PDA

View Full Version : Lockdown Part 1 - WARNING Contains spoilers

Kc
Apr 14th, 2016, 11:50 AM
For those of you coming here early from Kickstarter, welcome! Also, for those of you joining us from the release on the 25th, welcome again! Few ground rules. We have our forum rules, but just to cover a few things.

1. Don't complain about Kickstarter backers getting the episodes early, or that you're mad you missed out. They funded the project, so you wouldn't be listening to anything without them.
2. Don't post spoilers in the thread topics! This is a big one. The topics are posted in various places for links dynamically, so just don't do it.
3. Be kind to each other. You can thrash me, or the story all you want, but just not each other.

That's it for now! Hope you all enjoy. I imagine we'll do some re-organizing of threads as we get more fans coming back, but this is a good starting block.

COsurvivor
Apr 15th, 2016, 01:09 PM
ok, so I just heard on iTunes... NOT upset about Kickstarters, but whatever to me they are just like the MALLERS...

Moving on.

BERT!!!! he is the man, is it me or is his voice a little different? I know its the same actor, but once or twice he sounded a little hoarse or something.

Curious, when would this segment be in the original storyline?

Litmaster
Apr 17th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Booting up... blinking... carbonite thawing...

Yaaaawn.... uh, what's up, guys? Boy, it's been awhile...

jaymike65
Apr 17th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Just finish listening on PodKicker, and I must say this will be a very intriguing story, to learn more of the Maulers and how they come to be. I got my 13yr old listening and now he wants permission to listen to We're Alive.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 18th, 2016, 07:18 PM
No, that's NOT a banana in my pocket. I'm just waiting for Lock Down.
OK, that did NOT come out right. But y'all get my drift. O_o

LiamKerrington
Apr 19th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Resurrecting from the past ... I need some frain-fodder ... Am looking forward to listening to some awesome storytelling ... No doubt about it. And am looking forward to discussing the sh*t out of it ... Or in the words of Mark Watney: "Let's science the shit out of WALockdown ...! In your face, Robert Kirkman!" (Who knows this reference?)

Kc
Apr 19th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Resurrecting from the past ... I need some frain-fodder ... Am looking forward to listening to some awesome storytelling ... No doubt about it. And am looking forward to discussing the sh*t out of it ... Or in the words of Mark Watney: "Let's science the shit out of WALockdown ...! In your face, Robert Kirkman!" (Who knows this reference?)
I have not heard that quote, but I'm curious...

LiamKerrington
Apr 19th, 2016, 09:13 AM
I have not heard that quote, but I'm curious...

In "The Martian" Mark Watney has two quotes: "Let's science the shit out of this" and "In your face, Neil Armstrong." (At least very similar quotes).
And Robert Kirkman is the guy responsible for The Walking Dead ... But, you know ... Once you know We're Alive, The Walking Dead becomes remarkably uninteresting ...Seriously: I like The Walking Dead, the TV show as much as the computer-games from Tell Tale Games ... In my opinion We're Alive is much richer and offers a lot more to think about and to digest - probably, because you have to use your imagination instead of simply watching stuff ...

Ok, so ...

Kc
Apr 19th, 2016, 09:19 AM
In "The Martian" Mark Watney has two quotes: "Let's science the shit out of this" and "In your face, Neil Armstrong." (At least very similar quotes).
And Robert Kirkman is the guy responsible for The Walking Dead ... But, you know ... Once you know We're Alive, The Walking Dead becomes remarkably uninteresting ...Seriously: I like The Walking Dead, the TV show as much as the computer-games from Tell Tale Games ... In my opinion We're Alive is much richer and offers a lot more to think about and to digest - probably, because you have to use your imagination instead of simply watching stuff ...

Ok, so ...
I dig it. Alright, I'll let you all chat :)

UndeadSweeper
Apr 19th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Finally, everyone is up! Welcome back!

UndeadSweeper
Apr 19th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Also this the last time we let Witch Doctor set the Carbonite's setting, I can't believe I had to listen to Disco for almost a year!?!

LiamKerrington
Apr 19th, 2016, 09:49 AM
"Our new celebrity ..."
And we learn some things about the family ...
Does anyone recall how Angel's ring looks like?

LiamKerrington
Apr 19th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Nice. Nicenicenice ... A totally different approach to the ...No, I don't spoil it. I give you 24hrs to catch up ... Until then I have the opportunity to listen to it one or two more times. I think there are some nifty details which may have slipped my attention ...

Storm
Apr 19th, 2016, 10:22 AM
"Our new celebrity ..."
And we learn some things about the family ...
Does anyone recall how Angel's ring looks like?

Artwork for C31 should show it... ^^
And boy, haven't I missed you Guys! <3 It's good to be back!
It's like being dancing on a Rainbow on a bright summerday...Or...More running than dancing...Running from zombies...And with five lines belowe the Rainbow...And the bright summer day being...April the 19th...Buuut still!
Looking forward to part two ^^

LiamKerrington
Apr 19th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Hey there,

thanks, Storm. Yeah, I got it right ... Mh ... That'S fodder for some serious speculation - again ... Yeah, I am sooooooooo excited!

Best wishes!
Liam

LiamKerrington
Apr 19th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Some bits and pieces ...

