access to the surveillance cameras...

OK, maybe I'm reaching, but I'll admit that I'm on the look out for Easter Eggs.

Witch_Doctor
May 5th, 2016, 06:17 PM
In this episode we see personality traits of the Behemoths in Fredo. The other inmates often comment about him keeping to himself, being selfish or, basically, not playing well with others.

We also begin to see his propensity of disobedience. He's big, strong and useful, but he's not easily controlled.

Witch_Doctor
May 5th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Only thing I have to say is...Mark fired the taser like a second before Chuck stabbed him, or at least a second before the spear cuts him...That's kinda interesting, though I guess Mark could be reacting to Chuck's movement as he prepares to stab...I dunno...

The cliffhanger that results from this is has me wondering if Mark has been infected with someones else blood. He seems to suspect something when he snaps at the other guys near the end.

Storm
May 5th, 2016, 11:11 PM
The cliffhanger that results from this is has me wondering if Mark has been infected with someones else blood. He seems to suspect something when he snaps at the other guys near the end.

Maybe the Z that grabbed onto him through the door afterwards...Simon did throatstab it, maybe some blood hit Mark's wound?
He could be the NeXT to die...Or second, if he manages to take someone out first...I think the likelyhood of him turning is decently sized at least...

Litmaster
May 6th, 2016, 06:39 AM

Maybe the Z that grabbed onto him through the door afterwards...Simon did throatstab it, maybe some blood hit Mark's wound?
He could be the NeXT to die...Or second, if he manages to take someone out first...I think the likelyhood of him turning is decently sized at least...

I think the answer is simple: Chuck just got through stabbing a bunch of Zeds with that spear, then used the same blood-soaked spear tip to stab Mark.

Boom, instant infection. :zombie:

Storm
May 6th, 2016, 07:19 AM
I think the answer is simple: Chuck just got through stabbing a bunch of Zeds with that spear, then used the same blood-soaked spear tip to stab Mark.

Boom, instant infection.
I thought that too at first, but I'm pretty sure Chuck didn't use the spear before that. The one sombie that they kill before entering the room to grab the phone wasn't killed with a stab, but more of a smack from something, so I'm thinking Jeremy...It also sounds like he confirms the kill afterwards, so...

eda14
May 6th, 2016, 08:22 AM
I had two thoughts listening through part 3 again today.

1- When everyone is trying to barricade the door, the music reminded me very much of Ink's....cry? Scream? Call? Whatever the noise he makes to call others, that.
2- I loved the little bit of comedic relief in the chase. "Poor Mitchel, He was cool. What about him; you know this guy? Nah, kill away. Alright"

Merlin1274
May 9th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Its pure awesomeness so far. Outstanding work and performances. RIP Chuck. Didn't like him much though but he had some valid points.
Maybe we will see him later. Left for dead but wakes up and is stuck there or returns and becomes Zombie Chuck seeking revenge.
I think Marc is fixing to turn from that last sound byte or maybe we are supposed to think that.

I like the Idea that Fredo becomes the first Behemoth. Witch_Doctor made some good points with that.
I am sad its halfway over but can't wait for the rest..

Matt Gossett
May 9th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Similarities to A Story of Survival pop up in this episode, from the risky search for a cell phone (The hunt for the Satellite Phone) to the concern about setting off alarms when opening doors (The Reserve Base' arms locker compared to Jodi opening the door to the hallway.)

I kind of thought the inmates eking out their own little corners in the holding room reminded me or the Tower Survivors picking out their apartments. Jodi's efforts to gain access to the surveillance cameras...

OK, maybe I'm reaching, but I'll admit that I'm on the look out for Easter Eggs.

I had two thoughts listening through part 3 again today.

1- When everyone is trying to barricade the door, the music reminded me very much of Ink's....cry? Scream? Call? Whatever the noise he makes to call others, that.
2- I loved the little bit of comedic relief in the chase. "Poor Mitchel, He was cool. What about him; you know this guy? Nah, kill away. Alright"

Here's another one. eda14's post reminds me on Angels line, "Shoot that bitch in the face". One of my favorite quotes in the series!!!

Zombiemom
May 9th, 2016, 12:36 PM

Boom, instant infection. :zombie:

Well they did say at the end, "he's covered in blood" and then "most of its not even his blood. So I'm thinking its a Tommy situation where just a bit of blood can get into the wound and infect him.

Zombiemom
May 9th, 2016, 12:39 PM
For some reason I just had a feels that chuck wouldn't make it through the episode. I was surprised it wasn't a zombie that did him in though.

Witch_Doctor
May 9th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Here's another one. eda14's post reminds me on Angels line, "Shoot that bitch in the face". One of my favorite quotes in the series!!!
Good one. That comedic banter was pretty good. One of my favorite lines.

Witch_Doctor
May 9th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Can you imagine what they will watch once the cameras are up and running?

Kat E
May 9th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Well they did say at the end, "he's covered in blood" and then "most of its not even his blood. So I'm thinking its a Tommy situation where just a bit of blood can get into the wound and infect him.

How about Mark's coughing and sniffling as the inmates leave to make weapons. He's also not had much of an appetite (everyone including Gavin is screamingly hungry) and his thought processes seem a tad cloudy (some poor judgment in dealing with the inmates and he should know better). So is Mark coming down with something flu-like or something more life threatening?? Oooo scary kids.

Witch_Doctor
May 9th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Well, if Mark is on his way out, that will shatter the whole dangerous but vulnerable prisoner and controlling guard dynamic. I can't wait to see how this cliffhanger pans out.

