PDA

View Full Version : Did CJ sabotage it??

Annamarie08
Jan 28th, 2016, 04:31 PM
As a relatively new member.....I just got around to browsing the blog entries...some awesome stuff in there! After reading some blog posts - specifically in the Voodoo Lounge..... I read a post by nikvoodoo surmising that CJ sabotaged Victor's air tank during the Ground Zero mission she sent them on when Victor ran out of air and couldn't breathe. Was this ever confirmed? Any of you have any speculations? That never crossed my mind, but after I read that - thought it was quite possible.....if she actually did that - then CJ is way more conniving and underhanded than I ever thought she was.

Litmaster
Jan 28th, 2016, 07:27 PM
I didn't think that CJ was above sacrificing the good of the individual for the sake of the good of the whole.

Annamarie08
Jan 28th, 2016, 09:03 PM
I didn't think that CJ was above sacrificing the good of the individual for the sake of the good of the whole.

You're probably correct, Litmaster, but if she did sabotage it.....I believe it was done for purely selfish reasons....and if that's the case - she lost many brownie points in my book.

bluestarred
Jan 29th, 2016, 06:07 AM
But why would she do it? Forgive me if I'm dense, but I don't get it.O_o

Gooer
Jan 29th, 2016, 06:28 AM
But why would she do it? Forgive me if I'm dense, but I don't get it.O_o

I think so that she could test the effects of the GZ air on someone without them knowing, to see whether it affected everyone, or just a few people

Merlin1274
Jan 29th, 2016, 07:23 AM
I would not put it past her. Remember, she just met them and had no concerns. It wasn't till later she grew attachments. They were just tools for her to use at the time.

bluestarred
Jan 29th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Now I see! That's one way of testing out a theory. Thanks for explaining it, guys!

Annamarie08
Jan 29th, 2016, 10:00 PM
Now that we agree that it is quite possible CJ actually did sabotage Victor's tank - if she actually did - then she had quite some nerve kicking Saul & Victor out of the Colony to Dunbar after she found out they lied about the prisoners killing Sean.....if only Saul & Victor knew about her deceitfulness. ; )

turbo
Jan 31st, 2016, 06:48 PM
Now that we agree that it is quite possible CJ actually did sabotage Victor's tank - if she actually did - then she had quite some nerve kicking Saul & Victor out of the Colony to Dunbar after she found out they lied about the prisoners killing Sean.....if only Saul & Victor knew about her deceitfulness. ; )

Well, she did lose her leg because of them ;)

Annamarie08
Feb 1st, 2016, 07:36 AM
Well, she did lose her leg because of them ;)

Well, turbo - honestly, in my estimation - that might have happened to her at one point or another regardless - without storming the Colony....she really is only good at planning - that's it. She never follows directions or anyone else's lead - Saul told her to wait for him.....she's didn't....she goes overboard on nonsense bullshit - like bringing a hundred different knives, weapons, etc....when really, that's where Scratch is superior to her - when CJ says to her, "That's all you got?" referring to her knife and Scratch responds, "It's how you use it....."...that's right! CJ ends up spending all her time planning, but doesn't work to improve areas where she is the weakest...like hand to hand fighting, clearing rooms, etc.....she seems to have a bit of an ego as well, which ends up working against her.....and the fact that she could have easily killed Victor sabotaging his tank - that should not be understated. If Saul was in a different area than him at the time & hadn't shared his tank with him - Victor would have been a goner.....and in my eyes - I'd rather have no leg than have no life.

turbo
Feb 1st, 2016, 01:28 PM
Very valid point! She doesn't seem to really take the effort to really learn what she prepares. She made a statement when her and Saul were stuck in that garage, when she cut the feet off of the zombie outside the door to remember that move. She probably never practices.

taitrochoi
Mar 11th, 2016, 08:36 PM
She made a statement when

Annamarie08
Mar 15th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Very valid point! She doesn't seem to really take the effort to really learn what she prepares. She made a statement when her and Saul were stuck in that garage, when she cut the feet off of the zombie outside the door to remember that move. She probably never practices.