* Ok, "Our new celebrity" was in a padded cell, until he has been transferred to the other section ... Mh ... "Some high profile murder case ..." ... "fresh tattoos ..."

* One guy (McKibbin or somethin') was supposed to be on the bus fpr the court, but left in solitary ... Ok.

* "7 Block" under construction ... Ok, someone was bleeding, but was no serious issue ...

* Calling for help in "8 Block" ... LOCKDOWN!

Bammm ... !

Litmaster
Apr 19th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Wait, we can talk about the ep? Just heard part 1 / 6

HardKor
Apr 19th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Wait...You guys had Carbonite? They just locked my in the basement!
I did have time to learn the language of the rats though. I've almost got them trained into my own private army.

Anyway, Great to have We're Alive in my earholes again. And we got new cast of characters to get to know, which is great.
First impressions: I had a feeling of "I know where this is going" from the start of this one. It was about introducing the new characters and getting them to the outbreak.
I felt sorry for Boggart and Chuck when they started getting all happy about getting out. All I could think was "No, you poor bastards...No you're not..."
Of course, we had an Ink sighting. Hopefully we'll get some more insight into his mad zombie science. Because "Zombie Mad Scientist" is a crazy awesome concept.
This one is going to be interesting. We're Alive was wide open in a lot of ways. By the end, people could travel all over and do all sorts of stuff. This one is going to be claustrophobic, I think. Trapped in a jail with the monsters, danger potentially lurking around every corner, all that stuff. We might be in for some good old fashioned "haunted house" style horror here.

LiamKerrington
Apr 19th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Wait, we can talk about the ep?

Did I miss something in all the excitement? Are we NOT meant to talk about ep 1o6? If so, I am really, really sorry ...

Witch_Doctor
Apr 19th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Man, oh man! I really love you guys. Great seeing everyone creep back.

LiamKerrington
Apr 19th, 2016, 12:27 PM
*creep*creep*
Like zombird-chirping ... *creep*creep*

:D

Yeah, awesome to see everyone getting back. And I am super-happy that there are new zombo-faces on this fandom as well! Awesome! Literally: "We're Alive!"

Litmaster
Apr 19th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Ok, I'm confused by the title of the thread 'contains spoilers', but I don't know if this will be the thread used for the general population that hears the show next Monday, or specifically for the Kickstarter backers who already heard it today. I don't want to be screwing things up for someone who hasn't heard the show yet. I'll check with Kc or Grayson before getting into specifics...

...that said, I went through one listen of part 1/6 and am totally satisfied with the overall production quality and awesomeness of the episode. I can tell there is a lot buried in there that will require multiple listens, so I'll have much to say later, but overall BRAVO, TEAM WAYLAND!

Litmaster
Apr 19th, 2016, 01:44 PM
And we're already 5 hours after the episode drops and still only on page 3?

Back in the heyday, we'd be on page 20 or so by now... :nik:

MGM Ray
Apr 19th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Wow! Fantastic opening episode "Kc and the Lockdown Gang." It's so nice to get the episode a week before the common folk do and to have a head start on the theories and the Easter eggs within each chapter. I love the sound effects and the music you've introduced into the story. What a positive progression and difference from We're Alive "It begins" Part 1 of 3.

Additionally, I unlike others in here, was not kept ageless in carbonite. My cryochamber had a leak in it and unfortunately I have just kept on aging. I want a refund or a new cryochamber!!

Storm
Apr 19th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Just wait till NeXT week man...Juuust wait...
I think...Not like there's much else to do anyway... O.O
I'll probably give it another listen or two as well, having the NeXT bunch of days off after my exam tomorrow, so that'll be neat~
Anyone else noticed that Arrowhead was played by Kc? XD At least it sounded like that to me, given that was Arrowhead that was in pain and stuff...

Zombiefrog
Apr 19th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Amazing first part. Super excited to listen to more! Amazing sound effects and awesome actors. I completely agree with a previous post this is going to be different to we're alive, more claustrophobic.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 19th, 2016, 05:05 PM

Yeah, perhaps it's because this is three times the length of a regular WA episode.

Kc
Apr 19th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Ok, I'm confused by the title of the thread 'contains spoilers', but I don't know if this will be the thread used for the general population that hears the show next Monday, or specifically for the Kickstarter backers who already heard it today. I don't want to be screwing things up for someone who hasn't heard the show yet. I'll check with Kc or Grayson before getting into specifics...

You guys can actually organize it however you see fit. Mods, want to clean up the organization, explain things a bit? I'm cool with letting you guys run the forum scene again. Let Turbo or I know if you have issues getting in. We have added security measures after the malware over the years.

There are only 900 backers, so that's why. Once the pubic hits, you'll get your numbers.

Wow! Fantastic opening episode "Kc and the Lockdown Gang." It's so nice to get the episode a week before the common folk do and to have a head start on the theories and the Easter eggs within each chapter. I love the sound effects and the music you've introduced into the story. What a positive progression and difference from We're Alive "It begins" Part 1 of 3.

Additionally, I unlike others in here, was not kept ageless in carbonite. My cryochamber had a leak in it and unfortunately I have just kept on aging. I want a refund or a new cryochamber!!