Kat E
May 10th, 2016, 10:25 PM
Spoiler Alert for anyone who hasn't listened to the first 3 Chapters of We're Alive. The timeline as we wrap up LD Episode 3 in the Twin Towers jail it's a heart pumping, early morning of day three, post-outbreak--May 10, 2009. The inmates/guards have makeshift weapons, a small truce established, limited access to other areas, have a good supply of food and water, yet are surrounded by infected. On another side of town we have the WA Tower where we've lost Todd and rescued Lizzie the night before, and our merry band is busily scavenging their new digs for supplies, and securing the lobby-again. Meanwhile, Burt is still trapped in the bathroom of his own gun store without weapons or food, and is barred from going anywhere, including arming himself, because the infected are waiting just outside the door. Query: So now that the scenario is fully established...under those conditions would you rather be with other people trapped in a jail or all by your lonesome in your bathroom when you're surrounded by things that want to disassemble and eat you?? There's no right answer, but I also don't think the answer is as easy at it may appear at first blush. It may even become more complicated as the rest of Lockdown unfolds. Just food for thought.

REZombie
May 10th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Its been while since I have been in here posting! glad to see some familiar faces.... Just caught up with ep. 1, 2 and 3...Gonna listen for a second time before digging in.. But just wanted to say the KC has knocked this out of the park again! the cast is awesome, and i'm loving Lockdown.

jackd87
May 11th, 2016, 01:27 AM
Really enjoying this new adventure...would be quite happy to see it go up to chapter 48 same as WA! Just saying KC...if you make it, we will listen! If Mark (Dyke) doesn't make it then I see them all turning on Danni and bullying her into letting them out!

Would be interesting to see anything of Ink or his experiments in seg (that Puck and the soldiers found)

Doomblade
May 11th, 2016, 02:36 AM
Well damn......I had my money on Mark dying first. Looks like he may be on his way out anyways, but poor chuck man

Other than mark I'm gonna say....Bogart goes next

UndeadSweeper
May 11th, 2016, 05:55 AM
Carp, I'm late but Eps 4 is out, lockdown!!!!

Witch_Doctor
May 14th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Spoiler Alert for anyone who hasn't listened to the first 3 Chapters of We're Alive. The timeline as we wrap up LD Episode 3 in the Twin Towers jail it's a heart pumping, early morning of day three, post-outbreak--May 10, 2009. The inmates/guards have makeshift weapons, a small truce established, limited access to other areas, have a good supply of food and water, yet are surrounded by infected. On another side of town we have the WA Tower where we've lost Todd and rescued Lizzie the night before, and our merry band is busily scavenging their new digs for supplies, and securing the lobby-again. Meanwhile, Burt is still trapped in the bathroom of his own gun store without weapons or food, and is barred from going anywhere, including arming himself, because the infected are waiting just outside the door. Query: So now that the scenario is fully established...under those conditions would you rather be with other people trapped in a jail or all by your lonesome in your bathroom when you're surrounded by things that want to disassemble and eat you?? There's no right answer, but I also don't think the answer is as easy at it may appear at first blush. It may even become more complicated as the rest of Lockdown unfolds. Just food for thought.

Very Good!!! I think I would rather be with the jailed. Companions for protection, food, and above all hope.

Storm
May 14th, 2016, 06:58 PM
and above all hope.

Sorry to be the one that has to tell you this, but ...
Hope is blind O.O

Kat E
May 14th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Hope is blind O.O

Poor O.O Hope. After a good deal of thought whether I'd rather be in the inmates situation or Burt's, I'd have to go with the inmates and having at least one other person around. If merely to be able to turn to someone and say "Do you believe this shit!!!" I'm fine with being all by my lonesome, but only having snarling infected on the other side of the door to yell obscenities at would get old fast.

KPCoyote
May 18th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Hope is blind O.O

Is she related to Love?

Kat E
May 19th, 2016, 11:02 PM
I love these types of lines: "And who's gonna go kill themselves over a damn phone?" Well Chuck, being in jail for 7 years you liked missed a lot of horror flicks where you would have learned you never say stuff like that, because the powers-that-be keep an ear out, will hear it and will strike your ass down just to be contrary. I liked Chuck. He had his moments. They were short moments, but I enjoyed them immensely. Fare thee well crusty, old man; you will be missed.

KPCoyote
May 20th, 2016, 08:11 AM
I love these types of lines: "And who's gonna go kill themselves over a damn phone?" Well Chuck, being in jail for 7 years you liked missed a lot of horror flicks where you would have learned you never say stuff like that, because the powers-that-be keep an ear out, will hear it and will strike your ass down just to be contrary. I liked Chuck. He had his moments. They were short moments, but I enjoyed them immensely. Fare thee well crusty, old man; you will be missed.

When Chuck and Mark fight it sounds like Mark shoots him first and then Chuck stabs him. Chuck still made a comment about getting back at Mark for tazing him earlier.

KPCoyote
Jun 13th, 2016, 06:21 AM
Goldrush and the working title "Angels and Demons", but that's much further down the line. Goldrush starts pre-production after I finish Lockdown and the AD book.

When you meet with Tony and the guys to do the brainstorming for lines in this show, please record some of this for posterity. I would like to have a special features experience of how this future show will come to be.

KPCoyote
Jun 13th, 2016, 06:23 AM

I caught that too. I lost all trust in Mark at that point. I don't blame the others for how they feel after that.