Good point, turbo.....yes! She did make that statement when she cut off the feet. And the fact that she recruited Saul & Victor to Ground Zero without ever attempting it herself definitely says something to me. I get that it was potentially dangerous & even possibly deadly.....but for a 'survivor' like CJ not to have ever attempted it says to me that she doesn't trust herself 100%.

Gooer
Mar 15th, 2016, 02:00 PM
Good point, turbo.....yes! She did make that statement when she cut off the feet. And the fact that she recruited Saul & Victor to Ground Zero without ever attempting it herself definitely says something to me. I get that it was potentially dangerous & even possibly deadly.....but for a 'survivor' like CJ not to have ever attempted it says to me that she doesn't trust herself 100%.

Exactly. She's a survivor. Why attempt to go into a place you KNOW turns people into "them", and risk getting killed, when you can use two chumps you don't even know/care about to do it for you. No loss for her if they died.

General Malarky
Mar 16th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Exactly. She's a survivor. Why attempt to go into a place you KNOW turns people into "them", and risk getting killed, when you can use two chumps you don't even know/care about to do it for you. No loss for her if they died.

From her point of view it could even be a gain of they died. It would confirm what the gas does to you, or for all they knew at the time, she could've found them eaten by a giant radioactive squid. She just wanted data, in any form.

Annamarie08
Mar 19th, 2016, 01:56 PM

Can't really agree with you, Gooer - that CJ is a true 'survivor' - her sacrificing Saul & Victor (even without knowing them) - only proves how ruthless she can be. That kind of behavior will only work until people figure you out. Granted - she had proved herself by the end of the series, but in that part of the story - she lost a lot of points in my book.

Gooer
Mar 20th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Can't really agree with you, Gooer - that CJ is a true 'survivor' - her sacrificing Saul & Victor (even without knowing them) - only proves how ruthless she can be. That kind of behavior will only work until people figure you out. Granted - she had proved herself by the end of the series, but in that part of the story - she lost a lot of points in my book.

I wasn't saying it was a nice thing to do - it was a dick move, but in terms of survival, she'll more likely survive by sending people to deadly areas than she would by going there herself.

Annamarie08
Mar 28th, 2016, 07:27 AM
I wasn't saying it was a nice thing to do - it was a dick move, but in terms of survival, she'll more likely survive by sending people to deadly areas than she would by going there herself.

Well, again, Gooer - that only means she'll survive until she runs out of people to use. Lol.

Gooer
Mar 30th, 2016, 12:32 AM
Well, again, Gooer - that only means she'll survive until she runs out of people to use. Lol.

Very true.... And I feel she was always fairly self centred - like when she said she'd rather have her leg back then save the colony. Ok, It's a fairly extreme example, but it's the first one that came to mind :britt:

Annamarie08
Apr 3rd, 2016, 10:49 AM
Very true.... And I feel she was always fairly self centred - like when she said she'd rather have her leg back then save the colony. Ok, It's a fairly extreme example, but it's the first one that came to mind :britt:

Absolutely, Gooer! Great, great example! I do believe most of her issues involve trust. She's a terrific character - but I believe she's got a hell of a hot of deep seeded problems.

joeroot9357
Apr 19th, 2016, 03:39 AM
Pretty cool CJ but cant think it as much innocent one

DeeZee
Nov 13th, 2016, 01:17 PM

Foreshadowing to Saul cutting Ink's feet off in the tunnels.

fezziwig
Oct 22nd, 2019, 12:10 PM
I don't understand this topic...
Tutuapp (https://tutuapp.uno/) 9Apps (https://9apps.ooo/) Showbox (https://showbox.kim/)

viper123
Nov 12th, 2020, 01:41 AM
I would not get it past her. Keep in mind, she just met them and had no worries. It wasn't till later she developed connections. They were simply devices for her to use at that point.

Alexsandro111
Jan 20th, 2021, 04:21 AM
I don't understand this topic...

That's a great idea!:D