Also, if anyone would like to know, if you listen to the officer in the background when we first get into the jail, that is Ray :)

Just wait till NeXT week man...Juuust wait...
I think...Not like there's much else to do anyway... O.O
I'll probably give it another listen or two as well, having the NeXT bunch of days off after my exam tomorrow, so that'll be neat~
Anyone else noticed that Arrowhead was played by Kc? XD At least it sounded like that to me, given that was Arrowhead that was in pain and stuff...

I played the Drunk... McKibben (Arrowhead) isn't around, but I do play him as the behemoth.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 19th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Also, if anyone would like to know, if you listen to the officer in the background when we first get into the jail, that is Ray :)

Bravo MGM Ray!!!!!

Th3_T3ch
Apr 19th, 2016, 07:22 PM
You guys had carbonite and cryochambers??? I've been infecting (i mean spreading) people with the We're Alive love.

On to the episode, HOLY CR@P does it feel good listening to new We're Alive. Timeline wise, about 5 years have gone by. A couple of lines give you the ability to figure it out (i had time to listen twice). Bravo KC for another great episode, i'm glad we as backers were able to make sure you guys could produce the always reviered quality audio drama that is loved by many.

I can't wait to see what Ink does with his proximity to twin towers... i mean how Simon survives... yeah that is what i mean

wh33t
Apr 19th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Incredible! KC you've outdone yourself! If it's even possible, it seems like the audio quality is even higher than WA. Everything so crisp!

My one gripe... this website is running extremely slow for me, especially on the first page load and when logging in.

So, to jump right into it:

1. This Simon... he claims he's also known as Simian but when we are hearing the prison talk isn't it explicitly stated that Simian is some other dude with a reputation?

LiamKerrington
Apr 19th, 2016, 10:35 PM
Hello.

I don't want to be screwing things up for someone who hasn't heard the show yet. I'll check with Kc or Grayson before getting into specifics...BRAVO, TEAM WAYLAND!

You guys can actually organize it however you see fit. Mods, want to clean up the organization, explain things a bit? I'm cool with letting you guys run the forum scene again. Let Turbo or I know if you have issues getting in. We have added security measures after the malware over the years.

Ok, maybe I should take a good example here and slow down a bit ... Maybe it will be much more fun discussing things when everyone's got the opportunity to listen to the show ...

Best wishes!
Liam

Storm
Apr 20th, 2016, 08:59 AM
I played the Drunk... McKibben (Arrowhead) isn't around, but I do play him as the behemoth.
I was too lazy to look up his actual name...If my memory serves me well though, that was the guy ending up as Arrowhead though, hence why I called him that ^^

molson
Apr 20th, 2016, 09:13 AM
I spent many hours walking the dog and listening to We're Alive - it was so great to download new content and stroll around the neighborhood listening to it again.

And I really enjoyed the first episode. I thought the first 15 minutes were a little chaotic and tough to follow - starting with an action scene was maybe a little jarring. I was trying to remember if I was supposed to know about whatever mission Puck and Burt and the gang were on. But once things settled in at the jail I was hooked. There's really a potential for a different kind of suspense in this one, in that we know more than the characters do. We know why things are delayed and tense at the jail, we know exactly who the mystery inmate is, I think we even know why the traffic was so bad, and we know what is about to happen at that jail loading area - and we know that these characters are going to find out really, really soon. The only disappointment for me is that we're already 1/6 of the way through it.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 20th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Oh gosh I forgot this feel. We return to the moment when we need to wait til the next eps. I need a IV stat!!!!!!

Witch_Doctor
Apr 20th, 2016, 01:56 PM
You guys had carbonite and cryochambers??? I've been infecting (i mean spreading) people with the We're Alive love.

On to the episode, HOLY CR@P does it feel good listening to new We're Alive. Timeline wise, about 5 years have gone by. A couple of lines give you the ability to figure it out (i had time to listen twice).
I don't like the cold, so I time traveled instead. Took a wrong turn in Albuquerque, ended up in a Perpendicular Universe... Now THAT'S a good Biter. About the timeline, when CJ started to interview Simon, she said the date was July 14, 2010. The outbreak started May 8th, 2009.

Oh gosh I forgot this feel. We return to the moment when we need to wait til the next eps. I need a IV stat!!!!!!

YEP!!! It took me a while to finish the first episode. After listening to it twice, I was ready or the next one. Then it hit me... the wait begins. AGAIN!

Storm
Apr 20th, 2016, 02:39 PM
I don't like the cold, so I time traveled instead. Took a wrong turn in Albuquerque, ended up in a Perpendicular Universe... Now THAT'S a good Biter. About the timeline, when CJ started to interview Simon, she said the date was July 14, 2010. The outbreak started May 8th, 2009.

YEP!!! It took me a while to finish the first episode. After listening to it twice, I was ready or the next one. Then it hit me... the wait begins. AGAIN!

You know...Before this release I was thinking that it would take place around the time that Burt and Puck go there and discover the book with Ink's mark...But I just listened to that part of 48 Again, and that happened one or two years after Nick was born...I didn't think they went back to the jail before that though, but CJ says that they tried, and that there'd been an electrical fire, so the tapes couldn't be retrieved as Simon suggests...

Witch_Doctor
Apr 20th, 2016, 02:55 PM
About the timeline, when CJ started to interview Simon, she said the date was July 14, 2010. The outbreak started May 8th, 2009. This places the current event about four months from the "The Ink Runs Dry" Nicholas is conceived on July 4th, 2009, born in March 2010. Ink runs dry sometime shortly after that.

