PDA

View Full Version : Michael A.K.A. Mikey

Annamarie08
Feb 27th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Was it ever established as to why Michael detests being called Mikey?? I had this theory that he wasn't always an older child & perhaps he was responsible for the death of his sibling?? Who used to call him Mikey?? Just thinking out loud.

General Malarky
Feb 27th, 2016, 02:01 PM
I always thought he just didn't like it for the sake of not liking it. Like how Victor hated being called Vic. People only called them those names because it only made Michael and Victor annoyed, encouraging more.

I'm not sure if what I just said made any sense.

Annamarie08
Feb 27th, 2016, 04:34 PM
I always thought he just didn't like it for the sake of not liking it. Like how Victor hated being called Vic. People only called them those names because it only made Michael and Victor annoyed, encouraging more.

I'm not sure if what I just said made any sense.

I feel like it goes a bit deeper for Michael - considering he is extremely elusive as to his upbringing and his family (mom & pops).....and I would think 'Mikey' is a nickname that maybe his parents used? Or another family member? Since it's a youthful kind of nickname. So, maybe someone else using it brings up some bad memories perhaps? Just a thought.

Gooer
Feb 28th, 2016, 04:41 AM
He claims he was an only child, but his parents might of called him it..... Which would make sense. I think Kc would elaborate on it if it was important...... Probably just character building for him.

Annamarie08
Feb 28th, 2016, 08:44 AM
He claims he was an only child, but his parents might of called him it..... Which would make sense. I think Kc would elaborate on it if it was important...... Probably just character building for him.

Yeah - not sure of him being an only child.....my guess is that he is now, but wasn't always.....especially after Kelly stating 'he doesn't fit the only child type'.....

Gooer
Feb 28th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Yeah - not sure of him being an only child.....my guess is that he is now, but wasn't always.....especially after Kelly stating 'he doesn't fit the only child type'.....

Well, not everyone falls into the stereotype...... But why would he hide having siblings? He only hid the news about his parents when Kelly asked.

Annamarie08
Feb 28th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Well, not everyone falls into the stereotype...... But why would he hide having siblings? He only hid the news about his parents when Kelly asked.

Because he's responsible for their death perhaps? I think Michael has some deep scars....

pmchawk
Feb 28th, 2016, 08:12 PM
Maybe he watched Goonies 1 too many times. :-)

Merlin1274
Mar 1st, 2016, 05:24 AM
Could be he was called that as a Child. Maybe now that he is an adult, he doesn't want to be called his child name. Like my Brother was always Donnie. When he got older he goes by Don and hates it when he is called Donnie, because of that reason.