During this time: Puck heals from his wounds, the Colonists track down some Mallers (with pretty good intell too. They have a list and know Weasel by sight.)

My first round of questions:
When did Simon escape and how long was he alone before his capture by the Mallers? When the Fort Irwin Soldiers investigate the twin Towers jail they discover Behemoths roaming around inside. It seems likely that Simon escaped before too long. I can't imagine them being in there with the Big Ones very long, safely. We can guess that he was captured AFTER the team took the Colony from the Mallers because of unfamiliarity with the Colony. (So he says.)
When did the electrical fire, that CJ said destroyed the surveillance system in the jail take place? The power was out when the Fort Irwin soldiers went there, and it was a year or two later when the Colonists went back to retrieve their bodies. So it is more likely that it happened before the power grid went down.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 20th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Simon's "rescue" reminds me so much of Pippen's and Kalani's. He's mistrusted and under the suspicion of being a plant. He pleads while he struggles to prove that he's not. He is introduced to community's rules. Could it be that third time's a charm, or should CJ be prudent to not trust him? On one hand, his story is how we learn about what happened at Twin Towers Jail, this the more pragmatic option. On the other hand, is he hiding something? Puck isn't present for CJ's interview and he was the only one up to this point to venture into the jail.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 20th, 2016, 03:21 PM
You know...Before this release I was thinking that it would take place around the time that Burt and Puck go there and discover the book with Ink's mark...But I just listened to that part of 48 Again, and that happened one or two years after Nick was born...I didn't think they went back to the jail before that though, but CJ says that they tried, and that there'd been an electrical fire, so the tapes couldn't be retrieved as Simon suggests...

You posted this just I was writing the same thing. It's great that we can still sift through the old episodes and find that they are still relevant to the new story.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 20th, 2016, 03:35 PM

Ahhhh!!! I got what you're saying. The order of event's as we know them are: 1) Events of Lockdown, 2) Irwin Soldiers investigate the jail, 3)Simon is found by Burt, Puck and CJ, 4) One or two years after Nicholas is born, Burt and Puck return to the jail.
So, they must have learned about the electrical fire sometime between events 2 and 3.

KPCoyote
Apr 20th, 2016, 09:06 PM
On behalf of the Backers I would just like to say that I am very happy to have helped, in a small way, in bringing the next Story of Survival to everyone. Holding my tongue and not spoiling anything is very difficult. But heck, I'm just ecstatic that there is NEW episodes to listen to. And they are FABULOUS!

KPCoyote
Apr 20th, 2016, 09:19 PM
About the timeline, when CJ started to interview Simon, she said the date was July 14, 2010. The outbreak started May 8th, 2009. This places the current event about four months from the "The Ink Runs Dry" Nicholas is conceived on July 4th, 2009, born in March 2010. Ink runs dry sometime shortly after that.

During this time: Puck heals from his wounds, the Colonists track down some Mallers (with pretty good intell too. They have a list and know Weasel by sight.)

My first round of questions:
When did Simon escape and how long was he alone before his capture by the Mallers? When the Fort Irwin Soldiers investigate the twin Towers jail they discover Behemoths roaming around inside. It seems likely that Simon escaped before too long. I can't imagine them being in there with the Big Ones very long, safely. We can guess that he was captured AFTER the team took the Colony from the Mallers because of unfamiliarity with the Colony. (So he says.)
When did the electrical fire, that CJ said destroyed the surveillance system in the jail take place? The power was out when the Fort Irwin soldiers went there, and it was a year or two later when the Colonists went back to retrieve their bodies. So it is more likely that it happened before the power grid went down.

Maybe the electrical fire was caused by CJ trying to get more information. Powering up the Jail power grid with a generator or something and BOOM ... electrical fire.

KPCoyote
Apr 20th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Simon's "rescue" reminds me so much of Pippen's and Kalani's. He's mistrusted and under the suspicion of being a plant. He pleads while he struggles to prove that he's not. He is introduced to community's rules. Could it be that third time's a charm, or should CJ be prudent to not trust him? On one hand, his story is how we learn about what happened at Twin Towers Jail, this the more pragmatic option. On the other hand, is he hiding something? Puck isn't present for CJ's interview and he was the only one up to this point to venture into the jail.

Puck will have to have something to do with the story progression. I think once he hears what Simeon has to say then more will be revealed.

wh33t
Apr 21st, 2016, 01:00 AM
Does anyone know when the Wiki will be updated to include Simon, Weasel etc and the other new chars we're bound to meet soon.

Storm
Apr 21st, 2016, 03:45 AM
Ahhhh!!! I got what you're saying. The order of event's as we know them are: 1) Events of Lockdown, 2) Irwin Soldiers investigate the jail, 3)Simon is found by Burt, Puck and CJ, 4) One or two years after Nicholas is born, Burt and Puck return to the jail.
So, they must have learned about the electrical fire sometime between events 2 and 3.

Exactly... We probably just didn't hear about it in the main story since it takes place after Ink's gone, and that's when the 14-year-timejump happens...

Merlin1274
Apr 21st, 2016, 05:59 AM
Just listened. Can't wait for more. LOCKDOWN!!
Awesome Work KC and Crew. Gonna be fun getting to know the new voices and was nice to hear some familiar ones.

Storm
Apr 21st, 2016, 06:56 AM
I mentioned this in the Music of Lockdown topic too...But...
I was just baffled as to why this episode was ... not entirely mono, but a lot of it was, compared to the Comikaze preview, which seemed to be the case with the promo in the podcast feed. Bitrate seems to be 128KBPS too, which seems a tad low, but IDK...I can't hear any difference personally, but it just Struck me as a Little weird.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 21st, 2016, 11:06 AM
So this how KC feel when he know the info but can't said anything til it airs. The KS backers have a taste of this power and we now need to wait for everyone else catches up....... O-o'

Witch_Doctor
Apr 21st, 2016, 02:12 PM
OH Crap!! Am I spilling too many beans? I thought there was a spoiler warning on the thread.

Storm
Apr 21st, 2016, 02:57 PM
OH Crap!! Am I spilling too many beans? I thought there was a spoiler warning on the thread.

There is, so...I'd say ... spill them beans away! If we can't talk about it before the mortals have caught up, then it'll be one boring week... ^^

Kc
Apr 21st, 2016, 03:03 PM
There is, so...I'd say ... spill them beans away! If we can't talk about it before the mortals have caught up, then it'll be one boring week... ^^

Yeah, the layered release between the KS and the normal feed was something that I knew we'd have to deal with. There really isn't any other way.

Windsor995
Apr 23rd, 2016, 09:11 AM
Thank you for the new series.........I am glad I helped through Kickstarter to back this.

Litmaster
Apr 24th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Aaaaaand I'm back! Boy, it's been a long time since I have written a Lit-Treatise, but I'm fresh off my 5th listen to the first part of 'Lockdown' and wanted to set some thoughts down and nudge this forum back to life, a bit. I don't have as much time to be on here as I used to, but it's great to put my fan hat back on and enjoy a great 'Audio Theater for the Mind' from Wayland Productions!

...there we go. So, I was at first hesitant about posting my reaction to the episode here, given that I'm listening to it nearly a week before everyone else (ep drops tomorrow for non-backers), but then I figured 'Ah, fuck 'em!' I paid the money, they didn't, so they can SUCK IT if they don't like me getting a head start on the new episodes'. #backerprivilege

Okay, so a few reactions / thoughts. First, regarding craft:

It's better than We're Alive. BETTER! Kc and Grayson are at the top of their game, and have really outdone themselves with the writing, acting, music, effects, and overall production value. Amazing.
Writing is stellar, which is hard to do in audio. Like how Kc starts us with the 'known' characters and gradually moves us to the unknown. Also takes care to limit the number of characters introduced initially, and in the scene at the holding cell he has Simon repeat each of the new guy's names several times, using a narrative framing device to make things clear. VERY helpful in following who is who.
Really enjoyed the acting performances; voices and personality match up exceedingly well. Kim Estes did an especially great job.
Not sure who the composer is, but I like how he takes the original We're Alive music (written by Kc's sister, I think...?) and re scores it . Sounds awesome.

So, some thoughts / impressions about the story itself:

So this is our gang stomping out the last, possibly, of the Mallers, which is a few months after the end of We're Alive (not counting the huge time jump. So that means Simon has been captive of the Mallers for some time. That's a lot of ass rape. Eesh.
Simon's real name is Simion, or 'simian' which a higher primate, like apes and humans. Monkeys are used, controversially, in medical research. Wondering what parallels his name and a research test subject might have...
It's mentioned at 38:45 that Fredo does work for 'The Families', of which there are three remaining, we know. I'd bet dollars to donuts that he knows Scratch.
Chuck mentions at 39:30 that he met a guy 'Dan' who told him about The Families, even showing him the ring with the insignia on it. How much you want to bet that 'Dan' is actually Angel Tunudo?
At 40:05 it's mentioned that The Families have a policy of 'a life for a life' and will stop at nothing to avenge the death of one of theirs, which explains why Scratch was so hell-bent on avenging John's death.
Cohen was the guy who inked up scratch, but I forgot who he turned out to be in the main story. I know Austin McKibbon eventually becomes Arrowhead... what about Cohen?
The mention by Chuck that "ink tells a story". Yep. Wondering now if some tats by an inmate will have some influence over the Zeds, as Ink's does.
At 47:21 it's mentioned that the guy from the drunk tank is bleeding. So he'll be the first to die, or to turn?
The mention of Block 7 being under construction has to be significant. Willing to bet that some future scenes take place there. Or maybe that's their means of egress?
We know that Ink is attacked in the van in the loading area, just as he's ready to be transported, and 'turns' in the van. So the jail is the first place he likely takes over. Given that it's a jail, the Zeds aren't likely to make their way in the place unless they are let in, especially given the place clearly goes into 'lockdown' before it's overrun. That means Ink is the only one who is going to keep these prisoners alive, becoming the new defacto 'warden' of the Twin Towers.
Once shit starts to go bad, the guards are the only ones capable of freeing any locked prisoners, so I'm guessing the guards and inmates are gonna have to team up here. "The enemy of my enemy", as Burt says.

That's about it for now. Can't wait to hear the next episode. Part of me wants to just binge the whole damned thing, but a part of me wants to savor it. In the immortal words of Puck, "Now I gotta wait." :nik:

Storm
Apr 24th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Speaking of Angel...Gotta Wonder what he did to "prove himself", since he had a ring...
...I gotta give Story of Survival another relisten methinks...Goes for Lockdown too for that matter, hehe.

Gnex
Apr 25th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Hello again all...... Checking in for the "public" as KC said..... :) Wasn't able to back at the time of the Kickstarter so I am very jealous of you guys that get it first!! Thanks for supporting and making it possible tho! KC this is amazing and you have done a great job already!!!

I love the way that every few seconds or so there is a "throwback"(or I guess a throw forward?!??) to what happens in were alive! So far I can already see some interesting plot points starting to develop with the guard that is a little too trusting, and the other guard who treats the inmates like crap....

Also I wonder what is going to happen to the inmate with the handcuffs on to tight??? I'm assuming they may just be loosened later..... But I was trying to remember if that was pointing to something from were alive before?!?

Kc
Apr 25th, 2016, 11:14 AM
We know that Ink is attacked in the van in the loading area, just as he's ready to be transported, and 'turns' in the van. So the jail is the first place he likely takes over. Given that it's a jail, the Zeds aren't likely to make their way in the place unless they are let in, especially given the place clearly goes into 'lockdown' before it's overrun. That means Ink is the only one who is going to keep these prisoners alive, becoming the new defacto 'warden' of the Twin Towers.

He's attacked at the Courthouse in WA. ;) It's been a while, just being helpful.

Gnex
Apr 25th, 2016, 12:01 PM
[/LIST]
He's attacked at the Courthouse in WA. ;) It's been a while, just being helpful.

It would seem to me that Ink was loaded into the van and departed before the lockdown was issued. We know it took some time for the initial wave of infection to spread..... So perhaps while Ink is being transported the infection is spreading rapidly thru the city...... Which would lead to why he never made it into the courthouse..... By the time the van arrives the city is basically over run???!!

IngledewM
Apr 25th, 2016, 12:18 PM
After waiting ages since We're Alive I have finally listened to the first part of Lockdown. It was definitely well worth the wait it's just a shame I have to wait for a week before I can hear the next part.

Zombiemom
Apr 25th, 2016, 12:40 PM
I'm very excited for lockdown! Part one was awesome, it was so nice to here the old voices. I might have to listen to it a few more times to try to get a handle on who all of the character are again.

I discovered we're alive about a month after the final episode aired so it's a new feeling to have to wait for new episodes. On the other hand I missed this whole part of the experience trying to figure out the story with other fans.

Gnex
Apr 25th, 2016, 12:45 PM
I'm very excited for lockdown! Part one was awesome, it was so nice to here the old voices. I might have to listen to it a few more times to try to get a handle on who all of the character are again.

I discovered we're alive about a month after the final episode aired so it's a new feeling to have to wait for new episodes. On the other hand I missed this whole part of the experience trying to figure out the story with other fans.

Welcome! The wait is the worst part!!! But it's always worth it!! :britt:

Gnex
Apr 25th, 2016, 01:01 PM
The new intro music is awesome!!! :yay:

Witch_Doctor
Apr 25th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Also I wonder what is going to happen to the inmate with the handcuffs on to tight??? I'm assuming they may just be loosened later..... But I was trying to remember if that was pointing to something from were alive before?!?

OOOhh boy, this is gonna make for an interesting dilemma! How much leeway do you give a dangerous person to protect themselves in and even more dangerous situation. Especially if you don't have the authority to make that kind of decision and are not aware that the world is ending.

Witch_Doctor
Apr 25th, 2016, 02:07 PM

Most of us flew through chapters and whole seasons only to crash into the 'weekly wait.' It sucked, but it had its advantages too. You don't miss as many of the intricacies that KC builds into the story, and the camaraderie built by discussing the story with other fans just can't be beat. It's gonna be fun.

Verse
Apr 25th, 2016, 02:57 PM
After so much time! It feels good to post! Also awesome to see so many of the old crew posting!

Great start as always. KC knows how to set up a show. I didnt think Ink got his tattoos so close to start of outbreak. I could have sworn he had the nickname Ink before then.

I also like that KC didnt shy away from slurs and racial descriptions. One of the things I liked about Were Alive is, for the most part, they never directly say whag race ppl are. And it makes since. I dont care if Bob is white, black, green, or blue. I only care if Bob can fight, his size, ect. Things related to survial in the world after Zombies. In prison race and what ppl call you matters. Those things matter for survial in prison.

I also think some of those guards days are numbered. They kinda come off as dicks. Cant see that as helping them survive in the long run.

GamerGirl
Apr 26th, 2016, 01:04 AM
[/LIST]

Sigh... You beat me too it Kc.

Michael, Kelly & a few of the Irwin soldiers (maybe Sal &Vic too - it's been awhile) saw the attack on Ink & his turning on the security video at the court house (their account in their journals is how it met the WA rules for us to find out what happened).

Ink may be on his way back to the prison... But he definitely left before he turned.

(Also thank you kick starter donors. I say spoil all you want to in these threads as you are the reason we even have lockdown. I think the rest of us can handle the forums like we used to & avoid them until we have a chance to listen. Worked for all the late comers last go around...)

GamerGirl
Apr 26th, 2016, 01:13 AM
Also - did anyone else catch the return of squeaky chair at the start of the interview?

As much as the music was perfect & hearing our old friends awesome, as sad as it may be, that sound effect really bought me back...

(Kc and/or Grayson if it's not the same chair don't tell me, let me live with this assumption)

Storm
Apr 26th, 2016, 02:12 AM
[QUOTE=GamerGirl;81289]Also I didn't catch it, I think... But now you mention it I definitely remember that sound :D
Kc should totally make it a ringtone :P

Litmaster
Apr 26th, 2016, 02:47 AM

...mmmm you sure on that one? Think you should check your source. :nik:

ALRIGHT HE WAS AT THE COURTHOUSE! But in a VAN... definitely remember a van. Or a truck. Or SUV. But NOT a motorcycle, for sure. :nik:

Cdmassey987
Apr 26th, 2016, 04:33 AM
Just finished listening to this, amazing! Loved the story telling aspect. I really enjoyed the fact names were repeated by Simian and that he gave physical descriptions. I really enjoyed the cameos of CJ, Burt, and Puck.

Quality is fantastic and loved the pacing. Ending sequence was fabulous as a nod to the name. I actually really liked the credits listing at the end too. I can't wait to hear more keep up the great work.

Dr.Zander Crowe
Apr 26th, 2016, 05:34 AM
I just want to say that I love the first show. like more than a few people I got started on WA After the Story of Survival had ended. I loved it have listened to it more times than I can really say at least like 5 or 6 I think. its my go to when I am looking for something good at work and is always in my iPod no matter how much space it doesn't have. I know I know my Fan boy is hanging out. Great job on lockdown it seems to have a great start now to get used to having to wait a week for my next fix. But it gives me something to look forward to on Tuesday night at work. Thanks guys keep up the good work.

Zombiemom
Apr 26th, 2016, 05:58 AM
I just want to say that I love the first show. like more than a few people I got started on WA After the Story of Survival had ended. I loved it have listened to it more times than I can really say at least like 5 or 6 I think. its my go to when I am looking for something good at work and is always in my iPod no matter how much space it doesn't have. I know I know my Fan boy is hanging out. Great job on lockdown it seems to have a great start now to get used to having to wait a week for my next fix. But it gives me something to look forward to on Tuesday night at work. Thanks guys keep up the good work.

I have to say I love your screen name. Now every post of yours will be read in that voice in my head. Lol.

Eric
Apr 26th, 2016, 07:02 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they supposed to be selling this one rather than using the previous WA model? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to get it for free but I could have sworn when they announced this it was going to be sold. Well barring giving them money for the episodes is there a place to donate or a patreon or something I could be directed to? I'd like to support this project in some fashion.

UndeadSweeper
Apr 26th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Eps 2 is out. LOCKDOWN!!

LiamKerrington
Apr 26th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Hello.

Eps 2 is out. LOCKDOWN!!

Well, yes. And I thought it might be a good idea to split things like what we had in the good ol' times ... So, part 2 discussion's over here:

http://www.werealive.com/forum/showthread.php?5917-Lockdown-Part-2-WARNING-Contains-spoilers

Best wishes!
Liam

KPCoyote
Apr 26th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Sigh... You beat me too it Kc.

Michael, Kelly & a few of the Irwin soldiers (maybe Sal &Vic too - it's been awhile) saw the attack on Ink & his turning on the security video at the court house (their account in their journals is how it met the WA rules for us to find out what happened).

Ink may be on his way back to the prison... But he definitely left before he turned.

(Also thank you kick starter donors. I say spoil all you want to in these threads as you are the reason we even have lockdown. I think the rest of us can handle the forums like we used to & avoid them until we have a chance to listen. Worked for all the late comers last go around...)

Well since you put it that way...

KPCoyote
Apr 26th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Share with your family and friends.

cappuccino136
Apr 26th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Hi, I found We're Alive and started listening last fall. Loved it. Now I just finished Lockdown Pt.1 and it was great! So excited for this story to unfold. Interesting characters. Great cast, I must say.

There are so many things I can't wait to hear more about. And, I wonder exactly how trustworthy Simon will turn out to be. Not that he seems off. I have no doubt that the Mallers captured and abused him. But, just because he was victimized by them doesn't mean that he is a good guy and once he has some safety and security he will not be plotting something. I have a feeling he is not stupid.

And there will be some development of the "Family" legend. Hmmmm.

But I really can't wait for more about Ink! So creepy.

Matt Gossett
Apr 28th, 2016, 11:50 AM
After so much time! It feels good to post! Also awesome to see so many of the old crew posting!

Great start as always. KC knows how to set up a show. I didnt think Ink got his tattoos so close to start of outbreak. I could have sworn he had the nickname Ink before then.

I also like that KC didnt shy away from slurs and racial descriptions. One of the things I liked about Were Alive is, for the most part, they never directly say whag race ppl are. And it makes since. I dont care if Bob is white, black, green, or blue. I only care if Bob can fight, his size, ect. Things related to survial in the world after Zombies. In prison race and what ppl call you matters. Those things matter for survial in prison.

I also think some of those guards days are numbered. They kinda come off as dicks. Cant see that as helping them survive in the long run.

I might have to finally stop lurking, and start posting more. Lockdown is like a blast from the past!!! It's so nice hearing familiar voices and seeing familiar posters. KC is still on top of his game. It's feels like a direct continuation from We're Alive. Keep up the great work!!!

If I remember correctly, "Ink" got his nickname from the media since his case was high profile. I'm hoping the new guards don't die too soon. I can see both of the guards, being completely opposite personalities, will put the prisoners in potentially dangerous situations leaving us with nice cliffhangers.

Witch_Doctor
May 1st, 2016, 02:52 PM
Chuck mentions at 39:30 that he met a guy 'Dan' who told him about The Families, even showing him the ring with the insignia on it. How much you want to bet that 'Dan' is actually Angel Tunudo?

Chuck said the Family guy's name was 'something' like Dan and Jeremy derided him for not remembering his name but so many other details. What do think that it could be Durai? I can't imagine how this would play further into this story other than a homage to W.A.A.S.O.S. (We're Alive: A Story Of Survival.)

MrRedBeard
May 1st, 2016, 06:05 PM
Angel would have been in College or already in the Military so no not Angel.

Adventureless_Hero
May 6th, 2016, 01:45 PM
I haven't gone back to relisten just yet, but did I hear Tardust with the Mallers at the begining of Lockdown, during the scene where the Mallers are being cruel to Simian?

I'll need to check my old ass notes for We're Alive to recall the fate of Tardust, but I swear I heard his voice in the opening scene.

Kat E
May 6th, 2016, 04:25 PM
I haven't gone back to relisten just yet, but did I hear Tardust with the Mallers at the begining of Lockdown, during the scene where the Mallers are being cruel to Simian?

I'll need to check my old ass notes for We're Alive to recall the fate of Tardust, but I swear I heard his voice in the opening scene.

Put it this way. Weasel and Simon both are whiners. Tardust was a whiner too, but he would already met with Riley by this point in the WA timeline. Don't want to give too much away for any WA newbies, so I'll leave it at that. But if Tardust had been there I agree he would absolutely have said similar things, cuz that's how mall-ers roll.

Witch_Doctor
May 6th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Put it this way. Weasel and Simon both are whiners. Tardust was a whiner too, but he would already met with Riley by this point in the WA timeline. Don't want to give too much away for any WA newbies, so I'll leave it at that. But if Tardust had been there I agree he would absolutely have said similar things, cuz that's how mall-ers roll.

Yeah, the Mallers seem to have a cartoonish gangster voice. I actually had trouble telling Weasel and Simon apart at times. If Tardust was there too, I would have almost suspected that it a single mentally disturbed character having a three-way conversation with himself.

Interestingly enough is that the Twin Towers inmates in Lockdown (Who I assume are mostly non-violent offenders) sound much more hard core than the Mallers in WA A Story of Survival.

Storm
May 9th, 2016, 06:51 AM
Hmm, so Chuck got in jail around March 21st in 2002 from what I can calculate...I'm probably waaay off though... XD
Just felt like throwing that out there, forum's awfully quiet :P

Witch_Doctor
May 9th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Hmm, so Chuck got in jail around March 21st in 2002 from what I can calculate...I'm probably waaay off though... XD
Just felt like throwing that out there, forum's awfully quiet :P

Way too quite. Its like they're planning something.
Seriously though, it's kind of dead.

Storm
May 9th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Way too quite. Its like they're planning something.
Seriously though, it's kind of dead.

Yeah... Pfft! And they call this "We're Alive"? :P

Kat E
May 9th, 2016, 11:59 PM
Yeah... Pfft! And they call this "We're Alive"? :P

Now THAT's funny.
Seriously, how often does a chance come up that you could use that line in context like that? Hmmmm, it might make an interesting challenge to see if you could come up with a really good question that would elicit said response inclusive of "We're Alive." Your banter was pretty darned perfect. I'd be hard pressed to think of .... nope, can't.

KPCoyote
May 11th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Anyone checking Reddit? I don't use it, but I wonder if more discussion is happening there.

Kat E
May 11th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Anyone else think CJ's comment about Simeon "He's chained to the table. What can he do?" sound a little foreshadowing? Like whistling in a graveyard.

KPCoyote
May 12th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Anyone else think CJ's comment about Simeon "He's chained to the table. What can he do?" sound a little foreshadowing? Like whistling in a graveyard.

My friend Yomary at work is worried about the same thing. You think Simeon will attack her or try to escape the holding room?

Witch_Doctor
May 12th, 2016, 02:15 PM

My friend Yomary at work is worried about the same thing. You think Simeon will attack her or try to escape the holding room?

That line jumped out like a scared rabbit. I doubt that he is lying about the whole account at the jail (His account is the story of what went down there. If he's lying then that makes the whole series B.S.) but something kind of bugs me about him. When the Mallers dropped off Pippen at the Tower, they sent him to complete a mission, but we don't know what kind of motivation they provided to him to comply. He could have just admitted the truth to Michael and Angel in exchange for sparing his life. The same seems to be the case for Simeon. The Mallers were going to drop him off at the Colony with explosives. It sounded like they weren't even expecting him back. So, what would have been his motivation to complete what ever mission that he was sent to do?

I can't get over the fact that they brought the explosives back with them. :tinfoil::tinfoil:

KPCoyote
May 12th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Even if they did bring the explosives back, Simeon wouldn't know where to start looking for them. But you have a good point. Does anyone think that the Mallers have some of the Twins as blackmail over Simeon? I would actually be cool with that. That would be more motivation to save those characters.